Browning Bar .30-06 Light Long Trac Executive — semi-automatic carbine with exclusive design
Hunting self-loading carbine Executive arms company Browning – a gorgeous sonobouy (caliber 30-06 SPFLD), receiver with engraving, depicting animals and hunting scenes, and bed made of dark wood noble Turkish walnut.
Description of the carbine Browning Bar .30-06 Light Long Trac Executive
Self-loading carbine, working on the principle of the gas piston. Produced Browning arms company – directly in the historic homeland, in Belgium and in the United States. Now discontinued, but is still found in the list of suggestions gun stores (it is not excluded that already in the Chinese version).
That it is possible to read from it a model index:
- BAR – Browning Automatic Rifles, automatic rifles Browning.
- 30-06 SPFLD cartridge 7.62 with a shell length of 63 mm.
- Light – light (Nickel plated) receiver.
- Trac Long – long-stroke chamber (chambered in long sleeve).
- Executive – artistic performance (usually in the model the index is added to Ltd Edition).
Advantages and disadvantages
- If it is really Browning, the weapon no doubt, has excellent shooting performance. It is reliable (probably not killed), well-balanced and very beautiful, but to the receiver, engraved, and even can be considered a work of art.
- The breech of the rifle has four lugs, in the locking the barrel he turns, therefore, on small quality – the accuracy of the battle, range – similar to a hunting weapon with bolt stoppers and superior models, which have he free or percussively.
- The trigger mechanism unregulated, without warning and shneller. The plant is equipped with a pressing force equal to 1.8 kg, and in the operating instructions pointed out that to change this setting is not recommended. The trigger is gold plated, the bracket is made of polymer.
- The safety button is located on the posterior branches of the trigger guard, it is comfortable, but this position of this element USM you have to adapt.
- The manufacturer offers a model for shooters with basic left hand of the receiver and plug them incompatible with carbines, designed for right-handers.
- In this elegant version, the carbine is only available chambered in 30-06 SPFLD. This caliber is not universal, it is more suitable for African hunting elephants and rhinos. They can shoot at distances of more than three hundred meters, which requires the hunter rather skill than the ability to outwit the beast.
- Elegant bed dark wood walnut is very convenient, it is possible to adjust to the shooter’s hand using a set of replacement stulnikov butt, and spacers between it and the receiver, allowing to change the tilt angle.
- There is a set of external sighting devices, consisting of pillar and flies, the use of which is appropriate for driven hunts and shooting at moving targets, when a large angle of view (frame optics it reduces). The rear sight unregulated, with applied white stripe along the line of sight and the front sight features a red fiber-optic thread.
Due to the complexity of the design the carbine is better not to assort independently, consumers masters-gunsmiths. Clean it very difficult. For example, the barrel cleaning is performed with the breech, pulling the brush on the cord through the channel. A mechanism many hunters do not clean, limited to the technical lubrication liquid of type WD.
30-06 Browning Bar Light Long Trac Executive (photo)
Used for hunting hoofed animals and large predators, if the expected range of more than three hundred meters.
Carabiners BAR Long Trac (to model index has added Oil Finish because they are on a shutter delay after shooting the last bullet) are produced not in such elegant design, and chambered in a versatile caliber .270 Win used for hunting small ungulates in the distance of firing up to 400 meters.
|Caliber||30-06 SPFLD (cartridge 7,62х63)|
|Barrel length (mm)||559|
|The pitch of thread (inches)||10|
|The stock material||Turkish walnut|
|The trigger mechanism||Unregulated|
|Seats for straps and optics||There|
|Total length (mm)||1067|
|Weight without magazine and optical (kg)||3,14|
- Self-loading carbine of acting gas piston. The return mechanism is unusual – under the barrel.
- The breech with two pairs of lugs, in the locking the barrel it is rotated, providing a seal, like rifles, bolt-on, shutter.
- Move the trigger the trigger is not adjustable, installed by the manufacturer the force is 1.8 kg. The box of the fuse – button – located on the posterior branches of the trigger guard to bring weapons in combat position it is necessary to press from right to left. The trigger is gold plated.
- There are a couple of external sighting devices. The rear sight unregulated, fly open, with a red fiber-optic thread.
- Receiver is made by milling from solid material, on the outside it is covered with Nickel and is decorated with engraving. The lever of removal from the slide stop is on the right, near the wooden forend.
A hopper of the shop is made of aluminium, and a polymer. To access the bunker you need to open the lid by pressing the lever in front of trigger guard. Magazine capacity 4 rounds, design allows you to drive the fifth cartridge in the chamber.
Bed polupoltina, butt with removable handle, rubber recoil pad, its height can be changed using one of the three in the package.
Picking and packing
Supplied with three interchangeable butt plate and six spacers to change the angle of the stock relative to the receiver. Attached the manual and certificate.
The principle of operation
The carbine mechanism operates using the principle of the gas piston.
- To charge the rifle, press the lever on the front branch of the trigger guard. Separate the store from the lid. Install it four rounds in a staggered manner.
- Rack it. The weapon is ready to fire. If necessary, it can be put on the fuse, sliding the box-the button on the trigger guard from left to right.
- After shooting the last bullet and in the presence of the store in the bunker he gets to shutter delay, which is lifted by the lever on the right side of the receiver.
The design of the recoil mechanism consists of many small parts, so self-disassembly of the rifle can be performed only in cases of extreme necessity.
- Unscrew the screws attaching the swivels on the shank and remove it by opening the gas piston mechanism. To remove the forearm, pull the bolt back.
- Remove the butt plate and separate it from the receiver by loosening the screw (groove his head very deep).
- Unscrew the bolt plug on the front end of the chamber gas piston.
- Until the release of the split coupling of the gas chamber, which pull back the block–weighting of the recoil mechanism, and after pristuknite butt pad of the receiver on the desktop, holding the trunk up.
- Remove the retaining pin split couplings, gas piston, and then push her out of the cell gas piston forward.
- Press the lever cap hopper store and open it.
- Remove the guide of the recoil mechanism, located on both sides of the hopper.
- Disassemble the recoil mechanism removing the unit-weighting, the spring and guide.
- Knock two retaining pins of the trigger, then pull it toward the back plate and remove the receiver.
- Remove the knob, remove it from the receiver.
On the carbine you can install straps or brackets under the optics using the hole with metric thread into the receiver. If you want you can remove the rear sight and the front sight are attached with small screws.
The price and the reviews on the carbine Browning Bar .30-06 Light Long Trac Executive is given below.
The Executive model is one of the most expensive. Its price starts from 500 thousand rubles. Prices of the model range Bar Long Trac start from 110 thousand, although on the manufacturer’s website they ask for no more than 1300 $.
Clearance Browning Bar Light Long Trac 30-06 Executive
The carbine has excellent shooting properties, the value of the MOA is less than one. He has a mild recoil, that allows you to shoot Magnum cartridges even physically unprepared people. The mechanism of the carbine is extremely reliable and able to work in the most adverse conditions. Oddly enough, but to keep it running smoothly enough to fill in the receiver technical fluid WD.