Many prefer to cook fish in the oven, but for some reason they prefer carp, carp or pikeperch.However, the bream baked in the oven is no less tasty dish, besides it is easily made. It is customary to supplement it with fresh or stewed vegetables, buckwheat porridge and potatoes.
It is also possible to serve as a main dish for the holiday table. Cooking recipes are many: in foil, with mushrooms, porridge, tomatoes or lemon. You can come up with your own using your favorite products.
To get tasty fish, you need to know some details.
Attention should be paid to the following points during the cooking process:
- Marinade . Bream can be marinated in almost all known marinades, for example, lemon juice, sour cream, tomato sauce, vinegar. To achieve a refined taste succeed by adding herbs and spices.
- Lemon juice. To remove the smell of fish and make it more juicy will help citrus juice. It is not necessary to pickle the carcass in it, just sprinkle it with a small amount before sending it to the oven.
- Rosy crust . Everyone knows that to achieve a pleasant golden color when baking is possible by brushing the bream with vegetable or olive oil, sour cream and mayonnaise. However, you can get a “tanned” fish without the use of fatty foods. You should cook the dish in foil, and 10 minutes before the end of baking, slightly open the edge.
- Notches . Small transverse cuts every 1.5–2 cm on a large fish allow for juiciness, and on a small fish, make the bones soft. This will be especially noticeable if you marinate fish for 20-30 minutes before you send it to the oven completely.
These tips apply not only to bream, but also to any freshwater fish. Using them, stuffed baked bream will be fragrant, tasty and healthy. When dieting it is recommended not to resort to a large amount of vegetable oil or mayonnaise, it is better to replace them with olive oil and low-fat sour cream – so the product will have less calories.
Whole fish in the oven with lemon and mustard
In addition to bream weighing about 1 kg will need:
- onions – 2-3 pcs .;
- lemon – 0.5 pcs .;
- liquid mustard – 1 tbsp. l;
- mayonnaise – 4 tbsp. l;
- dill – a few twigs;
- garlic – 2 cloves;
- salt and spices to the fish – to taste.
First you need to prepare the carcass: clean, gut all the insides, remove the gills and fins, it is recommended to leave the head. Be sure to rinse it under water, rinse all mucus, and blot dry with a towel. Next, clean the onion and cut it into half rings. Finely chop the dill, crush the garlic with the wide side of the knife and chop, cut the lemon into slices or halves. Mix mayonnaise with spices, mustard and salt in a plate.
The resulting mixture is rubbed bream from all sides and removed for 15-20 minutes to marinate the fish. At this time, you need to preheat the oven to 200 degrees and prepare a baking sheet: cover it with foil and lay out half of the onions. A carcass is placed on top, in which the remaining onion, greens, garlic and a few slices of lemon are laid. To fasten the incision can be with the help of skacks or toothpicks.
The dish is sent to the oven and baked for 20-30 minutes. Serve baked bream should be with vegetables, herbs and lemon.
Stuffed fish baked in the oven
It is recommended to always stuff a big fish to make it more juicy and tender.
Often use mushrooms, except they need to:
- big bream – from 1 kg;
- masta or champignons – 300 g;
- onions – 1 pc .;
- vegetable oil – 3 tbsp. l;
- salt, ground pepper and spices to the fish – on a pinch.
As usual, bream first must be cleaned, remove the insides, fins, gills and rinse. Then it is rubbed with spices with salt and left for some time to soak. It remains to prepare the stuffing, consisting of mushrooms and onions, but you can add to them any vegetables – carrots, cabbage or paprika. Peel the onions, chop finely and start to fry with vegetable oil. Wash, chop the mushrooms and send them to the onions in the pan. At the last stage, you should rub the butter with oil, stuff it, wrap it tightly in foil and put it in an oven heated to 180 degrees. The dish will be baked for about 30 minutes, during which time you can make a side dish with vegetables.
Bream baked in the oven with porridge
The following ingredients are needed for cooking:
- fish – 800 g;
- boiled buckwheat – 400 g;
- butter – 55 g;
- chicken eggs – 2 pcs .;
- onions – 1-2 pcs .;
- sour cream – 120 g;
- dill – a small bunch;
- breadcrumbs – 50 g;
- salt and seasoning to taste.
First you need to prepare the carcass. Remove the scales, all the insides, gills and fins, if desired, you can cut off the head and tail. The incision from the fins to the spine in this case must be done carefully so that after the stuffing it is possible to connect the edges. Wash the fish, dry it with a napkin and roll a little in salt. While the bream is soaked, chop the onion, fry it in a frying pan and boil 1 hard boiled egg. Then it is crushed, and the second egg is whipped with a whisk.
Mix all prepared ingredients with buckwheat porridge and mix thoroughly until smooth. Start with the mixture of bream and close with toothpicks. Cover the baking sheet with parchment or grease with oil, put the fish smeared with sour cream and breadcrumbs on top. Put the fish in the oven for 30 minutes at a temperature of 200 degrees. During roasting, it is allowed to lubricate the carcass several times with sour cream so that it is more juicy.
The bream baked in the oven with porridge is laid out neatly and served with sour cream or juice, which came out during baking.