It looks like a float fishing. Soft and flexible fishing rod, fishing line, cargo, bobber, hook. But in fact, catching the fly pole is more effective and easy, unlike match or bologna fishing.
Swing Rod Selection
The division of rods into categories arose due to different fishing conditions. A short rod allows you to move around the water reservoir in contrast to the ten-meter fishing rod. It was created to catch small fish off the coast and does not allow throwing over large thickets.
Even if you change the equipment for a longer fishing line, it will be very difficult to throw a short rod.
There are 3 types of fly fishing rods:
- “Classic” – lightweight rod length of 5-11 meters. It is used for catching small fish up to 1-2 kg.
- “Ukleechnoe” – lightweight rod length of 2-4 m. It is used for catching small fish up to 500 g
- “Karpovoe” – strong and weighted rod with a length of 7-14 m. It is used for catching large individuals (carp, carp, crucian carp).
The fly rod is made of modern durable materials, the following types can be distinguished :
- Fiberglass. It is considered the cheapest material that is less sensitive, less durable and heavier. It is not recommended to buy fiberglass rods longer than 5 m. Because of their heavy weight, they are not suitable for fly fishing.
- Composite. More durable material, as it combines fiberglass with carbon fiber. This affects its strength and lighter weight. The budget option for flywheel.
- Carbon fiber. The lightest, most durable and resilient material for a fly rod. It is recommended to use a fishing rod with a length of up to 11 m, since these are optimal sizes that combine all the advantages of this material.
The length of the fly fishing rods varies from 2 to 14 m. They are divided into the following categories:
- Short ones have a length of 2-4 m. Fish weight up to 500 grams. Used for sport fishing.
- Average length 5-7 m. Fish weight up to 2 kg. The most common length rods.
- Long – 8-11 m. Fish weight up to 3 kg. Used for fishing in overgrown reservoirs.
- Extra long – 12-14 m. This reinforced rod is used for carp fishing.
This is the weight range of the maximum load tackle that will not harm the fishing rod. If you follow the recommendation of the optimal test, it will provide the necessary range and accuracy of the throw, without causing harm to the gear. Exceeding the maximum test can lead not only to the breakage of gear, but also to a fishing rod breakage.
Weight and balance
When catching a stroke you have to keep the rod in your hands for a long time, so it should be light and balanced. The center of gravity should be closer to the handle, this will allow you to comfortably hold the fishing pole and more effectively hook the fish.
Standard carbon fiber weight:
- Long from 2 to 4 m, the weight should be 100-150 grams.
- From 5 to 7 m, weight is 200-250 g.
- From 8 to 11 m, weight is 300-400 g.
- From 12 to 14 m, weight up to 800 g
For full installation of the fly fishing rod, properly selected accessories are necessary:
- Fishing line
Connector – the main item of equipment. It is used for quick line change. The connector is fixed at the end of the fishing rod.
There are three types of connectors:
- Bought in the store. Before acquiring a connector, you should try it on your rod, as they are made to a specific diameter. After it is necessary to glue it on the tip of the fishing rod.
- Homemade. It is necessary to attach a small carabiner to the end of the rod and tie it with a fishing line, after which it is recommended to slightly smear with glue. But such homemade connectors fray over the line over time.
- Included with the rod. On good and high quality rods, the manufacturer installs a connector that can withstand a good effort.
It must be remembered that catching at a stroke is fishing for not very large fish, therefore a fishing line about 0.2 mm thick is usually used. It is recommended to use a mono-wall, as it is more sensitive than braided.
Choosing a float for a fly rod
The choice of a float directly depends on a reservoir on which it is necessary fishing. If the flow rate is low or not at all, then you should take a more sensitive float. If fishing is to occur on a fast-flowing river, then load-lifting spherical floats should be taken.
The most common option is a drop-shaped float with a thin base and a long antenna.
Sinker, leash and hook
For the fly rod used small weights, which are distributed among the gear. This allows the bait to dive longer.
