Bluefish is one of the few Mediterranean inhabitants, which is subject to industrial and sports fishing.
A voracious predator with a fighting spirit. Fishing for bluefish is dynamic and requires a dozen power and skill. Unforgettable moments when playing!
Knowing the character and habits of this predator, it’s easy to equip your gear, the ability to compute its location by circling gulls ensure a good catch.
Bluefish is the only representative of its genus. Sturdy compressed body covered with small scales. Has several dorsal fins, one spiny. The mouth is large with strong jaws with a single row of sharp teeth-blades.
The back is painted in greenish blue, or gray. Boca light, and the belly is white in color. Pectoral fins at its base marked with a dark spot, which at the edges is covered with a yellow border.
Nature: bold, prudent breadwinner. However, outside of hunting, bluefish is not very smart and become easy prey. At the meeting with the sea hunter behaves nervously, that makes it easy to let him with an arrow from an underwater gun. Can easily become the prey of larger fish in the case when a shoal is surrounded by lohara.
The geographical distribution of the bluefish, wide. Inhabits the waters of the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian oceans.
Large quantities of living in the Black and Mediterranean seas. A frequent guest and sometimes in the waters of the sea of Azov.
Basically, lutari have a length of from 30 to 70 cm, but can reach five feet with a weight of 15 kg (average weight ranges from 1.5 to 2 kg).
A schooling fish, inhabiting the upper strata of the sea surface in the open sea.
At the age of 2 to 4 years, lupari reaches his puberty. The females spawn the eggs in small portions during the summer season (may – August) in the open sea. At such moments, the fish is at depth, to escape the heat. The eggs are of small size, some of which immediately dies, and the rest are gaining strength in the upper parts of the water. After a few days the fry become independent and begin their hunt.
Representative of predatory fish of the Mediterranean illegible in the food and drink of all marine inhabitants of the small size. Little lutari up to 11 cm are predators and feed on small fish and shrimp, small crustaceans, and worms.
Lupari, predators have their own tactics of hunting, as follows. Hunting is done briskly. Noticing the prey, the pack Lupara surrounds the victim and rushes forward and begins to eat, tearing the prey apart, grabbing a new victim. If someone escapes, rushing after her, jumping out of the water column catches up with the fugitive.
Must watch! The video shows a bloody dinner Lupara. This is a real massacre. The shoal of fish driven luvaram to the shore, where he mercilessly crushes the fish, leaving behind only a cloud of blood in water and mangled bodies of fish thrown by the waves on the beach. Very exciting video.
Shore fishing for bluefish is better to do in the warm season, because in this period you may notice the bluefish from the beach.
The presence of a predator can be determined by the number of floating small fish and flying gulls, right here, the bluefish will hunt or hunting passed, and broken carcasses of fish floating on the surface.
Active biting fish, the time from dawn to 10 am, then after 18 hours and before sunset. Sometimes the bluefish bite during the daylight hours.
Winter bluefish (gumbar) migrates to warm water, but as heat in Israel, a chance for his capture is stored all winter. If the spring was heavy rain, it’s time to go luvaram, clouded after a heavy rain water increases the chance of success of its bloody attacks. During the summer heat, the fish look for areas with cool water in the open sea, successful fishing is possible in the morning. Autumn is the most active period for the bluefish bite, especially during a calm.
Good bite from shore after a storm when muddy water when the fish swims to the shoreline for prey. Also luck will accompany with a stable, cool, dry weather and mild wind.
Catch this predator are like sea transport and shore-based.
The easiest option spinning a length of 2 to 3 meters, equipped with:
- instantaneous coil;
- fishing line;
- leashes of 2pcs;
- a sinker weighing from 35 to 50 g, is fixed above leads at a distance of 50 – 60 cm;
- hook No. 5.
Tip: you need to use the metal leash (remember the bluefish have very sharp teeth).
The two-handed spinning:
- inertia reel
- the main fishing line with a cross section of 0.4 – 0.5 mm;
- tee No. 10-12;
- a spinner with a thickness of 0.5 mm, a width of 12-15 mm, a length of 10-12 cm.
Tackle – tyrant.
- hard spinning;
- a reel with a large capacity fishing line
- fishing line 50 — 80 m (diameter 0, 4, or 0.6 mm).
- column (bet).
