Fishing spider – a very simple device for fishing, perhaps, it is easier only to use it. Previously, it consisted of metal rods, now metal-plastic, plastic rods, etc. are used.
These rods are fastened in the cross-piece, and between their ends they tighten the net.
Spiders are divided into several species depending on the design features and application:
- Classic tetrahedral.
- A more advanced “fellow” – hex.
- Spider rakolovki, quadrangles and hexagons .
Ordinary, for summer fishing
For fishing in the summer most often use the usual tetrahedral lifting spider. The reason is its ease of use. In addition, this design is so simple that in the presence of a grid and 4 rods (4 rods easier to find than 6), it is easy to assemble the structure. A lure is put in the net, the fish is going to be fed, the fisherman pulls and he folds and pulls the catch.
For winter fishing
Winter fishing is not very different from summer. The only feature is the selection of a drill for wider holes, so that the spider can easily enter and exit the hole. A bait is placed in the center of the spider, and it sinks to the bottom, it “opens up”, the fish eats, the fisherman lifts the spider, it folds, and the fisherman pulls it out of the hole with the fish.
This method is used to catch live bait to equip zherlits. It should be understood that the ice spider has some differences from products for fishing in open water.
Naturally, the larger the size of the spider, the higher the potential catch. Therefore, many fishermen have a weakness for large items, but it should be noted that the larger the size, the physically more difficult it is to lift the device out of the water.
The largest spiders use fishing vessels, but there is a special lifting mechanism. In some countries, fishing on a small spider is allowed, and large ones are considered poaching devices.
Therefore, before using this tackle for fishing, study the legislation of your country on fishing. Carried away by the size, do not violate the laws and common sense. A large item is usually caught from a boat, so there will be more amenities for the angler.
The best places for spider fishing
The best places are thickets of reeds (of course, next to the thickets of reeds – in the thickets of the spider themselves do not throw and do not “drown”) and places near the trees growing in the pond.
Technique of use
You must be able to use this wonderful gear in every sense. The technique of its application is divided into several types, although in essence they are all quite similar.
- From the shore. In this case, the fisherman secures the spider on a solid foundation, which is often used as a shaft or trunk of a small tree. A spider is tied to it and thrown into the water. Something this device will look like a fishing pole, but instead of a fishing line, a rope is used, and instead of a rod there is a thick shaft.
- From the bridge or pier. A fisherman can use “leverage” devices when the railing of a bridge or pier protrudes. In this case, you can use a larger spider. Otherwise, this is very similar to the technique of catching a spider from the shore.
- In the winter. As mentioned above, in winter it is impossible to use a large spider. The reason is the size of the hole. Spider for winter fishing should be small in size, not more than the hole, which can make your drill. Otherwise it will be impossible to get the catch out of the water.
Materials and tools
- Metal pipes, preferably light metal. Aluminum is perfect.
- Metal tube for the cross.
- Fishing net, which pull on the design.
- Rope (pull on the line lift is extremely problematic).
- Strong handle (in the villages, the standard used shaft).
- Hacksaw and hammer.
- The most problematic and expensive tool for assembly is a welding machine.
- Schemes and drawings.
Manufacturing technology and assembly
Homemade spider make the power of everyone, the main desire and a little ingenuity.
- First made the cross. In order to flatten the pipe, you need a hammer. Further, using a welding machine, we fasten the pipes perpendicular to the welding. Also, welding will be required to weld a ring to the crosspiece, to which a rope will be tied for lifting the spider and immersing it in water.
- The second stage – using a hacksaw, we make notches on aluminum arches for tight fastening of the fishing net. Of course, the arcs themselves must be very tight to the structure.
- The third stage – fixing the grid. It must be fastened in such a way that it sags slightly, otherwise if the net is just taut, the fish will easily leave your gear. But the net should hang just a little, since the larger the net, the harder it is to get the spider out of the reservoir, especially with the catch.
- When the metal rods entered the crosspiece and the design is assembled, the rope should be fixed on the crosspiece ring, and its other end should be securely attached to the shaft so as not to miss the spider. For these purposes, on the place of attachment to the shaft, they pave the path with a knife. Thus, the rope is held not only on the knot, but also as it “bites” into the tree.
The penalty for catching a spider
Catching a spider in the Russian Federation is not prohibited if the size of the tackle does not exceed 1×1 m. A larger spider is considered to be a poaching device, and a fine of 2000 rubles may be imposed for its use . You can also get a penalty when catching certain species of fish in spawning, if during this period fishing on them in your area is prohibited.
Of course, fishing on a large spider is forbidden, which cannot be lifted by man on its own, and vehicles and mechanisms are used to lift it. A similar violation is set forth in Article 256 paragraph “B”: “Illegal extraction (catch) of aquatic biological resources using self-propelled transport floating means or explosives and chemicals, electric current or other methods of mass extermination of specified aquatic animals and plants”.
Also under this article you can get under criminal liability when catching fish even with a 1×1 m spider at the time of spawning (point “B”): “in spawning grounds or on migration routes to them”.
The punishment for such acts is really severe. The mildest is a fine of 100 to 300 thousand rubles or correctional labor for a period of 2 years, the alternative is a prison sentence of 6 months.
Therefore, it is necessary to use this device for fishing with an oglaadka on the laws in order to get pleasure from fishing, and not fines and other unpleasant consequences.