In terms of food, carp is considered omnivorous fish. Its diet includes both vegetable food, for example, reeds, and animal food – shells, larvae, worms, frog caviar. He can also eat small fish.
Carp is a domesticated species of carp. It has a cylindrical body, a long dorsal and powerful tail fins, the scales are yellow or golden in color. The head of a carp is large and long, a mouth with fleshy developed lips; there are two small tendrils near the upper lip. With a good forage base, carp is growing rapidly, gaining weight up to 1 kg in the first year of life. On average, lives about 30 years, while it reaches about 1 meter in length and weighs more than 25 kg.
Since carp is a heat-loving fish, it can only be found in the middle and southern latitudes of our country. Small individuals, as a rule, keep in flocks – from a dozen to a hundred heads. Adult carp are solitary, although they also form large shoals before wintering.
In winter, carp leads a low-active lifestyle, lying on the bottom of deep pits. With the onset of spring, he wakes up, but does not move far from wintering grounds.
Tackle for carp fishing
The choice of tackle for carp fishing depends on the specific water body and personal preference of the angler. Most often used different types of float and bottom fishing rods.
Before float fishing rod was the most popular carp tackle. Fishermen of past years did not have to choose – a durable nut rod with a thick fishing line and a large crochet acted as a rod, and a crumb served as a nozzle. To date, the choice of float gear is so huge that some fishermen fall into a stupor, not knowing what to choose.
There are several main types of float fishing rods:
- Fly fishing rods are used when fishing with a deaf snap near the coast and when fishing from a boat.
- When fishing in the middle and long distances, Bologna and match rods are used.
- Well, if you need to accurately feed the bait into the fishing zone accurately and without too much noise, then it is better to use long plug rods.
When fishing at long distances, match gear has an advantage over the Bologna fishing rod and plug. It happens that the carp is far from the coast, and it is impossible to catch it with other tackles. And if the bottom of the reservoir is silted, then the Donkey will not help.
For match fishing carp is better to use:
- Rod from 3.5 to 4.5 meters with medium or slow build.
- Spinning reel with rear friction and match spool. Such a spool has a small side, and it is convenient to throw light snap-ins.
- Fishing lines with a diameter of 0.16 to 0.20 mm. A thicker fishing line will not allow far to throw a snap and will strongly sail in the wind. It is better to use monofilament fishing line, because it stretches and more effectively extinguishes fish jerks than braid.
In match fishing it uses montage with a sliding float. Such equipment allows to fish any depths. Bait can be used both purchased and homemade. It should contain a lot of large faction – corn, mixed fodder, peas, various boilies. A flock of carp is very gluttonous and will not stay long on the spot if it is fed only with “dust”. Anise and hemp oil, vanillin are well suited as flavors. Since the fish is far from the shore, they feed it with a special fishing slingshot.
Trophy carp is best caught bottom tackle. There are many types of Donkey: the usual feeder, Donkey with spring equipment, top brackets, sports carp gear. All these ways have their fans.
For the need to pick the appropriate gear:
- The optimal length of the feeder rod is from 3.5 to 4 meters with weight tests up to 120 grams. and the middle system. It is difficult to control less short rods when driving out, because after hooking the carp often tries to go into the grass or snags.
- It is better to use a coil of at least 3000 size, and the most optimal is 4000 or 5000 size, with a rear friction clutch. Well, if the reel is equipped with the bayntrunner function, then the carp will not be able to drag the rod into the water when biting. The spool spool should contain a large supply of fishing line – at least 200 meters of the desired diameter.
- The line is better to use a monophile diameter of 0.25-0.28 mm.
- Hooks should be made of thick wire, since thin ones often unbend when dredging large specimens.
- A shock leader is also needed to help keep the rig intact.
In feeder fishing, net feeding troughs are usually used, but spring troughs can also be used, as well as trough type troughs. If fishing is carried out with a net feeder, then the bait should be loose and quickly washed out of it. This type of fishing is characterized by frequent re-take of gear with the purpose of covering the bait table.