- fishing line, length 2 m (0,25 – 0, 35 mm in diameter);
- from 5 to 10 leads (length up to 10 cm)with hooks at a distance apart from 5 to 25 cm;
- hooks depending on the size of the prey (minor, No. 5/6, large – 7 to 10) can be fastened to the twins or tees;
- the hook (from back side) attach a thread or stylus appropriate with hook color can be fastened to the foil, polyethylene;
- at the ends of the column (the distance is not more than 10 cm) to do loops;
- to the bottom of the loop is attached to a sinker weighing up to 80 g;
- to the top of the fishing line attached via swivel or carbine.
Tip: when night fishing, the distance between the leads 15 cm, not more.
Coastal fishing is better to use spinning tackle for long casting with spinning reel with a small spinning lures bright colors with 2-3 small sharp hooks.
Tip: to throw on and carry the spoon across to the shore.
For catching small fish is better to use gear with the test of 10 – 40 Hooks of small size are mounted on short leashes to the line, at the end of which is attached a light weight.
The rod of the ordinary. In this case, the hook should match the size of the nozzle and no more than 15 mm.
A small success can bring fishing tackle, live bait on the curb in areas with average velocity.
The snap-in “Christmas tree”
One of the ways of manufacture.
The fishing line is mounted oscillating an elongated spoon.
At the other end is attached to the swivel.
The leash still tied leashes ranging in size from 10 to 15 cm at the ends, which are anchored bait in the form of fish (from a metal blank cut out shape in the form of an ellipse with a length of 30 – 40 mm, then the resulting product to bend along the axis slightly prognuv, snap hooks No. 7 and 9).
For industrial purposes, is extracted bluefish purse Seine and trap, trawls and seines zakidnogo a (way of fishing).
What bait and nozzles biting bluefish (gumbar) Any small fish or its pieces.
- elongated plugs;
- model pilcrow better to use a narrow form of silver (cast) color (preference due to the similarity of fish and a good play in the water);
- spinners you should use a vibrating, heavy, narrow, and bright colours dimensions length 10 – 20 cm and a width of 0.5 to 1.5 cm;
- should be similar to a Gar, or anchovy;
- on spinners to fix some sturdy tees;
- the use of baits is recommended in pomutnela water surf footage.
One of the ways of making the spinners:
- Take a plate of stainless steel with dimensions of 110 for 12 on 4 mm.
- Give the appropriate form optochin her (anchovy).
- The width of the narrow part of the blank must be less than half the main.
- The edges of the holes to tee No. 10-12 – on the one hand and rings for fishing line on the other.
Biting sharp, with great force. Poor quality gear will break the resistance of the bluefish weighing in at 1.5 or 2 kg. to Strike the predator hard, as it the victim did not swallow, and breaks. In case of success, the cutting should be sharp, as the mouth of a fish is strong and difficult to damage. After hooking bluefish rushes to the depth and the movement is able to disrupt the fragile fishing line. Then the fish flies out of water and begins a violent resistance. It is at this moment the possible exit from the hook. When playing the line should be cut at intervals of 1-2 revolutions per second.
When the fish is removed from the water, the hunter should not relax, bluefish can bite.
- When it detects the pack Lupara, to carry out the hunt follows at a distance, allowing you to throw the spoon.
- The lure should go straight into the center of a shoal of predators and inappropriate to delve deeply into the water.
- It is possible to apply the method of trolling, including descent overboard coming from boats fishing-rod with bait.
- When fishing at shallow depths, the wiring should be done in steps.
- To observe safety precautions when playing and removing fish from the hook. Does a fish have very sharp teeth.
- Tackle should be strong.
- Only use metal leashes, to prevent their snack luvaram.
Fish presence can be understood at a floating dismembered carcasses or circling several of the gulls.
In Italy this predator called “ballerina”, for the manner of jumping out of the water. Bulgarca called lafaro, and the Turks – lufer.
Since 1967 in the Black sea recorded Lupara invasion from the Mediterranean, which resulted in mass mortality of mackerel.
In the period from 1966 to 1969 recorded the largest catch of Lupara.
This predator was nicknamed “chopper” because after the invasion of the predator, on the shore and beaches by the waves throws the torn carcasses of different fish.
Females are very prolific and once can withdraw up to a million eggs!