Bait for roach plays a big role in fishing. If you don’t use bait, to attract fish to the fishing spot will be difficult, and to keep her there even harder.
But don’t get too carried away, using too rich or contrasting bait can act the other way and just to scare you a fish. In this article I would like to talk about how doing the right bait for catching roach at home quickly and easily.
And many anglers, including myself, do not like to complicate their life and apply purchase bait. In stores and on the market you can find a lot of different variations of odors, mixtures and color of bait, then the producers did a good job and everyone will pick up the bait under the conditions of fishing. And the same can be and flavorings to buy separately, so it’s all lovely.
Many take the purchase of bait as the Foundation and add components “to taste”. It also somewhat simplifies the process, well, if you cook yourself, it is already full. So you will be able to choose all the components based on my experience and preferences of local fish.
When I really become boring and I decide what bait for roach is going to be made by me personally, then take the breadcrumbs and include some more items:
- Corn flour;
- The seeds of the flax;
- Zest of orange or lemon;
- The ground;
- Very rarely cat food;
Everyone knows that roach loves sweet smells, so if a bait for roach will include flavours of caramel, vanilla or strawberry, it will be good for you. You can add anything you find in the kitchen: vanilla sugar, coriander. Better yet, buy activator biting fish xxl, but my friend even seasoning “Mivina” sprinkled, says bite.
Homemade bait for catching roach DIY recipe
Before you prepare the bait you need to determine the ingredients and pick them up the correct amount. If you choose the elements of cereals or beans, they will need to be steamed or boiled, and then grind in a meat grinder. It will not hurt to interrupt in a meat grinder and dry cells.
Homemade bait for roach, as the shop is directly at the place of fishing, using water from the same pond. You will need to achieve the desired consistency by combining the proportions of water and dry mix.
Roach is quite cautious fish, so we want to minimize the presence of odor in the bait. If you are going to use liquid flavorings or other additives, they are used in the final stages of preparation of bait.
Bait for catching roach includes different ingredients that depend on the time of year. After all fish are different. Below we list some of the most popular recipes of bait for a roach, depending on the time of year.
Bait for roach in the spring with your hands
- 2 cups breadcrumbs;
- 2 cups roasted buckwheat;
- 0.5 portions of milk powder;
- 0.5 portions chopped worms or bloodworms;
- 5 grams of liquid flavoring anise;
- Clay or sand (proportions are chosen depending on flow rate)
The best bait for roach in the summer
- 2 cups breadcrumbs or crushed crackers;
- 2 servings cooked faces;
- 1 serving of Hercules;
- about 20 grams of roasted hemp seeds;
- 0.5 portions of filamentous algae;
- 1 serving of sunflower meal (cake);
- 0,3 portions feed maggots (very small);
- Clay or sand (proportions selected on the basis of fishing conditions).
Recipe of bait for catching roach in the autumn
- And 1.5 servings of bread crumbs;
- A 1.5 portion of the biscuit;
- 1 portion of rye bran;
- 0,3 the portions are small maggots;
- 0,2 portion of the crank;
- 3 grams of cumin (for the smell);
- Clay or river sand.
Winter bait for roach
- 2 cups breadcrumbs;
- 0.5 portions of sunflower meal (cake);
- 1 Cup chopped worm or moth;
- 3 tablespoons of milk powder or cocoa;
- 2 pinches of flavor (cumin or coriander).