If you are planning to have chickens and have already built them a chicken coop, it’s time to think about creating feeders for chickens with their hands.
Feeder for chickens with their hands to make extremely difficult, since to create it you can use a variety of materials. Let’s consider the most simple methods of preparing the trough for chickens with their hands.
Where to start?
Feeder for chickens with their hands can make up from anything. You can use boards, boxes, pipes and even plastic bottles.
However, regardless of the chosen material, the issue would occur in mixing feed. If you make several feeders, they take up much space.
Despite this, the solution to this problem is still there, which will be discussed later.
Before you start making feeders for chickens with their hands, in advance to determine the size and location, which will be the future design. Regardless of whether the feeder is standing in the chicken house or on the street, it should be free access. Hens or chickens should not interfere with each other during feeding.
In addition, we should not forget that the chickens need not only in dry but also in wet feed. For the first case can be right up hopper feeders for chickens in the form of a cylinder in which the feed is poured automatically. For wet food it is best to use feeders in the form of a trough, over which is installed a turntable from a bar.
Ways of making feeders for chickens with their hands
Of course, the process of making nothing with your hands is different from the process of making bunker feeders. There is also a significant difference in labor costs.
However, modern equipment and materials can significantly simplify the process, making difficulties will not arise.
Consider in more detail how to make feeders for chickens or hens with their hands from improvised materials.
The manger of the cutting Board with your hands
For the manufacture of such unusual feeders for chickens will need the following materials:
- Cutting Board;
- A small plastic Cup;
- Rubber hose;
- Electric drill.
To make the device for feeding of cutting boards, should adhere to the following steps:
- The outer contours of the funnel must be outlined on the Board. Try to do everything as accurately as possible;
- Received inside the drawn circle must neverlet using a drill a lot of holes. It is important not to overdo it, so that the flow of feed was limited;
- Next, you need to take a pre-prepared transparent hose and connect it to the end of the funnel. If the hose sits tightly on the funnel, you can use additional fixing elements, for example, by a clamp;
- Take a plastic Cup and go in the side at the bottom hole with a diameter such that it densely entered the end of the hose and it is kept;
- Take the other end of the hose and stick it in the resulting hole. If the hose is held loosely in the hole, its edges and the outer surface of the hose must be treated with the help of a gasket;
- After that you need to stick the bell of the funnel to the Board. It is necessary to process the outline of the circle with a sealant;
- The circle is superimposed crater and maintains this position for as long as the sealant has completely cured;
- Connect one end of the hose to the bowl, and the other to the funnel, which is glued to the Board. The funnel should be at the bottom of the cutting Board.
Feeder for chickens ready. You can fill the grain. You should pay attention to what the Board should be stable, such as chickens or chickens will she sit down.
Bunker feeder out of a bucket with their hands
Bunker design can be considered automatic, because human intervention in the feeding of chickens or hens here will be minimal.
Hopper feeder can be purchased ready made in the store, but the cost will be rather big. Design can also be made by your hands. The procedure for fabrication of hopper feeders for chickens is very simple.
For manufacturing will need the following materials:
- Plastic bucket;
- Sectional feeding bowl for animals.
Step-by-step instructions for making hopper feeders for Chicks and chickens:
- At the bottom of a plastic bucket to make a small hole across the diameter in an amount of 6-7 pieces (depending on the number of sections in a bowl), which will feed to sleep;
- To the bottom of the plastic bucket to attach sectional bowl with screws;
- Fill a plastic bucket of feed for the chickens or the chickens and close the lid.
The main advantage of such a hopper feeder is that it can be installed almost anywhere. The convenience of this design is that food for the consumption will flow automatically into the bowl under the influence of its weight.
Feeder from a plastic bottle with your hands
Currently often water is kept in plastic containers. Such containers, perhaps, can be found in every home and they can be used to make feeders for chickens with their hands.
Step-by-step instructions for making feeders for Chicks or chickens from a plastic bottle:
- Cut a plastic bottle in half. In the bottom half of the bottle needed to be done vertical holes of such a size that it passed a chicken head;
- Take the second bottle and cut a hole in her bottom, to put down the neck into the prepared slit. Thus, between the neck and the bottom should be several centimeters;
- To fall asleep inside the grain or other feed and close than a bottle top.
The only drawback of this design is that it will have during bad weather to move into the room, and chicken coop, this feeder is perfect for you.
For chickens you can do the same feeder, but smaller. The production technology remains the same.
A simple wooden trough with their hands No. 1
Feeder for chickens can also be done independently and out of the ordinary boards.
You should prepare the following materials on hand:
- Thick plywood, or wood;
- Drill, drill;
- Loop, 2;
- A simple pencil;
Step-by-step instructions for making:
- First, you must create a drawing that is then transferred to the tree. Sizes essential elements: the bottom – 29х17 cm, side height 40 cm with the top edge 20 cm and the bottom edge of 20 cm , the front wall 28х29 cm and 70х29 cm, upper cover – 26х29 cm, back panel – 40х29 cm;
- After all elements are moved on the Board, they need to be carefully cut;
- In some places, to be done using a drill the holes for the screws;
- All surfaces of wood must be processed nazhdachkoy that they were safe for the hens and chickens;
- With screws and a screwdriver to connect all the cut elements together in one design. To achieve maximum density, it is possible to use a clamp. You should pay attention to the fact that back and front wall needs to be attached at an angle of 15 degrees;
- With the help of hinges to attach the lid to the back of the side walls;
- The finished design should be treated with antiseptic. Absolutely can not use varnishes and paints.
Finished bird feeder from a tree it turns out roomy and comfortable. Feed with well-protected from moisture and will be supplied automatically. The only drawback to this design – trudoustraivatj.
A simple wooden trough with their hands No. 2
Also using wooden planks or pieces of thick plywood, you can easily make a trough in the form of a small trough. This design will be convenient for those who have a large number of chickens and shelter from the weather.
Necessary available materials:
- Pieces of boards or thick plywood;
- Screws or nails;
- A simple pencil;
Step-by-step instructions for making:
- First, you must make a drawing on paper, which will be made with future design. It is necessary to define precisely all the elements, their sizes and locations, which will be installed fastening elements. This stage is the most critical, therefore it is necessary to avoid errors and inconsistencies;
- The drawing is transferred to the tree. The dimensions of the elements should be as follows: bottom – 15х100 cm, side walls – 8×100 cm, beam – 2х3х100 cm, end wall width 15 cm and height equal to the height of long side / thickness bottom. The most difficult stage in the fabrication of a trough – sawing of the end walls;
- Based on the composed drawing, you must cut out all the elements. You should pay attention to the fact that the bottom should be quite thick and heavy, the hens are unable to turn the finished trough. The height of the side walls should be convenient for birds;
- All carved items need to connect to each other so as to leave no gaps, since they can sleep food. The finished design does not require additional processing.
The main advantage of a trough is in its durability and strength. In addition, it can be used for both dry and wet food. The only downside is that the design requires minimal maintenance.