Birds are unique animals, because they are all different. The beak can be of different lengths, shapes and colors. The beak is the main body of the bird, which helps it to survive. The anatomical ability of the beak are different. Consider the basic types of birds with long red beaks and unusual.
The beak of a bird may be different. It can be long. Can be red, and may be of various shapes.
Consider the basic types of birds with unbelievable beaks.
- Bird rhinoceros. This kind of dazzles on the cover of all encyclopedias. It really is one of the largest beaks. Thanks to the massive neck, she can hold it. Beak Rhino is needed in order to help to produce delicious food and attract females for reproduction. The horn is located in the center of the beak helps the bird during the fight, when she makes sounds frightening to the opponent.
- The curly Pelican. This individual is quite large, with a bag under the beak. Pelican saw every animal in the zoo. The bill is necessary for him to catch fish and frogs. At the base of the body there is a hook. He helps to capture prey, toss it and catch.
- The shoebill. It is called the Royal Heron. He has great size hook. The beak is also used in order to catch as much food as possible.
Bird with long beak: varieties
Almost every bird with a long beak. But some birds are on the entire length of the torso. And in some cases it can even be larger than the bird’s body. Consider the basic types of such individuals.
- AIST. Each of us saw the stork, its large beak and long neck. It has a conically shaped body which is painted red. Thus, it can not swallow only the fish and frogs. He often feeds on lizards, worms, insects and even moles. The beak of the stork is the tweezers, which he can pull out from the swampy pond any food.
- The Australian Pelican. This birds has the longest beak. He reaches fifty centimetres in length. The height of the bird reaches almost two meters. With the help of your on Australian Pelican catches large prey. However, it is quite hard to fly. Unfortunately, the anatomical structure of the body allows feathered to fly pike.
- The Hummingbird is the smallest bird in the world. But it has a long beak. It can reach ten centimeters. The length of the birds body is several times smaller than the body. The structure of the beak she could obtain fragrant nectar from tubular flowers.
A bird with a long tail and a huge beak
The largest beak of a Toucan. It is more than third of the body of birds. With his Toucan can independently engage in the collection and treatment of fruit on which it feeds. In addition, the bill is necessary to him in order to attract a mate and defend territory. An interesting fact is that the Toucan is a close relative of the woodpecker. It lives in the tropical forests of America. The beak of the Toucan is a regulator of a temperature mode of a body.
Another interesting fact is that in the beak of a Toucan is the blood vessels. A bird can restrict and increase blood flow. Thus, she self-regulates its body temperature.
From the family of charadriidae by the holder of a long beak is the Curlew. It lives only in North America. They can live only in meadows. They feed exclusively on grasshoppers and crickets, and the beak acts as a spit. Birds are able to migrate long distances. The curved body of the feathered can reach twenty centimeters in length.
Another representative is Turpan. It belongs to the ducks. Has a yellow beak and black plumage. Likes to eat shellfish and is proud of its beak, as it can pick up very small prey from the bottom of the ocean. Has black, orange and beige patterns. They do the bill is particularly striking.
Merganser is a bird somewhat similar to an ordinary duck. But in fact it is its ancient progenitor. This feathered duck on the beak has to be a hundred teeth, which are arranged on each of the jaws. The form of this bird is the largest of all existing in the world. It inhabits lakes, estuary, big river and some ponds. With teeth located on the beak, she could easily catch fish and eat it. In addition, it can feed on small mammals, frogs or reptiles. Merganser is flying birds, which quickly speeds up to eighty kilometers per hour.
Bird with a red beak: varieties
In the world isolated a variety of birds. But amazing can be called the ones that have a red beak.
Consider a few of them.
- The world has three subspecies of waterfowl birds black vodorez. She lives in the rivers of Asia, America and Africa. To amazing features includes its disproportionate mandible. The lower jaw she put forward several times further than the top. Birds of this species like to fly. They feed on fish and shrimp. The beak of this bird is colorful, in black and red color with strokes. Its pointed tip can be used as protection from gulls, which often invade a nesting area for birds.
- Roseate spoonbill — a bird of extraordinary beauty. If you look at it from afar, you might think that we are faced with flamingos. Look at her bright and unusual. Despite all the beauty of plumage, apparently a bird like dinosaur. Looking at the face, you can even think that he is. Spoonbill has a huge long beak. Outwardly, it resembles a line in one row. End of the body has a rounded shape. Such an unusual nose helps to open the bird access to most of the underwater animals. In addition, she can eat anywhere. Usually spoonbill lives along with herons, storks or cranes.
