The Turkish Angora is quite an interesting breed, these animals have an incredible devotion and friendliness. In this breed it is impossible not to fall in love, they are smart and beautiful, and their peculiarity is the fact that very often such a cat is found different eye color.
The Turkish Angora does not require special care that allows them to make this cat even with no experience to care for the animals.
This article tells in detail about the origin of the breed, the character of the animal and about the basic rules for the care of the Turkish Angora.
The origin of the breed
Appeared Angora breed in the XVI century on the territory of modern Turkey. The breed’s name was in honor of the nation’s capital – Ankara. Many believe that ancestors Angora cats are Persian cats. After some time, the Turkish Angora fell in Europe, where many Royal palaces willingly brought these Pets. Due to the popularity of cats among the high officials, ordinary peasants were not allowed to keep white Angora cat in their homes.
In addition to the distant Europe, at the court of Russian Emperor also loved these wonderful creatures. In 1860 the breed was first described by the zoologist from Germany Alfred Brehm, where he noted that representatives of this breed are some of the most beautiful cats on the planet.
Description and characteristics of the breed
Traditional and accepted standards color Angora cats – white. The body of a cat proportionate with long legs and a bushy tail, resembling the shape of a feather of an ostrich, having a narrowing towards the end. Head cats have wedge-shaped, small size, neck of medium length. Ears rather short, with the presence of a small amount of hair in the sink and pointed at the ends. Eyes expressive, almond shaped, green, yellow or blue color. In addition to the classic white color, meet Angora cat with black fur and skin, and in nature there are cats of this breed with a bluish tint hair. Belly Angora cats hair is wavy, and on the hips wool formed small clusters, which can remind the pants.
Often in nature there are Angora cats with white fur and different colour eyes. The weight of the Angora is from two and a half to five kilograms, with the males always weigh more than females. In General, the representatives of this breed are medium size, and the structure of the body depends solely on the sex of the pet. The body of the Angora cat long, proportional and flexible, the bones thin, the back is fairly muscular. The back legs of Angora cats is longer than the front.
The nature of Angora breed
As with any pet, an Angora cat has its advantages and of course disadvantages.
Advantages of Angora:
- affectionate and very calm nature;
- intelligence and mental abilities;
- the ability to provide moral support and empathise with its owner and family members;
- good attitude to children.
Shortcomings of the Angora and features:
- independence (which is found in many members of the cat family);
- excessive sensitivity;
- possible risk of deafness (possibility of this fact can be set in the age of the cat at the reception at the vet).
In General, the Turkish Angora can be attributed to the phlegmatic cats, it is somewhat slow and calm. It is important that the cat has excessive affection for his master. Angora feels mental state of a person and always seek to comfort him. To other animals is easy and can get along with them in the same area.
These cats are very playful, even being in a large age representatives of this breed do not miss the opportunity to play with toys, especially in the company of his master. Angora is quite curious, like guests, are always happy when they come, easily go on contact. As a rule, the cat originally is slowly coming to a new person and begins to sniff it, and if the person shows a response tender response, after a while the cat could easily be a guest on my knees. Due to the living temperament of Angora, to have such an animal in the house even if there are small children.
The Turkish Angora is a very sensitive animal and so they always require attention, respect and independence. Alone cat can spend a few days, she will surely wait for the host, and then a will respond positively to his return. But if you stay long with the cat next and not pay attention to her, then she will start to remind people of her presence by purring and meowing. Angora prefers to observe flying birds, high to sit, and sometimes even to resist an ambush. Thanks to sharp mind, representatives of this breed can learn to open doors between the rooms and Cabinet doors.
Females are very good mothers to their kittens, they are very quietly acting after the birth of the offspring, tenderly and patiently caring for kittens.
The big dogs definitely need the following rules for the care of her:
- Bathing. Cats are quite willing to agree to bathing, but remember that bathing can only special tools designed only for animals. To use means of bathing for the people when bathing the animal is strictly prohibited. Bathing cats need to spend one to two times per month.
- The combing. In order, their hair was always well-groomed, they need to brush special brush with antistatic coating, which can be purchased at a specialty pet store. In General, cats are pretty tolerant to tolerate such a procedure. Start combing must be from head and end with tail, paws and belly. As a rule, one brushing per week is sufficient, but during shedding this procedure must be repeated at least two times a week.
- The eye care. When observed by the eyes of the animal accumulations of any secretions, carefully remove them with a cotton pad or a soft, lint-free cloth. Cloth or cotton pad can be moistened in decoction of chamomile.
- Care for the ears. Occasionally you must use cotton swabs to remove the coating from the inner surface of the ear, but in any case not the inside. It is important not to cause pain to the animal a solid end of the wand.
- Care of your teeth. Should be two or three times a week to clean the animal’s teeth with a special toothpaste designed for animals. This procedure will wash to prevent the appearance of Tartar in the oral cavity of the animal.
- Care claws. It is important that the cat had a toy that she can play and at this point, sew the claws. It can be a ball, scratching post or any other toy.
Health koshey Angarak
As mentioned earlier, this breed can meet cases of pathologies of hearing, but thanks to the latest selection of this factor was greatly reduced.
In addition, there are rare cases of Angora cats with the following diseases:
- hypertrophic cardiomyopathy;
- the appearance of fleas.