You can buy nice racks and trailers for these bikes to pack a deer out with you after the hunt. With any luck, I hope to have pictures of this in the fall!
Here are the specs for the bike:
- 750 Watt Bafang Rear Motor
- Removable 48 Volt Panasonic Li-ion Battery with 110 Volt Charger
- Digital LED 5 Speed Pedal Assist Controller w/Twist Throttle featuring Velo Large Ergonomic Grips
- Tektro Disk brakes and controllers (Press brake and motor stops)
- 6061 Aluminum Alloy Frame with Suspension Front Fork
- 26″ x 4″ Kenda Tires on Dual Wall Aluminum Alloy Rims, with Stainless Steel Spokes
- Suspension Seat Post with Velo Comfort Seat
- Performance: Top Speed 20 MPH
- Travel Range of Approximately 20-25 Miles without pedaling, and 30-35 Miles with Pedal Assisting
For those of you who may be wondering… in Michigan a bike that has functional pedals and has a top powered speed of less than 20mph is considered non-motorized.
There is a USB port on the battery pack which is perfect for supplying power to a cell phone or GPS that is on its last leg.
An ample lighting kit is included which should be enough to get you to your stand in the dark.
The 750 watts of power is supplied to the rear hub by either pedal assist (the bike senses torque applied to the pedals and gives 5 levels of assist), or simply by the throttle integrated into the right hand grip. The throttle will give you full assist on demand at any time. The bike easily gets up to 20mph. It will be a welcome break not having to pedal with all sorts of cold weather hunting gear, a backpack, and a weapon.