- Woodcock is another member with an amazing beak. It has the form of a probe, disproportionate and long. They live in American forests and bushes. In any place where there is dirt, is home to feathered. The beak has nerve endings that help to use it as a sensitive organ. Unlike other varieties, this can easily bend the bill and to give more maneuverability. Often this occurs at the time of the digging of the litter of the forest and of food production. The bird eats exclusively earthworms, larvae of beetles and many other invertebrates living in the mud. Unlike other species, on the woodcock soft to the touch.
- The Chough is another representative of a bird with a red beak. In size it is slightly larger than jackdaws and can grow to a maximum length of forty centimeters. Among other black birds the Chough is allocated downward curved red beak. In addition, the red color of her paws. The feathers she can have all the colors of the rainbow. Chicks have legs and beak are yellow, while the feathers are matte colors. These birds reside in China, Asia, Western Europe, rarely in the Alps. They are common in arid areas of the forest. Quite often, Chough can be found in the mountains. The Chough lives only colonies that persist for centuries in one place. Their nests they build of branches. Birds are located in caves or rock crevices away from the strong wind and the whirlwind. Females incubate the eggs for eighteen days. During enhanced growth of Chicks, the female may feed them every hour. Food she brings into the jaw bag. Young fly from the nest throughout the month. Chough feed on small insects, ants, seeds and berries. To extract small prey they help thin long beaks. Thus, they can get the necessary insect even from a fast-growing delicate herb.
Bird with long tail variety
The world is difficult to count all the varieties of birds with a long tail. Consider the main ones.
One of the birds with a long tail is a Linnet. In our area it is called repolovo or replica. It has a small size and belongs to the passerine group. Its body length does not exceed, as a rule, sixteen inches. In the weight it can reach twenty-two grams. To see this kind of may almost on the whole territory of Europe. Occasionally a Linnet can be found in Africa or Asia. Amazing feature of this bird is not only the length of the tail, but a way of life. In the mating season the males put on beautiful plumage.
Thus the head and chest become bright Carmine and white. The older the male, the brighter it will be seen color. The back of the linnets will be painted in brown color. On the wings, feathered tail is depicted with narrow black stripes. Female calves are not as bright plumage. In addition, many young females may have small streaks of elongated location. The beak of the bird short, conical and rather thick. Legs long and covered with feathers that have brown color. Fingers they are thin and have sharp claws, always sharp.
Other species of birds with a long tail
Another representative is a Wagtail. The world knows no more than fifteen species of Wagtails. Song birds small size can be found in Europe, Asia and Africa. They have such an interesting name due to the regular rocking of the tail. Most of the time they can spend on the ground. They settle near rivers and lakes. But in the water they also spend time in search of food. They eat insects, snails, worms and spiders. Pied Wagtail loves to run across the field and there to catch insects that the cattle disturb.
To minimize the search for food, a Wagtail can curl around cows, horses, and cattle, going in search of insects. However, she has a slender body, long tail and a sharp beak. Species Wagtails found only in Asia. There they build nests of grass and leaves, forming of them a web. Most often the nest cling to a branch near the pond.
The third is the peacock. One of the most beautiful birds gallinaceous. Peacock has an ordinary physique, but long neck. The main thing that attracts all the others is the tail of a peacock. It has multiple colors and feathers of this bird are esteemed. Little head, on which the male bears the crest, also distinguishes it among the many. Spreading tail of a peacock only in time of danger. The long tail is feathered, you can see blue, green and red tones.
Another feathered with a long tail is the Quetzal. This bird lives in southern Mexico and Western Panama. The bird has colorful plumage and a long tail. It has long been believed that the Quetzal is a mythological identification mesoamericana natives. Today this bird is a national treasure of Guatemala, where it is depicted on the flag. In honor of the birds was named the local currency. Quetzal has a small height (no more than forty centimeters). And in the weight she can only have deste ten grams.
Among all members of the genus stroganovyh light weight makes it the most attractive. Externally, the bird has a beautiful green color of the body, which can cast the gold, blue or purple. Breast of the bird is bright red, which also distinguishes it from others. Males have a beautiful long tail that is several times the size of its body.
Another notable feature is called extraordinary fluff that sticks out on the head feathered. The plumage was kazali long tail. The beak of males can be only yellow, and females have only black. This is the difference between sexes kazali. Complements the bird is partially covered with a gorgeous green feathers on both birds.
A representative of birds has its own characteristics that set them apart. It should be noted that a genetic predisposition to a particular shape of beak, length, and color speaks of the special purposes of this authority. Some representatives, it serves as a tool to catch food and others as a spectacular olfactory organ.