Self-loading carbine Steyr Mannlicher AUG-A2 Z-factor bullpup
The Austrian arms company Steyr Mannlicher in 1977 produces the AUG (Armee Universal Gewehr), which for a number of technical specifications and designs – modular, form factor bullpup – is unique. It is accepted on arms of special units in more than fifty countries, including Italy, Ireland, Germany, USA. In limited quantities it comes to Russia. Based on the model created Steyr AUG civilian version, designated by the index Z.
Description of the carbine Steyr Mannlicher AUG Z A2
Self-loading carbine, the mechanisms of which are driven by part of the powder gases removed from the barrel when fired (gas engine). Has form factor bullpup the trigger forward, it is in front of the store. A feature of the design is modularity – you press one button it can be disassembled into three main blocks: receiver, bolt carrier and the buttstock with trigger.
Advantages and disadvantages
- Form factor bullpup significantly reduce the dimensions of the rifle. So, what is the civilian version of Z’s a tight fit in the requirements of the legislation of the Russian Federation on civil weapons.
- The debate about the advantages and disadvantages of weapons with a forward trigger among fans of firearms and airguns are continuously maintained. A common denominator is still not found. In particular, it is believed that the displacement of the bolt in the AUG-Z to the butt improves the accuracy of the battle, and the arrow easier to transfer fire from one target to another.
- To a greater extent on a relatively small good quality rifle is affected by the fact that she has rotating cylinder bolt with lugs. Model submachine guns with a free gate – KSO-9 “Krechet” PCA-0 – scatter of bullets is much wider.
- A weapon with a Picatinny rail, pillar and flies had not. The bracket strap is quite high, so those who are accustomed to the classical situation of the Lodge when aiming can be somewhat uncomfortable.
- When creating NOV the aim was to replicate the reliability of the Kalashnikov. Austrian engineers have solved this problem only partly. The rifle is capable of firing with water in barrel and withstand contamination from dust or sand. This gas engine has an adjustable section of the channel. When getting into the mud and the rifle jammed. To resume firing, it is necessary to distort the bolt.
- The rifle has a large number of hidden pockets where dirt accumulates, and most of its parts, accompanied with great accuracy. Therefore, it requires careful maintenance. In field conditions this condition is not always feasible.
- In design AUG a lot of plastic, even USM besides the springs, all made of it. This facilitates weapons, but subjectively it doesn’t look reliable. At least from the point of view of Russian hunters.
- Even the use of plastic and aluminum makes the gun easy, and the weight 3.6 kg. Carabine Browning Bar caliber .243 Win – metal and wood – weighs the same.
Photos of the rifle Steyr AUG-Z / A2, .223 Rem
To a greater extent is a weapon of self-defense. Relatively long barrel allows the use of the AUG-Z for hunting at short distances. Aim could be Fox, rabbit, grouse, wild boar-pig. Adult moose can not take for grouse and black grouse caliber big.
In addition to the base models based on AUG A2, produced self-loading carbine AUG-Z A3 submachine gun blowback AUG-Z A3 chambered in 9×19 (Parabellum).
|Feature||AUG-Z A2||AUG-Z A3||AUG-Z 9×19|
|Type||Self-loading rifle with gas piston|
|Caliber||.223 Rem||.223 Rem||9×19|
|The pitch of thread (inches)||9|
|Barrel length (mm)||508||508||420|
|Total length (mm)||790||830||702|
|Weight without magazine (kg)||3,6||3,8||3,3|
- Self-loading carbine, operating on the principle of gas engine. The barrel is chromed on the outside covered with blueing. On the muzzle brake short fixed-compensator. The return mechanism is located on the right side of the receiver.
- Form factor bullpup. Trigger guard with the hook placed in front of the store. At its anterior branches of the fixed arm that replaces the handguard.
- Bed plastic in its cavity is placed the trigger Assembly connected with the trigger pull.
- The gate frame with two spring-loaded rods. The larva shutter rotates due to the use of Kapinovo groove. She has seven lugs. Possible manual setting for shutter delay, what is the emphasis on the left side of the receiver, which engages the handle of the bolt (it should turn up).
- The mechanical fuse is located at the top of the posterior branches of the trigger guard. To bring in position “Fire” it is necessary to shift to the left to open a red mark.
- USM AUG has no translation check box modes of fire. In combat arms it occurs in the second stage of pressing the trigger. Single fire – click the warning (increase in effort). Auto – pressing the trigger until it stops. The civilian version (index Z), the second stage is deactivated.
- For installation of optical sights on the receiver is set to high bracket with a Picatinny rail.
- Bunker ten shop is located behind the trigger guard, his latch – further to the butt plate. Shop from a transparent plastic material, double row.
Picking and packing
Comes in a cardboard box. In package devices for cleaning, rifle shoulder straps (the strap). Accompanied by a certificate and manual.
Carbine Mannlicher Steyr AUG-Z A3 .223 Rem
The principle of operation
- The rifle uses the reloading part of the propellant gases from the barrel. Before shooting it is necessary to verify the accuracy of the control position of the gas piston. If the weapon is clean, and the quality of the ammunition is not in doubt, his notched ears should be in front of a small label. Otherwise, they need to move to the big.
- Before loading the weapon is placed on the fuse – click on the left side of the receiver on the button located on the rear branch of the trigger guard. To remove the store button is pressed on the back of the bunker. The cartridges fit into the shop in two rows. The store is set in place with a distinctive click.
- Extra guard is the position of the “slide catch”. To do this, the handle of the bolt is moved back and rotated upwards. So she engages the protrusion on the receiver and holds the frame in its rearmost position, in which drummer is not cocked and the cartridge in the breech is not submitted.
- Before shooting the rifle is removed from the slide stop, and the handle shall be sent forward with a light push. During the shooting she disengaged the bolt carrier, and is always in the extreme front position.
- Put the rifle on safe, eject, take the bolt back and the handle to raise and catch the ledge of the receiver.
- On the right side of the Lodge, over by the bunker store, find the black button of the contactor and press it.
- Divide blocks of the butt and barrel with gas piston.
- Extract from the block barrel bolt carrier with the guides, and springs.
- Push down on the recess in the butt plate, simultaneously with this movement, remove the sling swivel.
- Remove the buttplate, remove the trigger mechanism.
When disassembling military weapons to branch the trunk use the button located on the left at the base of the handle. It is recessed, the handle is rotated clockwise and the barrel separates.
For disassembly of gas piston must push on the gas regulator and rotate it so that the groove was perpendicular to the barrel. The regulator is removed in the direction of the muzzle cut, and the piston and spring back.
Reviews and the purchase price of the rifle Steyr Mannlicher AUG Z A2 is given below.
- The gun chambered the pistol is 153 thousand rubles.
- AUG-A2 Z in the maximum configuration – 190 thousand rubles.
Steyr Mannlicher AUG A3 M1 Bullpup Variant
The carabiner easy to use. The bed allows you to shoot offhand. Accuracy is satisfactory, fit in two units of the MOA. With careful use of bounce does not occur.