If you have a cat, you are responsible for her health, and you should be aware of the symptoms and signs of worms in cats, in order to provide animal care.
Prevention and treatment of worms is the most important task of the lover of Pets. How to determine if the parasites of the animal and what are the treatment options?
Background of infection
Cats interact with wildlife that becomes the basis of their helminth infection. Helminth eggs are everywhere − in water, in soil, on grass, on unwashed vegetables.
The nature of predator leaves no chance to ignore raw fish or meat that is unsafe to use without heat treatment. In addition to eating grasshoppers, animals communicate with their neighbors, not necessarily processed and well groomed.
To pick up the eggs of worms are very easy to bring into the house on shoes, together with bag, clothes, money, not washing their hands after street.
Penetration of parasites in the organism occurs in different ways:
- basic − in case of ingestion of larvae, post-Kala ailing animal;
- contact − introduction prasita through the skin (Ancylostoma);
- vector-borne − by the bite of insects;
- the penetration of the intermediate support (when swallowing fleas, eating mice);
- during feeding mother’s milk (with the migration of larvae of blood flow).
The danger of worms
Infection of cats with worms becoming a problem and the owner: starting in the body of the pet, this phenomenon will inevitably affect the human condition. Worms harm the mucous bodies, feeding on living cells. As a result, the body is exhausted, it is weight loss, weakened immune system and attack various diseases. With the release of toxins parasites have an allergic reaction, poisoning, ailments. If idle, the cat may die.
The dangers of worms:
- mechanical traumathat occurs when fixing the worms in the mucosal tissues, the violation of their integrity, bleeding, blockage of bowel lumen;
- intoxication by toxins of worms;
- bacterial, viral infection, which aggravated hidden disease, entering the body of bacteria through minor wounds caused by worms.
Localization of parasites
- Gastrointestinal tract;
- the liver, gallbladder;
- the heart and lungs;
At this form of parasitism worms in cats are located in unusual places, but the body is infected.
Eggs and larvae of worms pass through the whole body, without stopping and without affecting its functions. The worms discovered accidentally during examination.
Timely treatment of worms in cats will provide pet’s health and prolong her life.
The symptoms of worms in cats:
- worms in the feces;
- the instability of the intestine;
- swelling, induration of the abdomen;
- bloody diarrhea;
- weight loss;
- lack of appetite;
- hair loss;
- itch which can drive the cat on the floor.
As the symptoms of diseases are similar, it is preferable to analyze the feces, not to force the body of a cat unnecessarily shred the antidote.
Worms can also be detected through examination of the fur of the animal, to a greater extent at the base of the tail. Worms the cat has the form of white particles, sometimes triangular in shape, in the form of rice grains or long strands.
Deworming is a comprehensive treatment and prevention of all intestinal parasites. If signs of infection is confirmed, the pet needs to get to a clinic where they will prescribe effective therapy depending on the degree of defeat.
Main types of parasites
Worms in cats usually take the form of hearts white, from the tiny to meter sizes.
Types of parasites:
Tapeworms in cats, as in humans, penetrate into the body because of eating undercooked and raw meat, fish, flea and vlasiadou. Diseases are difillobotrioz, alveococcosis, depilation. When infected tape no symptoms, but high risk of death.
Round parasites are very agile and stubborn. The intestines of a kitten or adult animal can be broken under their volume, so you need to monitor any signs in the behavior of the cat, and not only for lack of appetite.
Flat flukes occur in cats less often than others. They develop after consuming shellfish and river fish in the gut. Diseases have the names of opisthorchiasis and paragonimiasis. With this type of worms in cats they suffer from vomiting, intestinal disorders, cough, they have fever and decreases the appetite. Among other symptoms − aggressiveness of the cat, its inability to contact the owner due to the pain.
The treatment is made after diagnosis, with special diet and easily digestible food, rich in minerals.
Symptoms: flatulence, vomiting, diarrhea, pneumonia, bronchitis, allergies, underdevelopment, depletion. To treatment recommended milk diet and bowel cleansing enema animal. If signs of isolated individuals, used piperazin 3 days or Pyrantel, Tetrachloroethylene, Dekaris, Nilverm.
For trichinosis, characterized by chronic, weakness, decreased body temperature, pain in muscles, tissue edema, rapid shallow breathing, diarrhea, vomiting, allergies, weight loss. Intractable disease: appoint benzimidazole substances like Fenbendazole, Levamisole.
