Sabatti Rover 870 — repeating rifle of large caliber with a shutter system Mauser
Shop rifles bolt-on paddle Rover with a model index of 870, which are manufactured by Italian arms company Sabatti, is large-caliber rifles used for hunting large carnivores and ungulates. Their design is very simple – it is based on the Mauser 98 system, which they refer to weapons of mid-range, but the quality of workmanship puts them on a par with more advanced models.
Description of the carbine Sabatti Rover 870
Repeating rifle with bolt lock. Trunk posted (console) steel with additions of molybdenum and chromium, manufactured by cold forging. All metal parts except bolt, blued.
- The bolt with two lugs and flat, as the company Mannlicher, handle. The receiver is milled from a single piece, open.
- Bed polupoltina, walnut, oiled. Butt most often straight, without ridges and pillows occur in the market and the type of Monte Carlo, and Bavarian cheek. The rubber recoil pad, fixed.
Carabine sabatti rover 870 in stock performance comes without straps and weaver mounts for scopes, there are only mounting holes with metric thread on the top side of the receiver. There are a couple of adjustable rear sights – front sight. The rear sight on a high bracket with a slider and a remote line. Metal front sight, fixed open.
Advantages and disadvantages
- Simple and reliable design, in field conditions we can restrict the normal action of save, not to treat the weapon like a porcelain vase.
- Very well crafted, pricedata bed. The bottom face of the forend is flat so it mates with the bipod, it is also convenient to shoot from close range.
- A simple algorithm operating fuse – fire and lock – allows not to be distracted from the process of aiming and shooting.
- That receiver is open is a plus and minus. You can charge the feeding the cartridges from above, and, if desired, be limited to one cartridge. However, the ingress of dirt, water and snow in the receiver is unavoidable.
- The same can be said about the bolt with two lugs. It is simple and reliable but does not guarantee one hundred percent that the powder gases will not break into the chamber and the receiver on the stem even has a hole for drainage.
- Store this rifle in fact, there is a lid with a spring that pulls down when you click on the button located on the front branch of the trigger guard. The clip itself visually looks close for winter shooting with gloves and mittens it can be uncomfortable.
- Trigger mechanism with adjustable stroke. It is soft stress not more than a kilogram, however, alert the failure may be a surprise to the shooter.
- Carbines Rover do not apply to sniper weapons. Scattering ellipse fit in 2 or even 3 MOA, they largely depend on the quality of the used cartridges.
The presence of a familiar pair of external sighting devices is a big plus, the hunt can continue even if damaged optics.
Carabine Sabatti Rover 870. cal. 308 WIN (photos)
Threaded civil weapon, designed for hunting large ungulates and predators. It is possible to use for shooting sports.
Carabine Sabatti Rover 600 have exactly the same design, but designed for smaller calibers: .223 Rem (5,56×45 mm) and 7,62×39 mm.
|Type||Repeating rifle with a bolt breech|
|Gauges||.308 Win., .30-06 Spr., 9,3х62, 7 mm Rem. Mag, .338 Win. Mag.|
|Barrel length (mm)||560-610 (depending on batch)|
|The distance between SP. hook and butt plate (mm)||365|
|Full length (mm)||109-114 (depending on batch)|
- Repeating rifle with a longitudinally sliding (bolt) bolt. Trunks console, of steel with additions of molybdenum and chromium (stainless steel), obtained by cold forging.
- The bolt with two lugs the handle is flat (Mannlicher), the larva is fixed. To lock it in the receiver the lever is provided with a latch located on the left. On the stem of the stopper there is a hole for exit to break out of the chamber gases.
- Receiver is machined from a single piece, open top, front and rear Windows, used for loading and ejection of shells, there are holes with metric thread for mounting straps or brackets for optics.
- Trigger mechanism with adjustable stroke, direct rifle – without shneller and prevention (graduation of efforts). The fuse box is to the right of the receiver, with the handle of a paddle. He dip – provisions Fire and Lock.
- Shop with hinged lid, the button is inside the trigger guard, on its anterior branch.
- Bed polupoltina, hazelnut wood, impregnated with oil. The butt is straight, without ledges and pillows. The butt pad is rubber, it is not regulated.
- There are a couple of external sights – the rear sight on a V-shaped bracket with a slider and a remote line and an open unregulated fly at a high bracket.
Equipment Sabatti Rover 870 discussed below.
Picking and packing
Rifles are shipped in cardboard boxes, supplied with the keys for adjusting the stroke of the trigger and disassembly (separation of boxes and receiver boxes). Attached warranty card and manual.
About the use of the carbine Sabatti Rover 870 caliber 9 3х62 described below.
Sabatti Rover inox SS 870
The principle of operation
To bring weapons in combat position move the fuse box (located to the right of the receiver, with the handle of the paddle) forward until it stops. On the bed opens the red marker. Lift the handle of the paddle, pull the stalk back, make the stacking of cartridges in the store, and if it was done, feed the slide forward and push the handle into the groove of the box. The weapon is ready to fire. You can abandon the instant of the shot and put the trigger Assembly of the rifle on the fuse, sliding the box back.
- If the box guard is moved to the Lock position back to the stop, open the white marker, it blocks not only the trigger and the trigger firing pin and the bolt, lift the handle impossible.
- Cartridges in the store are stacked from the top, through the window in the receiver. The procedure of loading from the side of the trigger guard to the forearm difficult and unproductive. The use of the flip cover of the hopper is more than justified by the need to urgently defuse the weapon: after the hunt or for safety when disassembling and cleaning the weapon.
- To open the hopper lid, press the lever located on the inner side of the front branch of the trigger guard.
- Open the hopper lid store by clicking on the lever under the trigger guard.
- Remove the weapon from the guard, sliding the box forward until a red marker.
- Lift the handle of the gate and take him back, make sure that no cartridge in the chamber and on the line of loading.
- Press the lever to the left of the back plate of the receiver and remove the bolt.
If necessary, remove the two screws behind and in front of the trigger guard with the key supplied and remove the box from the receiver with the trigger mechanism and the barrel. The separation of the trigger and the disassembly is best done in the Armory workshop. The same applies to the extraction of the striker and mainspring from the bolt.
The design of the rifle does not include any improvement measures, except the installation of the brackets or mounts for optical sights. Preference is given to high separate brackets, because at the blocked window of the receiver loading will be difficult.
Following are the price and the reviews on carabine Sabatti Rover 870 .308 Win., .30-06 Spr., 9,3х62, 7 mm Rem. Mag and .338 WinMag.
Carabine Sabatti Rover 870 are from 55 to 65 thousand roubles.
The owners say that the carbines Rover is a real workhorse, very unpretentious and easy to use. The magnitude of the scattering ellipse is in the range of 10 cm, which is meets most of the hunting.
Possible jamming of Russian 7.62 rounds with devjatikratnika bullet due to the differences in the standards of overlook: 7.92 mm domestic and foreign 7,82 mm. Other sizes meet the standards of NATO, so this mishap does not occur.