Leader Alpha 200 is a rare Russian snowmobile in Russia equipped with Chinese spare parts. The technique can be used for a quiet walk in nature. The maximum speed is about 45 km / h. More dial does not work due to a sluggish box and power unit.
The motor has weak thrust. If you go with a passenger and additional cargo, then in speed the device loses up to 35 km / h – no more. When lifting in a loaded state, it turns off. And if you get stuck, then there’s no point in gasping.
Then you need to hope for the support of people. It consumes a little gasoline per hundred kilometers, it meets the conditions of Russia – it starts up excellently at – 20 degrees. The power unit is noisy when the speed limiter is triggered.
Russian snowmobile Lider 200 is made in the city of Izhevsk. It is an almost complete copy of the popular Dingo T150 car, it will differ in some modifications. The device is adapted to the Russian climate, including the northern regions. Automobile plant specialists produced a balanced model, on the basis of which the platform from the tow leader.
Features of a complete set
Changed and updated hood, plastic and chassis. External features: a large caterpillar and two skis, giving the Leader 200 maneuverability in areas with dense forest. In such places, it fits well even into sharp turns and easily changes the trajectory of movement.
The package includes:
- stylish footboard;
- improved luggage compartment compared to the previous model;
- heated handles installed;
- light control button and setting on the handbrake, brakes;
- there is (on the case near the tank) information on what proportion to prepare the mixture for Leader 200, i.e. for 10 liters of 92 gasoline you need 400 grams of oil;
- electric starter and manual starter are provided;
- a steel skate is additionally fixed on a steel spring ski;
- enrichment and suction control lever;
- LED signal;
- at the rear of the snowmobile there is a hitch for hooking goods and transporting them;
- electronic panel with devices;
- 12V socket for connecting external devices.
You can refuel the vehicle with gasoline with an octane rating of 92. Stop the engine while refueling. Refuel only with a fully cooled power unit. We recommend using a funnel with a mesh larger than 150 mm for this procedure, excluding the ingress of fuel to the muffler, unit.
The 200 model caterpillar is longer and wider, the Leader’s cross-country ability has become better. But compared to Dingo, the equipment is not collapsible, which may cause transportation problems.
Five colors of Leader 200 are available to choose from: blue, yellow, orange, green, red.
Technical characteristics and advantages
The advantage of the Leader Alpha 200 model is the motor, which is endowed with good traction performance. This provides confident acceleration to the highest speed. The Leader 200 is equipped with a reverse gear to increase maneuverability, controllability and ensure the safety of cornering.
|Saddle height||650 mm|
|Front suspension||Lever independent|
|Caterpillar drive||CepPR-15.875-23-1, 42 links|
|Mover||On tracks, head sprockets are located in front|
|The maximum number of passengers that Alpha can withstand||1 person|
|Torque||6 thousand about in min|
Before you buy a snowmobile leader alpha model 200, it is recommended to see the technical specifications:
- The highest speed is 80 km / h.
- Snowmobile engine Leader Alpha four stroke air-cooled.
- There is a special aluminum protection for the muffler.
- Volume 200 cu see, cooling is not only forced air, but also oil.
- CVT gearbox, automatic transmission with dry centrifugal clutch.
- Two cylinder engine.
- The track is elongated: length 2828 mm, width 500 mm, lugs enlarged, their height 23 mm.
- Disc brake.
- Reverse gear.
- There is a diffuser heater.
- Suspension roller-sklizovogo type caterpillar carts with 2 shock absorbers, adjustable.
- The material of the rubber-fabric type caterpillar is reinforced.
In Leader Alpha 200, the function of the handle of the steering wheel with heating, designed for 2 positions, has been improved. Systems for emergency shutdown and start of the propulsion system are provided. The inclusion is carried out using a non-automatic starter. And in addition, you can use an electronic starter that runs on battery power (it needs to be installed separately).
The GY6-150 made in China is responsible for the work of the Leader-Alpha 200. In fact, this unit is similar to the engine from Honda.