Symptoms of ascariasis are: vomiting, diarrhea, fever, anemia, itching in the anus, emaciation, convulsions, peritonitis. Pyrantel is the best medicine for getting rid of roundworms that destroy the body and helminth eggs. Dosage of 5 mg/1 kg of mass of cats, repeating the treatment after two weeks.
Suitable Albendazole and Mebendazole. An auxiliary method is a saline enema, laxatives (a quarter of a spoon of castor oil). In the case of symptoms of severe infection shows protivotoksicheskoe with solutions of ringer, Polideksa, corticosteroids.
For the disease characterized by vomiting and loose, watery stools, stunted growth, nervous breakdown. Treatment is similar to the treatment of opisthorchiasis. Cat does not give food for 12 hours, and then a single dose of the drug.
The symptoms are similar to other diseases, alveococcosis is accompanied by diarrhea, weight loss, vomiting. Assign Droncit 7 mg/kg and Fenasala of 0.1 g/ kg once.
Only when pilnoy infestation symptoms: vomiting, diarrhea, exhaustion, nervous breakdown. It is necessary comprehensive treatment. In addition to de-worming of funds − Nitroscanate (50 mg/kg). For treatment of fur from fleas − Acrosol, Stomatin, Carbofox.
The disease is accompanied by weakness, loss of appetite, disorder of stool, yellowing of sclera, weight loss. Treatment Gaxiola (0.1 g/kg), Exploration (0,2/kg), Tranzitom (5 mg/kg). If there is evidence of strong infestations drugs are administered twice, 2 days.
- The Dodo;
- Transil K.
Drugs with an uncertain Statute of limitations in your local pet store is unlikely to save the cat from all problems, but purchasing medications from questionable distributors, not knowing to condemn an animal to suffer without putting up assistance.
Medications for cats and kittens differ in the form and manner of application. Cats should be administered after an accurate diagnosis disposable solutions and tablets. Kitten with nesformirovannost body suit gentle drugs: Prazitsid, Pyrantel, Milbemax, Polyverkan, suspension Diropen.
Treatment of cats for worms: rules
- Treatment valid for healthy animals.
- Treatment is given in combination with injections of Gamavit.
- After receiving the funds to give your pet activated charcoal or Enterosgel, based on the weight and age of the animal.
- After administration of the drug to give a cat mineral oil, laxative syrup, to get the body freed from all the products of intoxication.
- Two weeks later, the treatment must be repeated. If the prevention, it is enough one time.
- Take care about the purity of fleas by using Advantage, Hartz,Stronghold, sprays, frontline, Hartz, shampoos Rolf Club, Mr.Kis.
Contraindications of treatment
It is impossible to expel worms in cats during pregnancy and nursing. An exception may be an extreme degree of severity of the disease. Kittens infected in utero may be treated after 20 days of birth. To conduct deworming need vaccines. Drugs for the treatment of parasites in humans. Traditional methods of treatment of dangerous intensity, and a mass exit of worms can cause a blockage of the organs, is sharply increasing symptoms and deteriorating health of the animal.
The main complication in the treatment of worms in cats − intoxication. This happens in the case of improper medicines, and if there is delayed emptying of the cat, and the parasites begin to decompose in the intestines, poisoning significantly stronger than the drug.
Method of taking medicine
If the cat is necessary to cure worms when the pet hisses and escapes, spits out the medication, to not do this many times, there are a few simple ways:
- grind the tablet and mix with a favorite food of the animal;
- dissolve tablets in water and collected in a syringe without a needle, gradually enter into the mouth of the animal, holding the muzzle up, not to shed;
- to take the cat on his lap, put the drug deep into the mouth, lift the jaw, controlling rejection, and then to scratch his throat area, whereby the animal will have to swallow;
- wrap the cat in a towel to lock back up, he choked, slowly pour the dissolved drug in the mouth.
Chamomile and fennel − an excellent vermifuge, and if the pet is drinking their solutions instead of water − this is acceptable treatment.
Chop the onion in large pieces, boil hot water (200 ml), to insist 2 hours. Take on an empty stomach, not more than a week.
Alcohol tincture of wormwood (10 K/2 p. per day), and about an hour to feed the cat after receiving the funds.
Carrot enema volume according to pet’s weight, 7 days. To consider expert advice.
- Clean from fleas.
- To exclude raw meat and fish from the diet.
- Continuous disinfection of the litter.
- Use closed cabinets for clothes and shoes.
- Hand hygiene after street and contact with animals.
- Ban pet to interact with stray animals.
- Quarterly deworming.
It should be understood that the cat to protect it from intrusion is impossible, and the symptoms are not always reliable. This set of rules will help the pet stay healthy and not infect hosts.