Most of the fishermen to equip their rods faced with the necessity of shipping bait. And gonochniy, and anglers have to weight your equipment or artificial fish, so they quickly reached the bottom or far flew. Sometimes in fishing, you can leave the entire Arsenal of fishing weights in catchability, but the snag area of the reservoir. One of the lovers does not allow the financial capabilities to constantly replenish the stocks of lead and other anglers difficult to get to specialty shops. In such cases, the revenue will come form for casting sinkers. Due to the low temperature melting of lead and its availability required the load to be cast directly on the waterfront. What are the forms for sinkers?
Molds of different materials
Anglers with equal success make sinkers out of lead with their hands, using factory or self-made forms. Basically most of the designs differs in the material of manufacture. The most frequently used plaster, wood, aluminium or steel.
- Disposable forms can be done even from a dense paper. Many novice anglers know how to make a lead sinker for bottom fishing, using a tablespoon. Enough to pour molten lead into a concave part of the spoon to get a neat piece. Will remain to make a hole, you can install a ground rod.
- The simplest form for casting sinkers can be made from a piece of wooden slats with a thickness of 5-10 mm. With a hacksaw and knife to make two halves of the future form in the form of an oval or rhombus. Now need to put both halves on a flat wooden or metal surface and fix them with the help of strubtsinku or simplest base. In the case of moving of the goods must be placed inside the steel wire thickness 0,8-1,0 mm. it is Possible to pour the lead.
- Often anglers are faced with the problem of how to make a mold for lead weights made of samples available. For example, a popular type of jig heads called “Cheburashka” should be in every angler. And to make big-eared sinker on the store sample is easy, if you make a plaster mold. To fill creamy solution, you can use 2 regular matchbox. First, paste-like mass is filled with one box, after which the gypsum is immersed up to half of the “Cheburashka”.
- Once the material dries, the same operation should be done with the second part of the form. When it dries the plaster, will combine two halves to make a hole for pouring and a side vent for air. In opposite corners matchboxes are made through holes for the wire pins or nails. After such fixation of the halves did not shift, while maintaining a smooth spherical shape.
- The most durable forms for sinkers out of aluminum or steel. But production on its own will not work. You will need the help of an experienced millers and mechanics. Consider the technology of manufacturing steel molds for the beloved “Cheburashka”.
- First you will need 2 metal bar with a thickness of 20-25 mm. Width and length depend on the magnitude of the future load and the number of cast products. Mating surfaces must be flat and smooth to do.
- Hemisphere can be done by means of special spherical rotary burrs. After that, it is important to combine both halves, which you can use ball bearings.
- Next on the drill press made the holes for the pins, “sputnick” and the filler neck. Inside one of the halves necessary to make recesses for the wire lugs.
The process of casting sinkers
When, finally, there was a form for casting sinkers, there are issues related to the pouring of the lead. The ease of manufacture of the goods to some extent depends on the quality of the form. But if you know some of the nuances of working with lead, you will succeed and improvised, and with the Chinese form, and also with the product from the company Cenmag.
Before you begin to heat the lead, you must perform some preparatory steps. In the case of the wire elements it is necessary to cut the required cut it, bend it, and gently put in the form. The inner surface forms, which fall the molten lead you need to lubricate. Then it will be easier to remove the cooled sinker.
It remains to assemble the design and fasten it with special clamps, bolts or pins.
- Melting lead can be in any tin. Using pliers it is possible to make the tapered part (the beak) to produce a thin melt jet. That was easy to put on the fire and take him a bucket, it is better to make the bend of the rim at the top of the jars.
- Many anglers use the battery lead. Melt it at home is dangerous and harmful. Therefore, you must do the first heat on the street, the tide of pure fraction, e.g. in a spoon. But with pure lead, you can work in the kitchen, enabling pre-extraction. Also, you can use the goods taken from fishing nets.
- If the angler has a few forms, and I want to do a lot of weights with different masses, it can be a little pohimichit with the addition of lead to tin. These two metals are melted and well mixed together. And the resulting weights will be lighter than pure lead.
- When in the ladle, the metal melt, it is necessary to wait a little longer to increased melt temperature. Then, the metal will not harden in the casting process.
- Pour hot lead important evenly, without stopping. Otherwise, the inside can form an air layer and the bumps.
- Lead is a soft material. Therefore, the burrs and the burrs can be cut with a utility knife. The excess metal that inevitably are formed in water holes, are removed by the cutters. Give the surface a smooth appearance allows small file.
Many anglers note that the new weights are working worse than faded same model. Therefore, hand-made products are first treated in vinegar (24 hours). Then lower the weights for a day in a saturated solution of potassium permanganate.
Today, anglers can purchase the finished form in specialized stores or make them with your hands. Correctly using these devices, you can get the rich Arsenal of fishing sinkers and heads.