Antibiotics have become a fixture of modern life. If it were not for these drugs, many infectious diseases was very difficult or impossible to cure. Thanks to anti-bacterial drugs for people over 75 years of age are not faced with the epidemics that had previously killed. Exactly from that time, as the antibiotic went into mass production.
An antibiotic of penicillin group with wide spectrum of action. In veterinary practice it is widely applied in the treatment of a large number of infectious diseases. The right to “Synulox” for cats and dogs belong to the American company Pfizer Animal Health. She is the producer of this medication.
“Synulox” has the following properties:
- Components of the drug affect the integrity of bacterial enzymes, preventing the access of active substances to bacteria.
- The medicine increases the disease-causing bacteria is sensitive to penicillin.
- Destroys most bacteria: Clostridium, Pasteurella, streptococci and staphylococci.
That is, this drug is effective for most infectious diseases of cats and dogs.
Indications for use drugs “Synulox”
The main active ingredient of this medication is amoxicillin. This antibiotic is able to suppress and destroy many bacteria, as well as their varieties. It effectively and rapidly accumulates in the body, which provides a quick positive effect of antibiotic therapy. As a rule, improvement of four-legged patient by using the “Synulox” comes just a couple of days.
There are the following indications for use of this medication:
- Skin diseases, bacterial wearer nature.
- Inflammation: stomatitis, gingivitis and abscesses.
- Diseases of the respiratory system. Very often, this drug helps to rescue a dog or cat with pneumonia.
- Inflammation of the bladder — cystitis.
- Infection of the trachea and bronchi.
- Umbilical infection.
- “Synulox” is prescribed in the prevention of inflammation after surgeries.
It is worth noting that this drug is not suitable for the treatment of very small animals, like Guinea pigs, hamsters and small miniature rabbits.
The composition of the drug and method of production
“Synulox” 2 the main active component:
- Amoxicillin. This is a beta laktamnah antibacterial drug belonging to penicillin. His properties are the same as ampicillin, but due to the different molecular structure, it effectively accumulated in the cells of the body.
- Clavulanic acid. This substance in itself is rather effective against pathogenic bacteria. However, in combination with amoxicillin, the effect of its impact is magnified.
For sale “Synulox” can be found in two product forms: injections and tablets.
“Synulox” tablets are sold in blister packs. Each of 10 tablets, dosage for 50 or 250 mg of active ingredient.
“Synulox” injections are sold in bottles of 40 and 100 ml. the Drug in glass vials has the form of an oily liquid light cream color.
It should be noted that injection for the treatment of cats and dogs are rarely used tablets. And this despite the fact that tablets are less effective than the solution “Synulox”. Instruction manual States that opened the medicine bottle can be stored only a month. This explains the great popularity of tablets.
“Synulox” cats: instructions for use
Dosage in the treatment of cats is calculated from the weight characteristics of the pet: per 1 kg body weight must not be more than 12.5 mg of the active substance. Given the fact that the average cat weighs 5 kg is just one tablet of the drug completely covers the daily requirement.
In the case of complicated course of infections, you are allowed to double the dosage. That is, per 1 kg of body weight of the pet should have Is 2 25 mg. tablets of the drug per day.
The decision to increase the dosage permitted to take only the attending veterinarian.
“Synulox” injections before dialing into the syringe must be thoroughly shaken. The dosage of the drug calculated again taking into account the weight of the animal. 1 kg should have 8, 75 mg of active substance.
The drug injection should be administered subcutaneously or intramuscularly.
“Synulox” for dogs application instructions
If an infectious disease is not complicated, you can give the dog medication twice a day, morning and evening before meals. Calculation of dosage for is no different from the calculation for cats: 1 kg weight of the pet should account for 12.5 mg of the active substance.
Uncomplicated diseases can be cured by a course of 7 days. In chronic diseases appointed for a longer period lasting 12 days. Cystitis is treated with a course of “Synulox” with a duration of 28 days.
As for the course “Synulox” injections, they are administered intramuscular and subcutaneous course to 5 days. Shots the dog should be to inject 1 time a day.
If at the end of the course the entire solution to use failed, it must be discarded.
Injections and tablets “Synulox” cannot be used together with other antibiotics. In addition, during treatment it is forbidden to feed the dog milk and dairy products.
Side effects and contraindications
Some dogs during the course of treatment may appear allergic reaction to the drug components. It manifests with a skin rash, watery eyes, swelling of the skin.
If you have symptoms of allergies in dogs from the medication should be discarded, and then to seek the assistance of a veterinary specialist.
The cat “Synulox” can cause indigestion. It manifests itself with symptoms suchas diarrhea or constipation. As a rule, side effects in cats go away on their own after the body of the animal adapts to the drug.
“Synulox” only one contraindication – hypersensitivity to the active substances of the drug.
This antibacterial drug is different from other antibiotics for animals the following positive qualities:
- The drug is universal: it can be used in the treatment of most infectious diseases.
- It can be used as tablets and injections, which greatly facilitates treatment.
- The medication is inexpensive.
- “Synulox” readily available. It can be found in any specialty store.
- The minimum number of side effects and contraindications.
- The opportunity to treat patients of any age.
- High efficiency.
And most importantly, pet owners speak very well about the “Synulox”.