Self-loading small-calibre carbine Mossberg (Mossberg) 702 Plinkster for entertainment and target practice
Plinking – recreational archery, crossbow, air or small-bore firearms in banks, bottles and other non-standard targets. However, the carbine Mossberg 702 Plinkster is a very serious device that can be used for hunting small game.
Self-loading small-caliber (.22 LR) a semi-automatic weapon with a free shutter speed. Store removable. Bed polupoltina, plastic or solid wood.
Equipped with a set of external sighting devices – closed fly on a small bracket and adjustable in two planes entirely. On the cover of the receiver made two undercut, forming a semblance of a lath of the type “dovetail”.
Advantages and disadvantages
Good workmanship, the weapon is reliable and fairly maintenance free.
- Easy, compact. Suitable for shooting of any of the provisions of the bed. The butt pad is unregulated, though for weapons with low recoil it is not particularly necessary.
- Convenient removable magazine. However, it is too far in favour of the dimensions of the box and can cling to branches and other obstacles.
- Free shutter is not enough to securely lock the barrel channel so the sniper accuracy from a Mossberg 702 Plinkster to not wait. This is compounded by the fact that the lead bullet caliber .22 LR is exposed to the action of the wind. Therefore, the effective firing range does not exceed 50 metres.
- The fuse box is located on the front branch of the trigger guard. Not all the arrows I consider this design solution a good. Mechanism only blocks the sear of the firing pin. Trigger travel is not regulated. It is hard, failure without warning.
Photo carbine, Mossberg 702 Plinkster
Used for entertainment and shooting training. Can be used for hunting small fur-bearing animals.
- In the basic version of this gun with a plastic stock, black in color, has no external sights.
- Optionally the bed can be camouflage (Camo model), as well as the color of Pink Marble. There is a model with a carbon grid (Carbon Fiber) steel-gray color. Gun lovers of the classics can choose a box of solid walnut with a protruding ridge. Sport models equipped with stock, between the butt and a handle which is arranged a through hole (Thumbhole Tipdown) for the convenience of the grip.
- The barrel and receiver coated with bluing, but can be made of stainless steel with a matte anti-glare coating.
- Optional installs on the barrel dual-chamber arrester.
|Type||Self-loading with a free swing of the stopper|
|Barrel length (mm)||460 (model 450 flame trap)|
|Total length (mm)||940|
|Weight with plastic box (kg)||1,8|
|Weight with wooden box (kg)||2,0|
- Self-loading carbine with a free gate. The barrel is stainless steel made by cold forging. Muzzle chamfer is made in the form of a funnel-shaped recess.
- The receiver is closed from cast aluminium. On the top side two undercut, forming the bar type “swallow tail” with a width of 11 mm. Connection with the barrel by means of two pins.
- Shop single row, removable, with a capacity of 10 rounds. Made of polyamide plastic. Latch is located in front of the trigger guard.
- The trigger mechanism is unregulated. The fuse is located on the front branch of the trigger guard is a button that is moved perpendicular to the axis of the barrel.
- Set the outer sighting devices consist of a rear sight, the position of which can be changed in two planes, and metal flies, a closed casing.
- Bed polupoltina, plastic. Buttstock with straight comb, inclined relative to the axis of the barrel. Recoil pad with no padding.
Picking and packing
The rifle comes Packed in a cardboard box. Supplied with two magazines and a lock to lock the shutter. Attached the manual and a passport.
Sight for Mossberg 702 Plinkster
The principle of operation
- The carbine operates on the principle of free slide, which moves back under the action of the impulse of recoil. During this movement from the chamber is removed the used cartridge case is cocked the firing pin and the recoil spring is compressed.
- On the way back to the gate, urged by the return spring, picks up a cartridge from the store and Doyle it into the chamber. After using up all the ammunition feeder store pushes the slide stop lever, the frame stops in the rearward position.
- Before loading a store is removed from the hopper, which should push the latch in front of trigger guard. Removed it as well as Kalashnikov – movement forward and upward to the muzzle slice.
- The cartridges are stacked in a row, utaplivaja the previous and the next feeding movement from the front of the store to the back. They held the upper flanges of the store.
- Before installing store seat take the bolt back and let her alone to return. After the platoon drummer, you can enable the fuse by sliding the button on the front branch of the trigger guard from left to right. After that, the store is inserted into the hopper. Again, as with a Kalashnikov. To do this, insert the front upper edge to the hopper and turn the store, as if on an axis, snapping it into position at the rear edge.
Before removing the store slide is moved back, the handle is recessed inside. As a result, it is fixed with the shutter delay. After that, you can be sure that with the removed store the weapon is fully discharged. To return the shutter to its initial (front) position, pull back slightly on the handle a little more back and unlock it.
- Pull the bolt back, push the handle down and snap the shutter on delay, remove the magazine.
- Remove the two screws from the bottom, the trigger guard.
- To separate the barrel to the receiver and the trigger Assembly from the stock.
- Knock out the two pins attaching the trigger mechanism to extract it from the receiver.
- Holding a finger on the shutter to remove it from the arm latency and a smooth return to the original position. Remove the plastic buffer stopper from the back plate of the receiver, remembering his situation.
- Removed bolt handle, then to give larva back and bring it mates with the guides of the receiver.
- To remove from the receiver the recoil spring and its guide.
The price and the reviews on the melkashki Mossberg 702 Plinkster is given below.
Carbine costs about 25 thousand rubles. Note that in this money you can purchase HPE 139, VEPR-223 PIONEER, saiga MK 03, saiga-308-1 servomotor 46 and 47, boar 7,26х54.
Mossberg 702 Plinkster .22 LR Semiautomatic Rimfire Rifle
The carbine is reliable and unpretentious in operation. Shooting performance is satisfactory. When equipped with a telescopic sight to shoot at a distance up to hundred meters. The value of the MOA fits into 3 units.