What to feed 2 month old kitten? This question was asked almost everyone who have or had a cat. In two months, the kitten stops eating mother’s milk or a special mixture, which replaced the milk. When choosing a diet, be aware that baby was just taken away from his mother and he has a very weak immune system.
In addition, it should be noted that the transition from liquid to solid food should be gradual, as it is a big stress for a small body.
How to choose the right food?
The main thing — not to impose the cat food, if it is not like he won’t eat it. This is a signal that you should change something in the power circuit. The main rule is that food should be useful and love to the kitten. He must eat it with an appetite.
There are three types of diet:
- forage food.
It should be noted that still there are tough discussions about what kind of feeding is the best. To date, no single answer. All the types have its pros and cons. Each owner is free to decide what type of diet to choose. In this case, the determining factor is the financial situation, free time, and taste preferences of the cat.
Especially natural food
Answering the question of what to feed a kitten 2 months according to natural food, it should be said that this is not the food that feed people. Natural diet kitten should be useful for a cat ingredients and does not contain various chemical additives.
What are the benefits of this diet?
- The ability to choose the freshest and the best quality products.
- These foods will not contain dangerous for the immature organism chemical additives.
- Your pet will receive every day fresh and different food.
- Natural food may not cause addiction or any addiction.
- All the products are interchangeable.
Key recommendations for natural food
Be sure that the kitten has received all the necessary vitamins and minerals. His diet should be as balanced as possible.
The whole basis of the diet should lie down protein. They help strengthen the young body. So, a huge amount of protein contained in meat products and fish. In addition, young body needs to get the right amount of calcium, which helps to grow the teeth and strengthens the bones. Calcium the kitten can get from milk.
Kitten at this age can already start to give the meat. It can be beef, chicken or Turkey. The meat should be good to grind or just to add to the broth. Meat in its raw form is prohibited.
If to speak about other products, the pet in 2 months.
- dairy products: yogurt, sour cream, natural and pre-grated cheese;
- vegetables: carrots, cabbage or pumpkin. They can be in the form of cheese and added in porridge;
- saltwater fish without bones;
- sprouted grass, then there is wheat germ or oats.
Features of the feeding power
Ready to feed is a great option for those who have not so much time to prepare. So, you don’t need to be every day to cook porridge, meat and other products. About it’s all taken care of already by the manufacturer. However, you should pay attention to the food should be of high quality. You need to be prepared for the fact that for a quality, professional power will have to pay large sum of amount. Finished feed contain all the necessary elements and vitamins.
Advantages of prepared feeds
- They contain the optimal ratio of vitamins and minerals.
- If you give the kitten to chew on dry food, he will design your jaw.
- Ready to feed save time and effort.
However, you should pay attention to the disadvantages of such feed:
First, low-quality and cheap food can harm your pet.
Second, to wean your cat from dry food would be very difficult.
First and foremost it should be noted, that the food should be buy only in specialized shops or in veterinary pharmacies. In addition, best to choose only premium-grade, or super premium. Among the best are holistic. This is due to the use of this technology, which retains all the juiciness of the meat, as well as all useful elements and vitamins.
If to speak about examples of such feed, it is necessary to pay attention to the following:
- Happy Cat Junior is a dry cat food that belongs to the premium segment. It was specially designed for young kittens with very sensitive stomachs. It is noteworthy, then, that the composition is practically all the useful ingredients.
- 1 st Choice — dry food of super premium class. It is suitable for kittens from 2 months to 12-month cats. The only disadvantage of this feed is that it is very difficult to buy, you need to do online ordering.
What is mixed supply?
Many of the experts who claims to feed the cat is both natural and prepared food is desirable. They explain their point of view, the factthat this food can cause different problems of the digestive tract. The other group of vets convinced that this type of feeding is best suited for a two-month cats. But every owner makes a choice independently.
Than is strictly forbidden to feed the kitten in 2 months?
- Fatty meat such as bacon, pork or goose. Your pet may occur simply indigestion, or liver can’t handle it.
- Whole milk.
- The whites of raw eggs.
- Tomatoes, onions, eggplant.
- Chocolate can cause death, as it is very toxic.
- Freshwater fish.
Water as the main component of proper nutrition
Water should be given special attention. Water is poured only into a clean bowl. In addition, the bowl must always be full, the kittens don’t like water remains at the bottom.
How to understand whether feed your kitten?
To understand whether further feed two month old cat the same food, you should do some research on him. So, you should pay attention to the following indicators:
First, it is the fatness of the pet. If the kitten is skinny or fat is a sure signal that the diet is incorrect. If the quality of the feed you are sure at 100%, then it is necessary to decrease or increase the portion.
Secondly, it is a good appearance. Coat will be shiny only when the cat will get all the necessary vitamins and minerals. If it is faded — this is a sure sign of the presence of the disease, so you should consult a doctor.
Thirdly, it is in good physical shape. A sure sign of proper nutrition will have a good mood and vitality of your pet.
The basic rules of feeding 2-month-old kitten
- You should not give a kitten the whole batch at once. This is due to the fact that he was still not able to control your appetite.
- Food should always be warm and fresh.
- Natural meals is necessary to add special vitamins for cats.
- The cat should always have a bowl full of clean water.
When and how much to feed?
It is very important to ensure that the kitten does not overeat, otherwise, you may experience problems with digestion. Therefore, the pet should be feed often, but little. It is best to divide the daily ration into several meals. If we talk about the amount of daily portions, it should be about 150 g per 1 kg of body weight of the kitten. Moreover, you should pay attention to the fact that the cat food should be varied, it is a guarantee that he will receive all the necessary vitamins.
What mistakes can prevent an inexperienced cat owners?
- Cats do not feed the same food,and people. That is to feed your pet from the table is strictly prohibited.
- Food for kittens not to add salt or pepper. Otherwise you may experience problems with the internal organs, in particular kidneys.
- Wet food once a can is opened it should be stored in the refrigerator. The maximum retention period is 2 days. The food you give the cat should be slightly warmed.
- Vitamins kittens should be given only after consultation with your doctor.
As a result, it should be said that the choice of diet for a kitten is a very serious matter. It depends on the diet how energetic and beautiful will be your pet.