Quite often, owners of cats notice some difficulties when visiting the toilet. The reason for this behavior of the pet may be chronic cystitis. Fluffy among domestic cats the disease is one of the common. Anxiety while visiting the pan — this is the main symptom of cystitis in the cat. In time turning to the vet, it is possible to avoid the various ensuing consequences, for example, inflammation of the urinary system.
The hollow body of the cat is covered with a thin layer of tissue through which blood vascular. The manifestation of cystitis in cats is an inflammation and infection of the bladder, or rather its mucous membrane. At a time when the bladder of the cat varies in the amount it slimy shell increases in size with blood vessels. In this case, the cat experiences discomfort and pain while walking on the tray.
The cats are the most susceptible to infection. By nature cats too short urethra. Thus, the bladder may become available for any infection. Cystitis may manifest itself in different ways and wear both acute and chronic. The residual condition or preceding cystitis can be urolithiasis, which further aggravates the condition of the animal.
Symptom of cystitis in cats
To diagnose cystitis in cats in the initial stages of the disease difficult. First signs symptoms of cystitis are of the same nature as that of many other diseases. The cat may frequently visit the bathroom or experience pain while touching the stomach, not only during illness. Even the constant thirst can be during a heat, the transferred stress. But if along with these symptoms there are other symptoms, it can be argued that your pet is really sick with cystitis. To them is attributed.
- The constant walking to the bathroom. The unregulated process of urination can take place at any time. The cat can go to the toilet past the tray or make a puddle in any other place.
- Dark urine suggests that there was a stagnation in the bladder.
- The appearance of blood veins and excretions in the urine suggests that there is inflammation and infection.
- The symptoms of cystitis in cats may be pus. In the advanced form of the disease, may be collected pus in the urine. The predecessor of this symptom may be an unpleasant smell from the tray.
- Increased body temperature of the animal. Inflammation, which leads to increased temperature suggests that the animal has cystitis. But not always, the temperature in cats too high.
- The presence of seals in the abdomen suggests that the cat has cystitis. A symptom may be pain during stroking in this area.
- Constant licking of the urethra is an obvious symptom of cystitis.
- In acute disease the cat may have been in vain to go to the toilet.
Causes of cystitis in cats
The cause of cystitis in a cat can be anything. First, inflammation may be to have an independent nature. Second, the inflammatory process may be a consequence of other inflammation. Thirdly, infection in the genitourinary system can cause this disease.
It is worth noting that if the cat had cystitis once, then she can come back with a weakened immune system of the animal.
- Hypothermia can cause illness. Cat who loves to walk in the rain or lie on the cold floor is at risk. If the animal has a weakened immune system, the risk increases several times.
- Infectious inflammation of the kidneys leads to acute leakage of cystitis. The entire urogenital system may be vulnerable to infection from the kidneys to the urethra.
- In rare cases, a viral disease can cause symptoms of cystitis. For example, lacrimation, cough or fever is rarely diagnosed on the background of cystitis.
- The sluggish course of the disease may indicate the presence of chronic forms of the disease.
- Wrong cat food often leads to metabolic disorders. Against this background, can develop cystitis. Malnutrition or overeating causes the development of pathogenic microorganisms, which then are the weaknesses of cat.
- The lack of fluid in the body can be another cause of cystitis.
- Injuries to the back and belly, and the stressful situation could be the first step to the development of cystitis.
Summing up the above, we note that with pronounced symptoms should immediately consult the veterinarian. Only he can diagnose cystitis in cats. Dark urine or constant meowing can be a symptom of the presence of a completely different disease. Quite often, cats suffering from cystitis, you do not have any symptoms. Regular inspection of the animal by the veterinary doctor helps to diagnose the presence or absence of cystitis. Only a timely diagnosis will help to prescribe effective treatment which can be done at home.
Forms of cystitis in cats
In veterinary practice there are two forms of cystitis.
The first is an acute form. It represents the sharp deterioration of the urogenital system of the animal. The pet will feel uncomfortable, and the owner of the animal will be able to quickly react and take the cat to the veterinary clinic.
The second is chronic. In the chronic form of cystitis is manifested as rare discomfort while visiting the toilet. The danger of this form is that it takes place in slow mode. The owner of the animal does not worry about it. Thus, the condition of the animal deteriorates and weakens the immune system, thereby shortens the life of cat. Chronic stage of cystitis quite often goes into sharp.
There are also hemorrhagic and idiopathic cystitis.
- Hemorrhagic cystitis is an inflammatory process that affects the mucous membranes of the urethra. Thus is manifested in the form of microtrauma. To determine its presence by particles of blood, which leak into the urine. The causes of this disease include kidney stones and bladder. The acute course the disease is dangerous as it leads to intoxication, obstruction of the ducts and anemia.
- Idiopathic cystitis is a problematic form of the disease. He proceeds without a specific reason. Some animals show symptoms, while others are hidden. Cat during the risk of idiopathic cystitis may cause anxiety for the host or Vice versa, not to give any signs.
