Each pet in certain periods of life begin to appear health problems that are associated with the skin. In order to rid the pet from the discomfort, it is necessary in the complex treatment include anti-inflammatory drugs.
One of the most popular drugs is “Stop itch”, which allows for a short period of time to hide all the symptoms of inflammation of the skin.
Release form and composition
The drug is “Stop itch” sold in veterinary pharmacies in two forms of issue, the composition of which differs from each other.
- Spray. The composition of the drug includes lidocaine hydrochloride, chloramphenicol, calendula extract, metronidazole, triamcinolone. The volume of each bottle is 30 ml, visually fluid like water (clear, odourless, density are identical). Implemented in a cardboard box, the kit also includes instructions for use and syringe dispenser.
- “Stop itching: suspension”. In suspension, the drug is sold in vials with a volume of 10 and 15 ml. container with contents is placed in a cardboard box, the kit includes instructions for use and syringe dispenser. The composition of the suspension consists of the following active and auxiliary substances: chloramphenicol, 5 mg, triamcinolone – 0.5 mg of lidocaine hydrochloride, marigold extract and so on.
Pharmacological properties of the drug “Stop itching”
- “Stop itching: suspension” when released in the digestive system of the animal and capable of providing effective comprehensive anti-inflammatory effect. Thanks to succinic acid and methionine possible to quickly suppress all the manifestations of allergic reactions, accelerate the regeneration and inhibiting inflammation. Synthetic glucocorticoid – triamcinolon plays a supporting role, complementing the anti-allergic effect of the above components and helps to eliminate edema.
- “Stop itching: spray.” In the preparation includes triamcinolon, which effectively inhibits the expression of inflammatory processes on the surface of the skin as prednisolone and chloramphenicol adversely affect fungi and infections of various origin, which are localized in the damaged areas of the body of the animal. In the preparation includes lidocaine, which relieves all pain syndromes, the animal ceases to exhibit restless behavior. Calendula extract shows potent bactericidal properties, is actively inhibiting pathogens, but also promotes healing of skin and hair of the animal.
Indications for use of the drug
The drug is “Stop itching: suspension” for cats or “Stop itching: spray” is indicated for use in the course of the following diseases or conditions:
- Complications involving fungal infections;
- The manifestation of allergic reactions. The bites of insects;
- Dermatitis of various origins;
Each of these States is accompanied by various adverse symptoms, which result in deteriorating health of the animal, are formed redness, no appetite and worried about severe itching.
Contraindications and side effects
The drug is in suspension or spray has a list of contraindications except hypersensitivity to the drug components or manifestations of allergic reactions. It is not recommended to take the drug to pregnant cat or during lactation, but also greatly weakened the animals, due to long illness or surgery.
As for side effects, sometimes the behavior of cats can be observed excessive sleepiness, depressed mood, disruption of the gastrointestinal tract, accompanied by retching and diarrhea. If you have been diagnosed with symptoms of the above symptoms, the drug should be discontinued immediately and replace it with other existing analogues.
“Stop itch” for dogs
Indications for use
Any inflammation in dogs associated with the manifestation of allergic reactions, can be treated using specified medications.
The drug is indicated for use in the course of the following diseases or conditions:
- Inflammation that have been caused by insect bites;
- Progressive stage of alopecia;
- Dermatitis, atopic belonging to the type;
The use of medications indicated for for lesions of the upper layers of the epidermis, complicated by primary or secondary bacterial cases are reported.
Contraindications and side effects of “Stop itch” for dogs
The drug in spray form and suspension is contraindicated in the next conditions and diseases:
- The lactation of the animal;
- During pregnancy;
- The presence of viral diseases;
- Diabetic disorders.
Immediately stop taking the drug is necessary for the manifestation of the signs of hypersensitivity or intolerance to the drug components. Disorder of the digestive system redness or visible inflammation of the skin, increased itching, the most common signs of side reactions of the dog.
Hello to all visitors of the forum! I am a veterinarian with 10 years of experience. I have seen a lot and from experience, I came to the conclusion that Stop the itching is a wonderful medication that I always prescribe to their dogs and cats who are faced with inflammatory diseases. In 92% of cases the drug is accompanied by a positive effect, and side effects are extremely rare.