Carp fishing for boilies
Boilies are considered one of the most catchy baits for catching trophy carp. These are round balls that are made from a mixture of different types of flour, eggs, starch and the addition of flavors. In stores you can find a very large selection of these attachments, but often they are made at home.
In addition to the fact that boilies are floating and sinking, of different sizes, they also differ in color and smell:
- The most catchy are boilies of yellow, red, white and purple flowers. The choice of color depends on the degree of transparency of the water and the condition of the bottom of the reservoir. In muddy water, bright colors work best, and on a bright bottom – dark ones.
- But more important is the smell of boilies, not their color. The most catchy smells in the summer: vanilla, strawberry, various fruit flavors, caramel, garlic, hemp. In the fall and spring, boilies with animal smells, for example, a worm smell, work well.
Boilies are used both as a bait and as bait. To cut off small fish bites, the size of the nozzle should be greater than 1 cm. When fishing for these lures, most often use mounting with hair accessories.
This is a very old way of fishing, our grandfathers still remember it. And although he is considered unsportsmanlike, but very effective. Rackgun is a flat sinker with short leashes and hooks attached to it – usually in an amount of 2 to 6 pieces. The cube of a makukha fastens on this design. Makuha is the pressed cake from sunflower, hemp or other seeds. Gradually soaking in water, it attracts fish with its aroma. Having found the brawler, the carp sucks it along with the hooks.
The correct choice of makuhi – the key to success with such fishing. It is usually sold in the form of large round bars and should be a light shade, slightly oily, without husks and have a strong smell. Before fishing, it must be cut into 4-5 centimeter cubes. When fishing on a stream, a tougher turnout is needed, and when fishing in still water, a softer one is needed. There are no special requirements for gear. If you are very limited in finance, then cheap fiberglass spinning with a weight test of 100-200 grams will fit perfectly. and the usual Neva coil.
A nipple is a spring or cork feeder with several short leashes. It is considered one of the easiest and most effective ways of carp fishing. For this reason, it is very popular among amateur anglers, but professional fishermen do not favor it, considering it as unsportsmanlike.
There are 2 main types of nipples:
- Homemade feeder. It is made of plastic bottle caps, at the bottom of which is attached the load. Most often installation with such a feeding trough is deaf.
- Purchase tackle. These are trough type spring or method. It is more often used sliding tooling. You can buy fully finished montages with leads and hooks.
The essence of this method of fishing is very simple. The bait is tightly packed with bait, into which hooks are inserted. Bait should have the consistency of clay. Usually it is made by hand, it consists of peas, breadcrumbs, bread crumb and other components, it all depends on the specific area of fishing. Actually, bait, as well as in the top end, serves simultaneously as a nozzle. Carp, eating the contents of the feeder, sucks along with her hooks. If the feeder is heavy enough, then the fish often submerges itself. It is better to use braided fishing line as leashes, as it is softer, and the fish do not worry when eating bait.
Sports carp fishing or carp fishing, originated in England. In our country, this type of fishing is also becoming increasingly popular. The philosophy of carp fishing is catching captured carp using modern gear, as well as the catch-and-release principle.
From the usual amateur fishing carp fishing differs a large number of original accessories, as well as the humane attitude to the caught fish. A bag for weighing, a special mat for caught fish, a landing net with a soft net, harmless carp, electronic bite alarms, rod-pod supports, slingshots, catapults – these are just a small list of attributes of a modern carp bird.
Usually carp fishing implies trips for a few days. After arriving at the place of catching, the first thing to do is to organize life – a tent, a folding bed, chairs, and other attributes of a fisherman are put, and only then the gear is prepared.
Then, using a marker rod, a prospective bottom section is searched. Having found such a plot, a lighthouse is thrown in there and the fishing point is fixed. For prikormlivaniya at close range, a slingshot is used, and at long distances – a catapult or a rocket.