You should also ship the leash along the entire length. The right choice of leash: length from 10 to 25 cm and diameter up to 1 mm.
The hook is used in small size – No3-5 with a long forearm.
Fly fishing rods usually do not use a reel, as it creates some inconvenience when fishing, but it still sometimes takes with itself simple reels. They are used to store fishing line when the fishing rod is in the folded state.
The bait should be used according to the season:
In the summer – vegetable bait (bread, peas, corn, boilies and various cereals).
During the period of cooling – protein bait (caddis, maggot, fly and worm).
Privada for fishing is used any – bought in the store or independently cooked. In the ready lure you should put the bait on which the fish will be caught. During prikormlivaniya do not need to use too much bait, as the fish get too much and will peck less actively.
Various flavors can be added to the food that will increase the quantity and quality of the bites. From the flavors can be noted the following:
Choosing a fishing place
In summer, the fish is kept at shallow depths (1-4 m) due to the fact that in hot weather there is more oxygen, food and there are no sharp temperature drops. First you need to find a free area of the terrain where you can cast the rod. You also need to find a flat bottom, where there is a kind of shelf, which wanders bottom fish in search of food. Basically, the first brow begins right behind aquatic vegetation, in this place you should throw bait and bait and successfully fill the cage.
To accurately determine the location of such a section of the bottom, you should use a depth gauge. It is a brass or lead load, which is attached to a hook. On the fly-rod, a lead weight with a ring at the end is used more often. The optimal weight of the load is about 15-20 g.
When fishing in an unfamiliar body of water, it is necessary to collect a fishing rod and attach a depth meter to the hook. Then walk along the coastal zone in search of a suitable place. To do this, carefully check the bottom topography and determine the approximate depth. Once the catch point is found, you can feed the fish and wait for the bite.
Technique and tactics of fishing
When fishing by a stroke it is necessary to keep the fishing line in tension throughout the whole process of catching, that is, the rod is in the hands.
During the bite can be immediately hooked. Since the fish is cautious, then, feeling resistance, it spits out the bait and does not even hook on the lip. If you put the rod and loosen the line, it may not be enough time to make hooking.
When catching swoop for greater likelihood, bites are played with bait. When the fishing rod is in the hands, fishing becomes more interesting and productive, because you need to lift it, playing along with the bait. When fishing on stagnant water, it is necessary to slightly raise the line, then the bait with a hook will rise, and the fish will be interested in this.
While fishing, the bait is sometimes interested in large fish that can tear the gear. If there are strong poklevki, it is recommended to quickly change the gear to a stronger one, if you do not do this, then you can miss the big fish or break the gear.
How to fish a fish
Putting out a fly fishing rod is not an easy task. If the fish is large, it must be carefully brought to the shore. It is not recommended to immediately remove the fish from the water, you must first tire it. The main mistake that leads to the breakage of the fishing rod or the breaking of the tackle is a powerful lifting of the rod when the fish is hauling. In order to eliminate this, you need to have a net with a long handle, this will allow you not to get the rod high to extract the fish from the water.
In order to properly cast fly-fishing rod, you must be guided by the following tactics:
- let go of the rod a little forward;
- sharply lead him by the shoulder;
- smoothly produce a cast in the baited place.
What fish can catch a fly fishing rod
Fly fishing is an active fishing, which involves catching fish not by quality, but by quantity. Therefore, the weight of fish often ranges from 100 g to 1 kg. Also, if you properly prepare the gear and feed the place, you can catch fish up to 3 kg, but this will be a test for the rod.
Absolutely all fish can be caught on the fly rod, it all depends on the location, complementary foods and bait.
Since the fishing takes place in the coastal zone, you can count on the following fish:
- roach, rudd, bleak;
- bream, white bream;
- carp, carp;
- crucian carp, tench;
- perch, shuroren, pike perch;
- chub, ide.
Using the correctly chosen fly-rod, you can have a good time fishing. Catching a stroke will not leave anyone indifferent.