The swivel is one of the most essential knots for rigging when fishing the feeder and spinning. This element does not give the fishing line to be entangled during the fight with the fish, preventing the gear from hooks and breaks. In order to make a reliable snap-in, extending the term of its operation, it is necessary to know how to attach the swivel, and which nodes to use in a particular case.
Varieties and designs
Wartlike made of high strength stainless steel. Despite the fact that all devices have the same functionality, they come in various sizes, designs and strength.
The smallest elements of fasteners capable of withstanding loads of up to 0.8-1 kg, large designed for weight up to 100 kg. For the manufacture of spinning tackle, as a rule, use vertucci medium size, designed for fish fish from 5 to 20 kg.
The swivel tied to the main fishing line between the leash and the lure (or any other bait). In cases where a jig or sinker or heavy fishing takes place in areas with a strong current, snap-in knit with double or triple swivel.
Where can I use
Going fishing, experienced anglers have in their Arsenal is not one, but three or four pre-prepared gear with mounts of different design and size. For example:
- If the tackle is a float, then the main line with a leash is connected with one swivel (it is better to take double).
- Fishing with live bait without a float requires at least two such fastening. One to connect the main fishing line with a sinker, and the second with the leash.
- When catching a predator on fry bottom fish, it is recommended to use two swivel. To one holding the leash with the bait, the other a float.
- When fishing on the “track” apply snap with triple swivel, allowing easy bait (grasshoppers or dragonflies) to sink a little deeper into the pond.
In any case, this element is very important, and some fishing techniques – almost essential.
Noted that the fishing gear, is made with the use of such connecting elements as a carabiner or swivel, are much longer, if in each case you will learn not only to choose the required design details, but also the right to tie him to a scaffold.
Assemblies and mounting methods
Consider some of the most popular uses of vertluzhnoj, and their bonding (binding sites).
Connection “swivel – fishing line”
Step by step guide to tying the knot:
- The round lug is threaded the fishing line, extending for a short distance, and connecting the two resulting cut, placing them in parallel.
- Of them, by twisting fishing line 6-8 times, make a pigtail.
- Short end of the threaded connection formed at the beginning of the ear loop. Then, holding the knot with your finger, tighten it, gently pulling the line for the formed ends.
To strengthen the connection, again skipping the short period between the fourth or fifth twist. Knot tighten as much as possible.
Considered one of popular and easy fishing knots. It is used in the snap-ins using monolescu, and among the fishermen is called “incomplete Udachny”.
- Combine the two ends of the fishing line between them so that the top formed a small loop, and the length of the free ends was not more than 10 cm.
- Loop through the opening of the swivel, and pull the entire length of the remaining line.
- Cross over the loop under the ear, push it in the hole.
- Do all movements again.
Visually should seem that the mount is formed by two loops. Pulling the ends gently to tighten the knot.
Clinch hardened (grasping)
This node can be used in almost every tackle, and though originally intended for knitting fasteners fishing line to monofilament and fluorocarbon.
- The line doubled so that one of its ends was no less than 12-14 cm.
- The resulting loop to pass into the ear and stretch 5-7 cm
- Holding with a finger hole disposed therein with fishing line, tightly wrap the doubled end, making 5-6 rotational movements.
- After completed speed form at the end of the main line a small loop where you thread the long end.
- Pull it tight and tie a knot.
- The remains of the double cut cut under the base.
The loop the loop
You can just make a surgical loop and affixed with swivel method, loop by loop.
If you want a movable connection, is to use the Rapala knot was.
This look is perfect for attaching the swivel to the line, when is the catching of a large predator. Known cases when on the snap-knitted using “Grinder” vivarelli individuals weighing up to 70 kg.
- The line doubled and skip to the ear.
- Stretching the loop to a distance of 15 cm.
- To connect the loop with the main line so as to form another small loop.
- If you intend fishing for large predator, the node firm, twisting at least 5-6 times, and only then tighten to desired stiffness.
Tied this way the swivel among the fishermen is the most robust and “lifting”.
What to pay attention
When choosing the fastening element it is necessary to ensure that the product was quality made and had sufficient reliability. Before you tie the swivel to the line to inspect the ear. Its surface must be perfectly smooth and not have nicks and rough edges that lead to tearing of the line.
Before you firmly tighten the knot, drop the line and swivel in a container of water. This method of knitting units ensures that the connection is “clutch tightly”. Tie detail to the main fishing line as necessary with special care. The wrong knot can lead to loss of equipment or tangling of the fishing line in the water.
Today in the market you can see many varieties of mounts designed specifically for fishing. Wartlike factory production are produced in a wide range, and have not only different sizes and designs, but color. Manufacturers, observing the standards are numbered in accordance with the international classification.
When choosing guided by the quality of the products and the reliability of the fastener with which it is fastened on the line. Pay attention to this detail snap remained invisible to fish, sparkled and shone in the water.
Going fishing with a spinning rod, be sure to prepare 3-4 snap with swivel. This will allow you to quickly navigate and change the bait if necessary.