For reference: the range of engines includes 2 power plants that were used in the 80s on light scooters GY6. Later, Honda did not dare to produce obsolete power units. But later, the Koreans and the Chinese together were able to master the production of new engines in China. Entrepreneurs became interested in promising components from Japan, due to the affordable price and the ability to repair these engines, although they had an old foundation. The manufacturer Honda has completed its equipment with these units. Gradually, the engine switched to imported Dingo 150, and then it became part of the domestic Leader-Alpha 200.
The main governing bodies
There are several of them:
- egnition lock;
- fuel tank and crane;
- controls for the right handle;
- controls for the left handle;
The ignition system lock is located on the right side of the instrument panel on the fuel tank plastic. There are 2 positions of the lock: “Off”, “On”. The first position means that the circuit is unlocked and the key can be removed from the lock, and the second signals a lock – the engine can be turned on and the key cannot be removed.
Fuel tank and crane
Pay attention to the device components and indicators:
- Fuel gauge. The green indicator shows the amount of fuel remaining in the tank. If the pointer is green, it means that the tank is full, and if it is completely red, then empty – you need to refuel.
- Fuel cap. Turn the part gradually to the right side to remove. When refueling, do not add additives to gasoline; the engine may break.
A fuel valve with sump is located under the gas tank. It has fixed positions: “ON” – the standard position during the work of the Leader 200. Fuel enters the carburetor through the fuel valve; “OFF” – faucet in the off position, in which gasoline does not pour into the carburetor equipment.
Controls and Panel
The switch for heating the handlebars of the steering wheel and the trigger: the red LED is an indicator of the start of the heating system of the steering wheel with the gas trigger, which is turned on by the button.
There are several modes of operation:
- “O” – off;
- “LO” – medium mode is on;
- “HI” – the most heated mode for the handles on the steering wheel is on.
The controls for the right handle include the following items:
- A device for quickly stopping the motor in an emergency triggers when pulling checks;
- Gas lever – to accelerate, you need to press the lever, to slow down lower it. Before starting the motor, it is recommended to check the lever;
- Cord with 2 elements – a check and a carbine. To ensure safety when traveling, you need to qualitatively attach the cord strap of the emergency engine shutdown device to the wrist of the right hand. This will stop the motor and the Leader 200 itself in the event of a fall or other emergency.
Left Hand Controls:
- Control window for brake fluid volume.
- Engine shutdown button.
- Parking brake lever.
- Brake handle
- Button to turn on the power unit.
Attention! Before riding, you should check the quality of the throttle lever. If it sticks, it is better to refuse trips until the fault is fixed. Driving with a broken coil is dangerous.
The unit has a digital instrument panel with the controls and operational characteristics displayed on it:
- two buttons: SET and MODE;
- tachometer (measuring distance);
- reverse gear lamp;
- neutral indicator light;
- ambient temperature indicator, in ° C;
- battery discharge control lamp;
- the mileage counter shows the total mileage or per day in different units: kilometers / miles.
The socket for connecting external 12V products is located on the panel behind the gas tank. The total network current is 5 A. The highest total power is 60 watts.
Attention! The socket for connecting external devices is suitable for low-current devices. It can not be used for devices with a power above 60 W and a current of more than 5 A.
Transport has an automatic transmission – variator. The transmission control lever is located on the right side of the device. It switches to forward or reverse, and also includes a neutral gear.
- F. A forward position that turns on when the lever is pressed from the neutral position.
- N. Neutral position.
- R. Reverse position. It turns on when the lever is tilted “toward you”.
Reversing is activated only after the unit stops. It is forbidden to include in the process of movement – this leads to a breakdown of the transmission. Reverse is used only on a flat surface.
Be careful! Reverse develops high speed. When driving, you cannot translate the transmission mode lever to the “N” position – this leads to transmission failure.
The average cost of a 200 model snowmobile can be compared to the previous model. Therefore, we recommend that you find out about the price of Leader-Alpha 150. In the Russian market, it is 141 thousand rubles. A supported model costs around 120 thousand rubles.