For newbies, such a lure as a frog may seem like a comic option at first, but this is only first. The frog on a pike has been used for a long time and successfully, especially this bait works well in the summer and autumn. The fact is that croak is a kind of delicacy for this predator. Pike regularly goes to the sandbanks in the summer at dusk and at night, as well as during the autumn period just to pamper yourself.
Fishing is carried out with some features , the frog as a bait has some features:
- it is possible to catch both on live, and on rubber;
- for casting they use fly fishing, spinning rods, poles and pockets;
- it is possible to catch both on stagnant water, and on a current;
- bait single hooks, doubles, tees.
For fishing pike with such bait, choose backwaters, bays of large rivers and reservoirs, small lakes with a water lily and reeds. It is in grassy places that a frog like bait on a pike is often the most effective at any time of the day.
Catching a live frog
Before you catch a pike on a frog, you need to decide what kind of bait to use. The most common and well known for a long time is the capture of a live amphibian, having previously studied some subtleties.
Usually for catching pike on a live frog they use pockets, pitches or spinning, for many it is the latter tackle that becomes the most catchy. To properly hold the bait, you must first collect the gear, it must have certain characteristics.
|rod||spinning blank 2-2.4 m long with casting performance up to 30 g|
|coil||high-quality, with a metal spool, the size of which should not exceed 2000|
|the foundation||braided cord with a diameter of up to 0.12 mm will be ideal, you can also put a monofilament line with a cross section of 0.28 mm|
|fittings||high-quality carbines and fasteners to lure the grass|
It is advisable to set, but this condition is not mandatory.
The important point will be the bait, or rather its production. It is best of course to use frogs from the same reservoir in which fishing is planned. To do this, in the coastal zone, preferably in the thickets, with the help of a rag or a net with a fine net, a sufficient number of amphibians are caught. You can find bait under trees and branches lying in a pond, as well as stones.
Important! It should be understood that one or two frogs is not enough for a full-fledged fishing. To make fishing successful it is worth stocking up at least 8-10 individuals.
If there is no opportunity to catch frogs on the pond, then you can use the garden, but the toad for this case will not work at all. Distinctive features of a frog are:
- longer hind legs;
- smooth skin;
- bright color.
It is necessary to store the bait in a bucket or other container with a lid, while a large amount of wet grass is placed there. In this way, the frogs can be saved as long as possible.
Correctly we put frogs
Fishing is carried out both on a live individual, and on previously killed. Attention pike will be able to attract both options in the same way, but for this you need to properly planted. For live there are two options:
- A single hook is driven into the back foot so that the body can move freely. This option is the most common, but the possibility of losing the bait during casting is very high.
- It is considered more reliable to use three single hooks, each of which is located on a separate leash. Hooks give birth in the back of a frog, while the sting of each should look out.
Important! So as not to damage additionally the frog skin of the sting is covered with foam balls of a small size.
The dead frog is equipped a little differently, most often it is done with a twin. Hook tucked through the mouth of an amphibian, so that the stinger came out on the back behind the front paws. Experienced anglers are advised to hook one of them to the tip of the hook, then the frog will play more attractive for the pike and additionally create a specific noise in the water. It will not hurt to perform hooking, and the catch efficiency from this will only increase .
Technique of fishing
Pike on a frog regularly, the main thing is to know how to do it. Completely different techniques are used for the dead and the living:
- A live bait, mounted on a single hook by the foot, is usually thrown into the windows between the vegetation, along the border of thickets, and drawn. Getting into the water, the frog begins to actively twitch and squirm, and this attracts the attention of the toothy predator. Pike immediately attack the proposed prey and here the main thing to do a serif.
- The dead frog is carried out in the same places of the reservoir. The coil is rotated at medium speed, periodically pausing, then the frog in the water will go jerky. Additionally, the rod form will help to create the game; it is enough to twitch with the tip of the spinning during the pause period.
Both one and the second type of bait can be used not only near the undergrowth and grass, wiring to clean places of the reservoir can bring much better results. In the water column, sometimes neither bait, nor a wobbler can interest pike, and the frog will attract the attention of even the most passive predator.
Catching a frog
With the help of spinning, the pike is caught on a non-sticking frog, the bait enjoys great success throughout the summer. Its catchiness is confirmed by many experienced anglers, as well as newcomers to this business.
Fishing for pike on an artificial frog is carried out with a spinning form, usually from the shore. The length of the rod 2.4 m with a dough of up to 20-25 g will be quite acceptable, here you will need to add quality, the size of the spool in 2000 will be quite enough. Bearings must be at least 3, but the gear ratio is 5.2: 1. As a basis, it is better to take a braided cord, its thickness is up to 0.12. It is imperative to put the leashes, at what one should choose from soft and strong ones.
Tip! In order to catch a pike on a frog, a non-sticking go perfectly, you cannot put a hard or thick leash. This part of the tooling will jam the work of the light silicone bait.
Above all, one should be able to choose the bait itself, because the market is just full of different options. The most catchable products are considered with such characteristics:
- color bright green or light green;
- required tail;
- quality hook when snap.
The most popular variants of silicone baits of this type are from Manns , but the frog on a pike with its own hands sometimes breaks all records in catchability. Engaged in manufacturing units, as this is a very complex process that will require certain skills and skills.
Technique of fishing
Pike fishing on a frog-free goose passes most often in shallow water, it pecks in summer, but in the beginning of autumn such bait is used no less successfully.
It is desirable to fish for backwaters, beaches, shallow bays of rivers and lakes. After casting, it is worth waiting a few seconds for the bait to fall, then choose one of the posting options and act. The rubber bait will respond well to:
- basic wiring with narrow movements with blank and pauses;
- it will unusually play with twitch; a sharp jerk and parallel winding of the base will attract the attention of even a very passive pike;
- swinging the rod and tightening the base will also help the frog open up.
Do not get hung up on one version of the animation, experiment.
Interesting! Often, the active pike attacks the frog immediately after falling into the water, so immediately after the casting it’s worth waiting for 10-20 seconds.
When catching a predator on a frog, it should be understood that without hooking it is impossible to achieve the desired result, but not everyone can do it correctly. In this process there are nuances and subtleties, only applying them every fisher will always have a catch.
There are unwritten rules that are worth adhering to:
- cutting is not carried out immediately after the first strike, usually the pike just hits, and then just swallows the bait;
- the predator may simply miss, preferably a pause of a few seconds;
- making sure that the lure in the mouth needs to make a sharp jerk with the rod.
If the bite turned out to be single or pike just did not have time to swallow the proposed delicacy, it is worth continuing to actively pursue the bait. In the absence of further strikes, the bait is most often changed or another type of wiring is used.
There are a lot of baits for catching pike, the use of live material has always attracted more attention of predators, as well as artificial options. How to make a frog an excellent bait, we found out that the right equipment and a variety of postings will not leave anyone without a catch.