To shoot from a pneumatic gun it is unlikely someone will refuse – because it is a fascinating exercise, giving the drive and fills the blood with adrenaline.
However, not every such thing is available because a good BB gun is not cheap, and a bad buy no desire. However, if you have hands and a head on your shoulders, you can be the gun to do with their hands.
By the way, spend money on components is not particularly necessary – they are close at hand. But first you need to understand what and how it works.
The principle of operation
We have the bullet (caliber usually 4.5 mm), which defeats the purpose should fly out of the barrel at a certain speed. And gives it is accelerating the flow of compressed air received by one of the methods that determine the design of the gun:
- If the air flow is created by using a straightening cocked spring push the piston, then we have – spring-piston device (PPP). It is on this principle, working children’s toy guns sold in stores. This design is pretty simple and reliable. One injection gives the ability to produce one shot.
- If there is a reservoir of compressed air, our gun is a pneumatic with pre-pumping (PCP). Shots in this case it is possible to produce a series (their number depends on the tank volume).
- The gas gun works on carbon dioxide, which expands and pushes the bullet. A can of compressed under high pressure of CO2 is connected with the special camera, which valve while pressing the trigger briefly to open. Facing portion of the carbon dioxide gas pushes the bullet. Shots from one canister can be made from 40 to 50.
Master the gun, on hand
Mainly craftsmen prefer to invent guns or PPP-type or PDA type. Fortunately, for the latter you can use ordinary plastic bottles. And plastic pipe gave a lot of useful parts in the form of tees and adapters. Trunk (one of the most important parts of the gun) is made from cocktail straws, radiators, refrigerators, antennas, ballpoint pens or markers. By the way, it all fits into a caliber of 4.5 mm.
Pick up the barrel diameter bullets – they have to enter it on the nose, but not very tight. Otherwise, the air power is not enough for their expulsion.
Do the “airguns” out of the bottle
Options for this are manifold but many of them involve shooting by squeezing the bottle. We consider one of the ways on how to make a gun with a trigger. He shoots pellets from air rifles.
Stock up on:
- bottle plastic 0.5 liter;
- a piece of rubber from a Bicycle inner tube;
- the hot-melt adhesive;
- the two fittings from the camera car or bike;
- a small wooden bar (it will handle);
- tube from the radiator of the refrigerator (this will be the trunk).
In a bar vertically drill hole depth of 5-6 centimeters. Side slightly above the drill one more hole (to the middle of the bar) – its diameter must match the diameter of the trunk, which should be put on the glue. The third hole is done through – parallel-the second, at a depth of 5-6 see him until the middle to insert a fitting, so this part will expand to its size. On the other hand this hole we’ll do the trigger screw.
The upper part of the vertical holes on the bar pour the hot glue. Into the bottle insert both fittings, one at the bottom, and the second tube. For leak sizing. Then screw the fitting coming from the neck at the proper place on the bar. Next, cut a strip of rubber and screw in the screw. Then insert the screw opposite the screw-in fitting and firmly glue the rubber strip. All the gun ready.
For shooting inserted into the barrel of the bullet and slightly pushed her with something long and narrow (for example, skewer for barbeque). Pumped air into the bottle, aim, push the screw and shoot.
From the pump
Option 1. Bicycle pump disassembled, and the resulting two metal tubes whose diameter varies. Now take the camera (off the bike) and cut it into long strips of width 1 see Now the phone that is thinner (barrel) and wrapped a strip tightly pushing it in a thicker tube. You can miss the mark with glue. Of wood cut the base of the gun is a convenient form, pridelava to him our design. Then make a wooden piston (the size of a thick tube), nailed to it 3 or 4 felt wad. Lubricated with grease on the inner part of the tube and felt.