To catch pike and other species of predator both on the river and in the lakes, many different gears are used. They are divided according to activity and passivity in terms of application.
To passive species include girders and zakidushki, but the girders are in turn divided into several subspecies. One of these subspecies are stalls, mostly assembled by fishers themselves.
Not everyone uses this type of fishing, for many it is very passive, but anglers with experience often set stalls, and then, if desired, engage in more active types of catching fish. This subspecies is attractive in that it is enough to check the exposed gear only a couple of times a day, pick up the catch and throw the gear again.
There are two types of deliveries that will vary slightly among themselves:
|kind of delivery||Main characteristics|
|winter||used when fishing from ice, usually placed below water level so as not to freeze, the base is a rubber hose|
|summer||exhibited both from the boat and along the coastline, old plastic bottles are used as the basis|
They collect gear equally, the components will vary depending on the reservoir and seasonal characteristics.
We assemble the supply yourself
In the distribution network, it is not possible to purchase ready-made tackle of such a subspecies; usually a do-it-yourself pike kit is going to. To do this, pre-buy the necessary components, and mount the gear.
Important! It is worthwhile to think over when fishing will take place and where. Find out in more detail what size specimens live in the selected reservoir.
Pike deliveries in winter have their own peculiarities; they use a slightly different basis for installation than for fishing at other times of the year.
To collect gear you need:
- As a reel, which will hold all the components, they usually use a piece of rubber hose. For delivery, 12-15 cm is enough, on the one hand, with an awl, two holes are made in it, the second end just needs to be cut.
- For the base you need a fishing line, it is better to take a monk, and the thickness should be up to 0.4 mm. It will be needed about 8-12 m, depending on the depths in the reservoir chosen for fishing.
- A mandatory element is a sliding sinker, it can be different from 4 g to 10 g.
- The locking beads must be used, with their help you can easily and quickly adjust the depth.
- The leash is an important part of the tackle, it depends on it for 50% of the live bait mobility and fishing success. Usually use fluorocarbon options or for reliability use steel.
- Hooks are chosen carefully, it is best to use doubles or tees, it depends on the method of mounting live bait. The main thing is that he be sharp and durable.
You will also need a strong stick that will hold the stowage above the hole after the tackle is installed in the hole.
Collect tackle like this:
- Through the holes, which are located one on the other, thread the fishing line so that a loop is obtained and fix the end.
- The rest of the base is wound onto the hose itself, leaving a small piece for further installation of gear.
- Next, they put a locking bead, which will not allow the cargo to rise above the required line on the fishing line.
- Next, a sinker is installed, which is selected depending on the depths to be caught. Then one more stopper surely goes.
- The next element of the tackle will be a leash, it is knitted through a swivel to the main fishing line.
- A hook is attached through the ring or directly to the material of the leash.
The rest is done directly while fishing, it’s definitely not worth it to plant live bait from the house.
In summer, fishing for pike can also be passive, for this use slightly modified lanterns. Putting supplies at this time of the year is better not from the coastline, but from a boat, it will turn out to catch a large area of water.
The main differences between the summer and winter subspecies are:
- the use of a thicker fishing line, it is better to take options from 0.45 mm and above;
- plastic bottles are often used as reel; they will perfectly stay on the water;
- there is an installation of gear in which a sinker of about 100 g is used, and sometimes even more, then the gear will definitely not be carried away by the current, but in addition an easier option is selected for live bait.
The rest of the supply in the summer from the winter version will not differ in anything.
Where and how to catch
Catching pike for deliveries takes place all year round, the predator will respond perfectly to the proposed bait fish in the spring on the last ice, and it will not refuse such a bait in the winter, when all the trifle has long slipped into the wintering pits. In summer and autumn, this tackle is put up in water bodies at least, sometimes simply replaced with more familiar girders.
The most promising places for pike deliveries are:
- pits and depressions along the channel;
- places near thickets of reeds and reeds;
- exit from the wintering pits.
They also install tackle near the snag, the pike often stands there waiting for the victim.
Important! Check the installed vents no more often than every 3 hours.
How to catch from ice
In winter, for catching on stalls, it is necessary to drill holes at a distance from each other of not less than 10-15 m. Their number depends on how many gear there are. They begin to arrange with the first drilled, and then they go catching on a spoon or doing other things.
Tackle on ice can be left overnight, for this purpose the stick is fixed on the ice more reliably, cover the hole with hay or a dry cattail, and cover with snow on top.
Open water fishing method
On open water, it is best to set up pike stalls from a boat in the evening, the distance between them should be 8-10 m. They usually do not touch them until morning, and check the catch with the help of the same boat at dawn.
They almost never catch tackle during the day; they can be used as one of the methods in the autumn period, before the first ice age.
Useful tips and tricks
It’s not enough to make and put tackle in a promising place for catching on stubs.
Fishing in this way will bring a good result, if you know and apply some subtleties and tricks:
- fishing is carried out near the coastal zone near the reeds and reeds at a depth of not more than 0.5 m;
- in deep sections of ponds for the capture of trophies the bait of the deliveries is set to a depth of 3 m;
- it is not recommended to use the cord for the base of the gear; when fishing the catch, the risk of injury to the angler increases;
- bait is used as bait, it is recommended to prepare it in advance;
- baits are crucians, roaches, ruffs, small perches;
- it is desirable to use live bait from the same reservoir where fishing takes place;
- You can set the bait in different ways, but the tee through the gill cover proved to be most effective;
- it’s not worth saving on accessories, if you do leashes for equipment yourself, so you can almost completely avoid gatherings and breakage of gear.
Each fisherman comprehends remaining subtleties already directly on fishing.
Now everyone knows how to make a bite on their own. In addition, the tips and advice of more experienced comrades will help everyone to get a pike on fishing, and maybe not one.
There are not many passive types of fishing, they are not particularly popular among fishermen, but many people still make pike stalls with their own hands. This type of fishing is attracted by the fact that after the tackle is set up, you can safely do other things, including more active fishing.