To catch a pike on the hooks you need to know and understand how this tackle works. There is nothing difficult in this, this kind of fishing can be said of the simplest of all available.
- A great option for fishing in the cold season, early spring and late autumn is just the perfect time, in winter such tackle is used no less successfully.
- Ability to fish the depths, where the pike will be located at low temperatures.
- Easy to assemble gear, easy to carry.
If you wish, zakushki on a pike can be arranged for several tens of meters, which will allow catching a significant area immediately.
But there are drawbacks to tackle for shore fishing:
- The zakidushka is assembled without a rod, this can complicate the hauling of significant trophies.
- The effectiveness of the tackle may be inferior to other amateur options.
- Do not use the catch and in sport fishing, its effectiveness will be much lower than spinning or.
Nevertheless, there are a lot of lovers of pike zakidushek. This method is used by both more experienced anglers and beginners who like simplicity in assembly and use.
The pike pike is quite a catchy tackle, but in order to assemble it you need to correctly select all its components. You must first consult with knowledgeable people or look for information in another way; it will be difficult for a beginner to choose a good gear. Each component must be of high quality and meet the required characteristics.
Successful pike fishing on bottom gear depends on a well-chosen base.
There are two options for it:
- braided cord.
It is preferable to take the second option, it is stronger with smaller thicknesses. The line is also often used, the choice depends on the individual preferences of each angler.
The thickness of the base must be decent, because it will be necessary to throw a sinker not at all of small weight. Yes, and on the hook can be a trophy of significant size, which will provide strong resistance.
Selection of the diameter depends on the expected catch:
- for small lakes, fishing line is more often used, its thickness is usually 0.3-0.5 mm;
- large bodies of water will require tackle more durable, if you use a fishing line, then not less than 0.6 mm thick, since there can be larger specimens, and the cord is enough 0.28 mm;
- for large rivers and reservoirs, the foundation needs to be strengthened, the cord is chosen to be 0.35 mm thick, but the line can even be used 0.7-0.8 mm in cross section.
You can make a universal option, for this purpose, take the cord 0.28-0.3 mm thick.
No matter what kind of bait will be used to lure the predator, be sure to put. The best option would be steel, many make it to the pike with their own hands. The material for this can serve as a steel string for a guitar or wire of the same quality.
The length of the leash can be different, but not less than 35 cm. The best will be 50 cm.
Most often, sliding types of cargo are used for the bottom, but the options on the swivel are used at least. For a pike-zakushki, a sliding view will be the best option, but the weight depends on the place where fishing is planned:
|cargo weight||where used|
|20-40 g||on small lakes, in pools of rivers without currents, ponds with standing water|
|60-80 g||on reservoirs with a small current, along the bays|
|80-120 g||on the river over|
A sliding load is desirable so that it has a slightly flattened shape , it will be better to fly, to enter the water when casting, it will lie perfectly on the bottom, and when hooking it will slightly extinguish the jerk.
Rubber shock absorber: yes or no
At the request of the angler in the tackle may include a rubber shock absorber. For some, it is an important part, while others consider it superfluous. It’s not always necessary to ask advice on this from more experienced comrades, since not everyone saw and felt it in work.
The shock absorber performs the following functions:
- extinguishes trophy jerks;
- softens cutting;
- helps to carry out the process of drawing out more gently.
Using a shock absorber will help save tackle when you hook or catch a very large fish.
On hooks, you can put different types of hooks, some like self-intersecting, others prefer to equip the donk with sharp tees or doubles.
But this element also requires selection:
- for dead fish or chunks, more self-chopping is used;
- live bait is placed on a double or a tee.
The use of a regular hook will require constant attention to the quack. The tackle is set so that a bell is signaled about the bite. As soon as he zazvenit angler urgently need to reach there and make a sharp sweep.
For night fishing more suitable self-clipping options.
The size of the hook depends on the size of the bait used, for small live bait and hooks choose the appropriate size, most often this is tee number 6-8 according to the current qualification. Single pieces are used under slices of fish, it is better to take with serif No. 8-10.
All tackle is usually wound on a reel, you can take the plastic purchased or cut yourself from the tree. A good option would be an option for tackle self-resetting. Additionally, you need swivels and carbines, with which and connect the components together.
In order to have as large a catch as possible, it is necessary to catch it correctly. Beforehand, it is necessary to study the bottom relief with a marker weight in order to understand where to throw.
General recommendations are:
- for effectiveness, you need to set from 10 to 20 fireballs;
- it is necessary to place them along the coast at a distance of 1-1.5 m;
- the bottom is placed on the ground with a sandy bottom of solid character;
- It is desirable to use more than one type of bait.
Otherwise, the application of the catch for current and stagnant water will be different.
Features of work in still water
The pike backwater is often used for standing water, this type of fishing is used more as an additional to spinning.
On still water tackle works with such features:
- the sinker is used small, only 20 g is enough;
- bite watching on the bells, it is attached to the line near the reel;
- it is necessary to throw in places with holes, exactly there will be a pike.
Cutting is performed abruptly, even if a self-tapping hook stands and is accepted for hauling a trophy in the usual way.
Features for the flow
When fishing on a stream, a slightly different tactic is used. You will not use the bell there, because the water will constantly put it into action. An indicator of bite in this case will be a float on sagging, and in the night period in addition to it use fireflies.
Casting is carried out on the same principle, first probe the bottom, then carry out a cast in the area of brovok, dumps, under the snags. Then it is a matter of time, it remains only to wait for a bite and bring a pike.
When fishing on a current, it is worth checking the hook periodically; a small fish may not manifest itself during a serif.
How to collect tackle yourself
Fishermen with experience collect a catch on a pike on their own, for this they pre-select in a specialty store everything you need.
The following is the assembly process itself, it consists of the following steps:
- preparing the reel, it is either bought or made by yourself;
- then a sufficient amount of the base is wound, this is approximately 50-80 meters, depending on the reservoir;
- the weights are locked with beads or rubber stoppers, but a small reserve of the base is left for smooth hooking;
- To install a shock absorber or not everyone chooses independently, but it should be attached to the base before the leash;
- the leash is fastened through the swivel in order to avoid the overhang of the tackle; at the other end, either a carabiner or a winding ring is installed.
When self-assembly gear, including the manufacture of leashes, often simplify the gear, the hook is fixed on the leash without any additional devices. You can also install the swivel, but experienced anglers do not recommend.
The pike fossil is ready with your own hands, it remains only to try it on the chosen reservoir.
Bait and bait
When fishing for spinning, it is easier to interest the pike, the catch in this plan is very losing.
The use of this gear involves the use of only two types of bait:
- live bait;
- pieces of dead fish.
In this case, the first option will work actively, the second is attributed to the passive type of fishing.
For fishing on live bait it is necessary to pre-catch small fish from the same reservoir, where it is planned to set fire pits. The best option would be to use float gear during the day, and then in the evening and at night to set the donkey.
Any piece of fish will suit any, you can even use ice cream and store. Before it is thawed and cut, then hooked through and used as bait.
Dead bait can also be used as bait. This version of the bait is not exactly hidden in the sand at risk.
The pike backwater is a passive type of fishing, but in the cold season it is with this gear that you can get a decent-sized toothed predator. Proper equipment will help take the trophy, and you can experiment with bait.