Today to say about how much the horse weighs, it is impossible. This is because these animals are not only natural heritage, but also the creation of human breeding. Already withdrawn more than three hundred breeds that are designed for different purposes, there are completely different from each other horse. There are miniature ponies and the mighty machines that are striking not only for its dimensions, but load capacity and traction force.
The juveniles quite rapidly grow and develop, becoming similar to adult horses. To 6 months, their weight reaches about 50%, and by year 90% all in all.
Further, the rate of weight gain slows down. Under favorable conditions and excellent health, the animal’s weight reaches a maximum by 3 to 4 years. But what is the weight of the average horse?
The breeders accepted the following conditional division of animals according to weight categories:
- Light horse, the weight of which is about 400 kg, for example – pony;
- The average weight of horses of medium size may vary from 400 to 600 kg;
- Heavy draft horse reaches the masses more than 600 kg;
- Horse Shire whose average weight is 1,400 kg.
Machines represent massive and incredibly beautiful horses that are designed for heavy physical labor. In the calculation of average indicators are taken into account the standard of past years, the size and weight that grows for six years. The adopted rules allow us to pay attention to the deviation and to take all necessary measures. If the horse exceeds the standard mass, it is considered the norm, as this parameter directly affects the endurance and strength.
It should be noted that today this animal is widely used in many sectors of the agricultural industry, for the transport of goods over long distances, and cultivation of land. Horse treks are in great demand among tourists and city dwellers. Opening of the riding school, attracted the attention of not only children but also adults.
Differences in the degree of fatness and the conditions of detention
Subject to the conditions of the contents and the intended destination, horses are conditionally subdivided:
- Poor fatness differ sick or old individuals, and those not provided with the proper amount of food. They are completely missing not only subcutaneous fat, but lacking muscle mass. With the visual position of the animals considerably more than three ribs may be croup, and the bones of the shoulder blades.
- Training or sports fatness inherent in mares and stallions passing a lot of tests on the racetrack and also to the speakers at the equestrian competitions. The horses belonging to this category tend relief muscles healthy and strong appearance.
- Working fatness characteristic of a large number of rolling, agricultural workers and horses. They are rather chubby, perhaps, emerges a layer of fat, which does not prevent them to travel extensively and perform all of their respective owners function.
- Factory fatness characteristic of breeding stock horse plants. Such animals provide for the continuation of offspring and reproduction of the breed. These horses provided a full, and most importantly – quality diet and increased power. They are characterized by rounded contours. So mares and stallions are physically much easier to perform its reproductive function.
- Exhibition fatness have a horse (pony) that is designed for auctions, exhibitions and show rings. They are well-nourished, moderately nourished, but it does not have the wonderfully developed muscles. In fact, just such a form and allows you to accentuate all the benefits of the participants.
The connection weight, breed, and opportunities
The horse world is quite varied. A significant difference in the mass can be seen on the example of various breeds. To the easiest weight category, as a rule, the pony – animals, the growth of which varies from 0.8 to 1.4 metres at the shoulder, and miniature horses local selection.
The most outstanding representatives of them are:
- Welsh pony (300 – 350 kg);
- Australian pony (300 kg);
- Shetland ponies (150 – 200 kg);
- American miniature (to 80 kg);
- Falabella (20 – 60 kg).