Appeared in the apartment the puppy is not only joy and positive sea, but the bustle, a large number of concerns. Here is a quarantine period coming to an end, all vaccinations bear and baby time to take on his first walk. But doing this is recommended only on a leash for safety is still slow crumbs.
It should be noted that habituation to the collar — this is the first but very important step to the socialization and puppy training. Getting used to ammunition, a small four-legged gets first experience in obedience and emotionally becoming more attached to his owner. In order for the first stage of socialization was successful, the owner needs to have patience and not to forget that persistence and consistency is the key to success.
- Patience is very important in the aspects of training a puppy. Even the most intelligent representative of the tailed beasts in a single day not understand that from him want and not get used to the new gear, feeling comfortable.
- Developed a system of incentives — the key to success. This method is the most efficient among all available, so why not use it and you not give the necessary stimulus for the baby to continue to learn many new skills? A system of rewards includes not only treats, but also fun games or hypocoristic words, the manifestation of love.
- A collar is recommended to put on before going outside. The first model of the collar should be as easy, simple, not to cause discomfort. Metal collars, decorated a large number of bells, misplaced during adaptation much more difficult and addictive. If even the most extraordinary attribute of concern to the dog, it is recommended to put it on just before going outside, with gradually increasing walks.
Accustom your puppy to the collar: the basic rules
Usually, at this stage, difficulties arise rarely. Purebred puppies of different breeds labeled with colored thread, to keep track of the weight and time of birth of the baby. After a while, to replace the threads come satin ribbon or light collars. The puppies in most cases have your attribute with dignity, because the collar does not cause feelings of discomfort.
If your tailed friend had a similar experience, then go the same way — tie on baby light satin ribbon, which in the future can be replaced by a collar. Going to the pet store, where a wide range of products, give preference to a light nylon products, which are equipped with plastic buckles. It is recommended that this attribute was smooth, with a smooth surfaceand was regulated over the entire length. Refrain from buying a good collar for growth, it must match the size perfectly to sit on the neck, not Baskakova through the head.
How to teach your dog to a leash?
After the puppy has settled in, you should gradually start to accustom to ammunition — tie outstanding and easy leash to have tailed him moving through the apartment. Pay attention to the fact that four-legged must not play with his leash. Presenting a detailed picture of what happened, the puppy needs to run around the house for at least 20 minutes, paying absolutely no attention to the leash.
Three months later the dog’s life, she receives the first vaccination. Since there is a “new era” in the life of a puppy — regular walking on the street. It is extremely important to accustom your baby to the leash, starting with the first walks, as it is one of the most important safety issues the health and life of your pet. Do not flatter yourself that the dog is behind you, the first time he saw the street, the animal will see a lot of new, interesting and frightening that could cause him to run far away.
The first trips outside should be short. Highly recommend you walk over crumbs that the leash is not stretched, and the dog had not experienced feelings of discomfort. If a stupid kid is trying to take you in an unpleasant place, for example, to the garbage containers, then take it in hand and keep the treats, but in no case do not pull on the leash. Try to create all conditions for the head of a dog stereotype — “leash — time to walk”.
Next, more time-consuming step will be to accustom your pet to walk on a leash next to you without pulling it.
In this case, there are two methods: hard or loyal.
- Large pet at the age of 3 to 4 months can be trained not to pull the leash by the method of “Breakthrough”. It is recommended to use a nylon leash and a children’s parfors Allow the dog to reach 2 — 3 meters from him, and then a sharp jerk back into position beside you. After a while even the slowest puppy realizes that pulling on the leash, there is discomfort.
- The second way is much more loyal. To implement it, is necessary whenever the tension of the collar to stop and wait until the baby will turn his attention to you. Kindly bomanite it, treat treat and change the trajectory of your movement. A few weeks later, the puppy should learn that when tension on the leash he can’t move faster, on the contrary, much slower.
Walk with the pet on a loose leash as long as he does not master the basic and basic commands with “Fu”, “Place”, “Sit”. Next you will need to teach your child to execute the command “Next”, and it is the task extremely difficult. The main rule is not to overload the endless pet walk at his feet. Start your way to the 10 steps and gradually increase their number, considering the concentration of your pet when you run the command.
Teach your dog the command “heel on leash”
- Put the pet at the left leg and right arm hold the free end of the leash and a favorite toy (a treat);
- Start moving from command “Close”. Try to keep the leash in polluntants able to deny the puppy the opportunity to run in front of you;
- Baby must pull on their own leash. To suppress such phenomena hard or loyal way;
- Once the dog has caught your desire, be sure to encourage her actions;
- Gone the scheduled distance, put the crumbs from his left foot, has encouraged a quest, played active games and repeated the approach. For one walking is recommended for at least 3 small approach.
For some reasons a dog might not love the leash and what to do?
Feelings of discomfort that are experienced by a dog while walking firmly entrenched in her memory is a significant obstacle to the learning process. Your pet is not ready to walk outside with a leash, but why? Let’s consider the most significant reasons:
- Properly selected collar or parfor — pain not been able to produce pet during walks.
- If you let your pet play with ammunition, there is a high probability that he would refuse to walk it. Buy a new leash and make conclusions.
- If the dog was hit by the collar and leash. Try for some time to replace the collar and allow the dog to break the habit.
- If all of the above recommendations have failed then use the special vest-harness for puppies. They do not hold down movements, but not suitable for training.