The egg is the product of the first necessity, and it is in the fridge almost every. In addition, egg is a source of Belov and vitamins that are necessary for normal functioning of the body. However, few people know how much and how to store this product.
In addition, when you purchase should pay attention not only on the product category, but also on its appearance. It is very importantthat the eggs were not droppings, blood, cracks and other defects. According to the GOST on the eggs allowed the presence of small spots or stripes, which have appeared during transportation. Eggs before use should be washed. In addition, it should be remembered that they should have no foreign smell or taste.
What affects the storage time of eggs?
- Their origin. The eggs that were collected on production, always put the exact date. Roughly the shelf life of the product, which was collected in a poultry plant for about a month. If we are talking about the eggs, they can be stored for 3 months.
- The correct store before purchase. The store complied with all the technical norms regarding the storage of this product, the shelf life can range from 25 to 30 days. Storage after purchase is also important. So, if the product is stored in the refrigerator, raw eggs can remain fit for human consumption for months, and cooked for 10-14 days. If we are talking about storing without refrigeration, the shelf life of raw reduced to 14-20 days, and boiled to 2-3 days.
It is noteworthy, that the integrity of the shell also affects the shelf life of eggs. This is because the structure of the eggshell is porous and it retains all the useful properties. If the shell was broken, then there is a great risk that germs will get inside. So boiled eggs with cracked shells can be stored for no more than 3-4 days.
What is the shelf life of eggs in the fridge?
- The crude product can be stored for 28 days, but not more.
- Hard-boiled stored up to one week.
- Boiled in-boiled keep for 2 days.
- Decorated with the fuser eggs can be stored for 1-2 days.
- Periods of storage of broken and raw eggs – 1-2 days.
- Welded and pre-treated can be stored for 3 days.
In addition, we should not forget about such indicators as humidity. It should be no more than 85%, otherwise the shelf life become less.
How to store this product in the fridge?
First, do not place this product on the doors that open. This is because every time the door opens, we change the temperature, and this may affect the retention period. It is best to store this product in the camera for vegetables and fruits, because there the temperature is the most stable.
Second, it is best to store this product in a fixed position. There is a special stand with a recess under each egg. In addition, such a container should be well closed, so that the eggs are not in contact with other products.
Thirdly, they need to be stored at a temperature 2 to 4 degrees. And if the temperature in the refrigerator compartment 1-2 degrees, the storage period can be extended up to 45 days.
How to understand that a fresh egg?
If you are unsure of the freshness of the purchased product, it is better to conduct a small test.
There are several ways to determine the freshness of the product.
Check with salt
In order to conduct a little experiment will need table salt, a bit of warm water and one egg. After the saline solution is ready, it should be put to the test object.
Analysis of the results:
- Fell to the bottom of the product is not more than a week.
- Up rose the blunt end – a period of more than a week.
- Just floating in the solution – a term more than 2 weeks.
- If the product has surfaced – it is better not to use it.
The same can be carry out just with cold water, without salt solution.
Check with pans
If you break a chicken product in the pan, and the protein is very quickly spread or even mixed with the yolk, this product is stale.
In order to avoid any troubles during cooking, you can simply break the egg into a separate bowl and look at its consistency. Moreover, you should pay attention to the fact that fresh egg yolks will always be convex.
Definition of sound
This method is very simple. We need only shake the ear product. If nothing is heard, then it is fresh.
It is noteworthy, that the speed of cleaning boiled eggs can show their freshness. If they are fresh, then clean up will be very hard.
As a result, it should be noted that it is important to have information about the shelf life of eggs. Otherwise you can poison yourself and your loved ones. Also, do not forget about the rules of storage of chicken in the fridge.