Horses are different colors, i.e. color of hair, eyes and skin. The color is not just color, but a complex combination of shades due to genetics, distribution of pigmentation. So often horses with similar colour but different shade of eyes or skin, belong to different suits. The same applies to the divergence of the main color, body color, mane and tail.
Horses are extremely diverse. Interestingly, the color itself can vary greatly, so, for the same suit – light buckskin – horses include sand, brown and even black hair.
The suits can have different variations:
- Light or dark tint.
- Glitter, gold or silver.
- It is also possible, the light areas on the face, abdomen or groin.
Also each of them often have certain disease. It is interesting that the fashion for suit horses is very variable: now at the peak of popularity exotic options: peg, greneva, Chubar.
The main options
But contemporary studies adhere to the position of the highlight stripes on the genetic level.
So, American scientist Phillip, Sponenberg allocates just three basic suit:
All other suits are considered to be only derived from the core.
Vorone. It’s completely black horse, eyes are black.
There are several options in color in addition to bluish-black:
- Ash-black. The color is less saturated and has a barely noticeable brown tide.
- Black in the sun. The ends of your hair in the summer burn in the sun, getting a red tide. And if the winter this horse was jet black, in summer becomes a dirty brown.
- Silver-black. This horse has clarified the case with a silvery sheen and pronounced apples.
These beautiful horses are wilful, proud, so they were incredibly popular with the aristocratic strata of society. Well-known historical fact: Alexander the great’s horse, the famous Bucephalus, was just the suit.
Bay horse. For that horse acceptable in some variants of color of the hull:
At the Bay horse in a coal-black dyed hair, lower limbs and tail.
Is divided into several podmostkov:
The most recognized dark dark Bay color, in which black colored body with a mane and tail, and the face has a brown or tan markings, they are especially pronounced around the eyes.
He has Bay horses are very popular among the nomads as a hardy and fast, has good obedience. Interestingly, the most expensive horse chestnut is considered Frankel, which cost about $ 200 million.
So, for a chestnut suit the inherent brown color of the body (various shades), and the tail with the mane painted black.
A red horse. Colors amazing diversity:
- dark brown;
The hull is always painted in a darker tone than the mane tail. Feet and body painted always the same. Some representatives of the suit depending on the season the tail and mane white. Derivatives otmestku a few:
Greevy. The body is painted in red, brown. The tail and mane, a pretty girl like smoky or white, with grey specks. In contrast to bleached, red, color does not change with the seasons, always the same.
Isabella. It’s a rare horse in cream color or the color of melted milk, the owner of pink skin, and blue eyes. In the photos you can see that this is an amazingly beautiful horses.
Brown. These horses have a very dark colour: coffee, chocolate or brown. So these horses can be mistaken for dark bays. To help distinguish small trick: the color of the brown limbs of mares and stallions coincides with the color of the body, and bays, as mentioned earlier, they are coal black.
Palomino horse is recognizable due to the yellow, even Golden colored body and white tail and mane. But the possible variations: red, yellow, sand or gray body, mane and tail colored same as the body, maybe bleached.
The horse is grey. Also called gray, as the foal of the suit can be born black, but gradually turn gray, the number of white patches will increase from molt to molt.
Faster just covered with gray belly and head remain dark the longest legs and croup. Also the steeds of the uncommon apples – large light spot matching the location of the subcutaneous blood vessels.
You can also see grey horses deprived of apples or “buckwheat” – small colored spots.
These horses are the ancestors of the modern, you can recognize them by the so-called “wild” marks:
- On the ridge belt, which is a black or brown stripes.
- Legs slightly marked lateral stripes, called zebroides.
- Sometimes there are wings, representing the stripes on the shoulders – dark stripes placed transversely.
- The edges of the tail and mane may be the frost – a small number of light strands.
Some wild suit known?
Sarasou the suit is recognizable:
- The uneven color of the body pale red.
- Belly sarasou clarified.
- The lower part of the limbs, tail and mane unevenly painted in black.
Kaur. These horses represents an ancestor of the modern red. The distinctive features are as follows:
- Reddish grains.
- The same hue of the limb.
- The mane and tail darker than body, often brown-red.
- Red – the red belt is required.
- Sometimes you can see zebroides.
Dan. It happened grey horses. Features are as follows:
- The coat is grey, often with a brownish tinge.
- The color is uneven.
- Black colored mane, legs and tail.
This equine with white hair, also has pink skin and brown eyes.
White wool inherent at birth, but there are such beautiful animals is extremely rare.
Any of the above horses may be pagasti, that is, the spots on the body are varied, often irregularly shaped. Depending on the placement of these spots, the piebald horse can have several varieties.
- Background suit various: red, Bay, buckskin, black, Palomino.
- The lesions are oval in shape and colour match the colour of the Foundation.
- The background color is the same as basic but with the addition of white fur.
- White spot on rump.
- Unusual hoof: consist of alternating dark and light longitudinal stripes.
Have the above horses can be a significant percentage of white hair in color, then they become chalimi. Legs and head Chala suit at the same time the least susceptible to the appearance of blonde hair, coinciding with the Foundation. With the age of the horse was made of the suit are not changed externally.
The suit and the breed
Any breed includes several stripes, which are transmitted by heredity. Interestingly, for certain species the color is of fundamental importance in plant breeding, and other signs of colouring is not important. There are rocks in which the suit is only one. There are also those in which the abundance of colors of horses, this is particularly true of aboriginal rocks like Mongolian and Icelandic.
We give examples of correlation of horses and breeds:
- Grey is typical for Arabian horses, Orlov Trotter, French kamalski horses, Tersk horses and others. Never found in French trotters.
- Vorone inherent in Kabardian and Karachay breeds ariyasom French and Dutch Friesians.
- Bay color of horse is among the most common as plant breeds, and aboriginal.
- Red is also very popular, is not worse than chestnut, it is inherent to the large number of breeds: the dons, the Kazakh steppe, Budennovsky, as well as a large number of draft horses.
- Chubar horses are rare, color is typical for breeds Appaloosa, narcisco, American miniature horses.
- Isabella is very rare, it can be found in those breeds where there is a Palomino and buckskin horses, related at the genetic level.
- Igranie horses is for the most part, heavy-duty. Is she in the Icelandic breed.
- Peg suit horses as Palomino, buckskin and Chubar, was very popular in the 16th-18th centuries, but at one time it was believed that the horses of these plebeian. That’s why in factory breeds Pinto is much rarer than, for example, sarasou color, roan or Palomino, it is more inherent and native purebred horses.
Each suit horses – unique and unique, experienced breeders claim – there are no bad colors, if the animal is remarkably docile temperament, endurance and obedience, the color of its coat does not matter.