After zakorma points throw the first gear. The lighthouse is removed, and all the above actions are repeated for the next gear. Usually, carp fishing uses at least two to four rods.
After the trophy is captured, it is photographed and gently released back into the water.
Tackle with your own hands
There is one very catchy tackle that is easy to make with your own hands. This is a fishing rod with a side nod. In the hot summer weather, when the carp does not want to peck at all, it will help to get away from zero.
For this gear you need:
- The carbon fiber rod 5-6 meters long and dough from 30 to 100 grams. The carbon fiber is lighter than fiberglass and this is a big plus – the hand is less tired because you have to constantly keep the rod on the weight.
- The coil will fit the most common, inertial, small size. It is desirable that she had a friction brake, as when biting large specimens it is necessary to set off the fishing line.
- Monofilament line with a diameter of 0.30-0.35 mm.
- Spring or lavsan nod. It is selected under the weight of the jig.
- Mormyshki used different types, it can be a “pellet” and “drop”. The main requirement for mormyshk is a hook made of thick wire, since when biting large carp weighing more than 10 kg, thin hooks unbend.
The essence of this fishing is very simple. Several promising places are selected in advance, usually these are reeds in the reed or snags. Next, you need to feed these points. That’s all. When approaching the place of catching should be kept quiet, because the carp is very shy.
Nozzle for mormyshki can be very diverse, depending on the specific reservoir, but most often used: corn, peas, worm or maggots. Mormyshka with nozzle falls to the bottom and can only wait for biting. Usually carp lifts the nod, at this time and need to cut.
After catching fish, you should not linger on one point, as when carving the carp creates a lot of noise, thereby scaring off their relatives, and the next bite will have to wait a very long time.
Choosing a place for fishing
Carp is unpretentious and lives in virtually all water bodies – ponds, lakes, rivers. Being in an unfamiliar place, the easiest way to determine the catch points is to look at the surface of the water. Usually carp gives himself splashes, air bubbles or raising turbidity from the bottom.
It is important to remember that he eats in those places where he feels safe. Therefore, on the ponds and lakes of his favorite habitats are reeds, snags, lily beds, as well as places with trees hanging above the water. On the rivers, it is kept near the edges, where there is vegetation, snags and colonies of shells.
Peculiarities of the season
The carp bite directly depends on the season:
- The most “deaf” season is winter. In cold water, carp feeds little and can go without food for several weeks. At this time he tries to choose deep places with warmer water than in other parts of the reservoir.
- In spring, when the water warms up to 15-20 degrees, the carp begins to spawn. Before spawning, as well as some time after it is fed intensively. At this time, he is caught in the sun-warmed areas of shallow water.
- Starting in June, when spawning ends, and until the end of September is the best time for carp fishing. At this time, he leaves the shallow water and moves to deeper places in the pond. In hot sunny weather, carp feeds in the early morning and late evening. And in windy or rainy weather can peck all day.
- In autumn, the intensity of the bite drops as the water temperature decreases. The vegetation dies, deteriorating the oxygen regime, the water becomes transparent. The time of the bite is shifted closer to noon, and in the evening and completely disappears.
Tips from experienced fishermen
- Do not make noise. Carp is very cautious and fearful, so any noise adversely affects the bite.
- Do not skimp on the amount of bait. Carp can not overfeed, and to keep the flock at the point of catching, a large amount of bait is required.
- In the summer, use the vegetable nozzle, and in the spring and autumn – the animal.
- Have plenty of different attachments with you. Carp – fish is unpredictable and it is impossible to say in advance what it will bite today.
- Watch out for the wind. It is noticed that in windy weather the bite of the carp increases.
- Use thick wire hooks. Although on thin hooks the fish catches better, but large carp has tight, fleshy lips, and it is easy to straighten a thin hook.