Treatment of cystitis in cats at home
One of the most serious diseases include idiopathic cystitis in cats. Treatment it should not be run. Only a qualified veterinarian can examine the animal and assign a particular course of medication. Treatment of cats is based on the means of diuretics and antimicrobials.
In that case, if cystitis occurs in the background of another disease, treatment will be comprehensive.
- In the treatment of cats prescribed furatsilin.
- Rinsing the bladder in the case of the presence of blood or pus — potassium permanganate.
- For the treatment of infectious inflammatory process can assign resultan furadonin.
In the treatment the complex therapy, the animal may appoint antispasmodics, for example, but-shpa. Antispasmodics help reduce painful muscle tone and urinary tract. Thus, the cat will be able to go to the toilet without pain.
In the period of occurrence of the acute form of the disease and during the recovery process is prescribed a special diet. Nutrition is especially important in the case that a precursor of cystitis was a violation of metabolism. During illness the cat is transferred to a strict diet. Drinking plenty of fluids also helps to quickly get back on his feet. In this case, the animal must be kept clean and filtered water.
In that case, if the cat before the disease ate only dry food. He was transferred to dry food premium, which has a complex of minerals and vitamins. In addition, the diet of the cat is administered boiled meat (chicken, beef or veal). Especially important in this period to eat oatmeal or buckwheat porridge. Cat, you can give milk products such as nonfat yogurt and cottage cheese with zero fat content.
Treatment of cystitis in cats folk remedies
To treat the cat at home can not only conservative. Quite often in the background of the main drug used recipes of traditional medicine. The cat can be given a special tincture that will help to quickly put him on his feet. One of them is herbal.
For its preparation you will need.
- two tablespoons of leaves of plantain;
- one spoon Potentilla;
- one teaspoon of horsetail.
All the ingredients must mix together and pour a glass of boiling water. After herbal insist on a water bath for half an hour. Further, the medication is cooled and filtered through a piece of cheesecloth. To the infusion add boiling water and stir. To give the medicine recommended for half an hour before eating a spoonful four times a day.
Antibiotics as an effective treatment for cats with cystitis
Antibiotics are medication that is ready to put his feet on any living organism. Cats quite often treated with them. The first symptoms can be removed for a few days using antibiotics. Quite often the symptoms disappear after a day or two. But medication the owner should continue until the full completion of the course. Indeed, the presence of bacterial infection may be contained in the animal blood and not to give out noticeable signs of cystitis.
Treatment of cystitis in cats antibiotics prescribed in case of diagnosis of the disease, but without the presence of any symptoms. To medications used as a weapon for the destruction of pathogens. In order to prescribe the correct antibiotic cats take tests, and after the doctor makes the appropriate conclusion.
Cat antibiotics administered intramuscularly, because the pill is not always able to swallow and then the treatment cannot be considered effective. Crushing the pill and mixing it with food has no effect on treatment. The dosage the doctor picks up on their own, depending on the disease, dog breeds and weight of the animal. The main course of antibiotics is fourteen days. During reception of antibiotics, the cat can assign pribiotikov that will help in the short term to establish the digestive system.
Tip: pairing is a cat after taking antibiotics, three months after the end of treatment.
Quite often veterinarians prescribe a comprehensive drugs that have an effective effect on the disease. Among them medication stop cystitis, which is aimed at elimination of the main symptoms. Release it in pill form and suspension. The vet prescribed this medicine two times a day. The course of medication will depend on the dynamics to the recovery of the cat. Quite often it is administered as a preventive measure. In this embodiment, it is used once a day for weeks.
Despite the high efficiency, the drug has a number of contraindications. The cat may be given medication after consultation with your doctor. It is not recommended to take the drug for pregnant and lactating cats. And also not to give medicine to the animals, which present renal and cardiac failure. With caution the drug give cats who are prone to allergies or have a special intolerance to the individual components.
Care, maintenance and prevention of cystitis in cats
Medical treatment should a sick kitten, no less important is proper care. During the treatment the cat needs to rest. The owner must provide a warm place to stay pet. Quite often cat owners can apply a heating pad, which heats the Mat to optimum temperature. Drinking plenty of fluids and proper nutrition will also help to alleviate the condition of a sick animal.
To ensure that your cat never got sick with cystitis is to do some preventive procedures — precautions.
First, cats should contest from hypothermia. During the walk do not allow the wet cat and peremerzaniya. If your cat walks on the property, make sure that he had warm clothes.
Second, the diet must be as balanced as possible. You need to avoid the predominance of protein. In food it is recommended to add special products that will help prevent kidney stones.
Third, the owner must comply with vaccination schedule. Significantly reduce the risk of any disease will help inoculation to produce immunity to certain groups of bacteria and viruses.
Fourth, it is recommended to continuously observe the behavior of the cat. In that case, if your cat leads an active lifestyle, he may get injured, which will lead to the development of inflammation or bleeding.
Fifth, the pet should be protected, especially from stressful situations.
Sixth, access to water should be a constant. The water should be clean and filtered.