Goose bird many favorite, but kind of, because it is different, but because every hunter wants to know what fraction it is better to take. Let’s start with the fact that we are not talking about the usual home of “gripping”, which the owners are fattened and prepared for the Christmas holidays.
Our bird is a game, and this duck is characterized by excellent instincts and increased fearfulness, which imposes its own characteristics that should be considered before hunting.
“Prepare sledge in the summer” or what to do before going on a goose
We live in a legal state, so, before you gear up and select the roll you need to learn all the nuances about permission and prohibition of hunting at the chosen game. Consult with friends and lawyers, are searching online, call the foresters of the district, where they intend to hold the path and so Received the green light, it is possible to do the selection fraction.
To get the goose is not as easy as we see it in movies or when we personally observe the actions of professionals. Speed and reaction time superior to the usual gripping wild ducks, much depends on the nature of their movement, which directly affects the choice of the fraction.
The shot distance
According to statistics, out of 100 hunters only about 10 people can boast of regular success in the production of geese. There is a clear rule – the more distance to your game, the larger must be the bullet, often used metal balls the size from 000 to 4. The lower the number the fraction is, the higher grows the sharpness of the shot, at the same time giving a greater number of slips, because one charge contains a small number of balls. The dilemma is simple – in both cases, there are pluses and minuses, but professional hunters have derived the rule depending on the remoteness of the bird.
Which shot to take given the distance:
- For a small (35-40 m) would be the best number 3 or 4, the water 6 or 5, for certain types of buckshot 7 or 8, it should be remembered about as good of field which should have weapons.
- In a large (45-50 m) has the meaning of No. 0000, No. 000, or 1, they have the highest sharpness. When the goose flies high, an important grouping of shots and the number and fraction of this size fits more.
- At maximum (50-60 m) experts suggest the fraction No. 3 mixed with starch from a standard rifle. Sometimes used containers wads with small buckshot to 40 mm, since they provide good accuracy, but in this situation it is necessary to consider the compliance of the narrowing channel of the receiver of the weapon.
Many hunters say that it is best they can get geese with medium and long distances it is the major fraction. And it also happens to be true, it all depends on what skill is better able to adapt. But most to increase the percentage of hits, many experts suggest to charge the barrel with pellets of different sizes and be sure to zero in advance.
How to do it:
- Formed of the target, which make cut out black paper silhouettes of birds on which to train accuracy, sharpness and stability of the shots.
- Next is the counting of the holes and, based on these data, hunter finally decides what fraction to use in a given situation.
However, the optimization process is not easy, there is no universal method, and the final skill is purchased individually in the training process.
Fraction and weapons
Goose bird not only careful, but also strong, able to quickly hide from view and in contact with it. That’s why when the select fraction is associated with the available weapons.
Consider some of the most effective and popular types:
- good old Soviet МЦ21-12 – gives good accuracy at extreme distances, the desired fraction No. 00 or 000;
- IZH-39Т and the IZH-27M-M – shotgun, perfectly optimized to hunt it on the goose, is often used pellet No. 2 and 0;
- МР153×760 – works well with the shot № 2 and № 000, is to take up arms with interchangeable tips, suitable in a narrowing of the barrel;
- “Winchester Super-X2” – its gas piston smooths out need roll No. 01, 00, 0;
- “Browning Auto-5 Magnum” – despite a decent weight, and a seemingly strong impact, due to the weight of the device and the barrel, handle, just. A definite plus in samozrejmosti, fraction № 1, 00, 0;
- “AL 390 Beretta” or “Beretta AL-391 Urika Gold Sporting” – time-tested, get the most good reviews from hunters, the fraction most often is number 2 and 000.
Any of the above types of weapons is characterized by scree fractions, and uniform thickening of the balls to the center of the scree depends on the optimal selection of the numbers of shot and the muzzle constriction. In addition, some species are used special nozzles, practice professionals suggests that the best of them are plastic, also suitable for stolovoe narrowing.
For example, for “Beretta-100” and МР153 best recognized as “pauchok” to narrow to 0.5, as for bird and small game.
Such a different goose
Professional hunters often joke that goose in the spring, autumn and summer is three completely different birds. In this joke only a share of humor, of course, it’s the same geese, just on the behavior of birds is really affected by seasonality, and behavioral changes, in turn, say veteran hunters that roll need to be different.
Geese, fraction and seasons:
Hunters are advised to take advantage stradcom and cuculinae baits that allow you to sneak up on the target as close as possible. But despite all the tricks on spring goose often have to hunt on the fly, at least on the water. In the first case, the pros recommend adjusting the power of the shot and accuracy of shot in accordance with the distance in the second shoot back to the side that it was hit right on, because the wild webbed – the holders of a thick almost impenetrable sternum.
If you do the shot in trail, the chances of defeat are reduced in two times, and a major fraction in this case is to shoot useless. However, the spring goose hungry goose, who is vigilant and becomes less cautious, hunting in spring is a chance to shoot it in a larger fraction increased significantly.
This time of year the wild geese leave for warmer climes and a respite stop for water. However, the easiest way to beat them is on the fields and open places, which, as in the spring, organize a staged space-bait. Geese see the stuffed birds that are tasty and easy to eat and soothing, flies pokroetsya, where they meet the hunters. Goose autumn unlike the spring of a hungry duck, not gonna risk it for the extra baby food, sensing the slightest danger, in this season of his gut works much more acute, because the sense to use numbers buckshot is virtually none.
This goose is actually a strange unpredictable “friend”, it is worth to stock up on all the possible types of shells and to account for any behavior of the birds. It all depends on personal observations of birds and their habits.
In addition to orientation to the seasonality that affect the behavior of wild geese, there are General guidelines and some secrets that you share with beginners to avid hunters.
What else you need to learn who wants to shoot the goose
The professional hunters of wild birds converge in some common points, which they publish in books and articles.
General rules and some tips
- Hunting is best done at dawn, because the night tricky birds send out scouts to observe the purity of the path.
- If you do not use special bait and hide in an ambush, are bushes, reeds, thickets of weeds and so to Arrange them it is necessary in the way in which the geese “take flight” pack.
- While shooting overhead on average and distant distances, it is better to use the side shot when the front sight without sudden jerks as if negates the target during its motion, the gun moves with purpose, not stopping. The moment between the fly and the head of a duck is visible clearance the size of his neck, it is necessary to press the trigger.
- If there was a mistake, the shooting should be conducted according to the technique of olupona given clearance for the width of the barrel and shoot while goose went down or began to fall. Then the weapon is transferred to the next feathered and all is on the circuit side of the shot, and if it misses, again on propono.
- The fine fraction also allows you to hit the target “bayonet”, it is necessary to observe an angle of about 70-80 degrees relative to the shooter. A crossing of the goose comes from the tail, then slide on the neck, and when you touch the head without stopping the movement of the weapon, pressed the trigger.
- The level of shooting is affected by the quality of the pellets. Experts advise not to use a gun, if you are not a Pro in making fractions, because any Viserbella it will reduce the accuracy. Today there are many finished products, which can be expensive to buy at any hunting store.
If you are going to shoot wild geese, it’s important to pay attention to many factors – the terms of the permission to hold the event, to study in detail the behavior of the birds, considering the season, carefully check the line weapons and numbers fractions, pre-shoot at targets.
If you doubt that you will be able to provide for themselves, should seek the advice of an experienced friend or a qualified staff of specialized stores that will tell you many things. The rest you will quickly learn to hunt in the process of purchasing my own experience.