Subject to the suggestions and running instructions offered in the User Guide, normal examination of the official supplier will make certain ongoing operation of the snow sled.
During the event of malfunctions, the guideline will certainly assist quickly to get rid of the break down that has actually occurred.
To find out what triggers the reverse gear on a snow sled, the reverse gear can fly out, make a diagnosis, and also see the causes of malfunctions:
- unforeseen substitute of oil or filter element;
- use reduced-top quality oil;
- wrong driving style (aggressive);
- long driving at maximum rate;
- sharp braking.
An additional factor is the absence of structural components (flaws), natural wear, which materializes itself after 15,000 km.
Regular indications of transmission malfunction, variator transmission on a Lynx snowmobile
- lack of reverse equipment and also seems in the gearbox.
- knocks at the checkpoint.
- difficult switching of back as well as onward speeds.
- inadequate speed dial.
- smooth downshift.
To resolve the troubles, it is essential to take the procedures that the maker suggested in the guidelines, in addition to adhere to the referrals of the snow sled, which encountered the same breakdown, however efficiently removed them.
|Failure signs and symptoms||Solutions and causes|
|Rate is acquiring slowly reasonably recently under the exact same operating problems. Especially visible after stopping||A) Check the variator belt. Often the wear of this component is the source of malfunctioning devices. Change the belt if its width is 3 mm less than the brand-new.
B) Look at the size between the pulley sizes and evaluate the deflection angle of the variator belt. If there is a huge bend or the length between the pulleys is small, then get in touch with the producer (instructions).
|C) View the driven disk of the driven pulley. If the disk is damaged, it has to be transformed to a brand-new one.
D) Check spring tension.
|Unable to accelerate under normal conditions to optimal rate at optimal speed||A) Inspect the snowmobile for paragraph one of the table.
B) Adjust the tension as well as evaluate of the driven sheave.
|CVT roughly downshifts under the same operating problems||A) Adjust the springtime stress of the follower. If the tension is weak, then there is an opportunity of damage.
B) Inspect the centrifugal regulator bushings. If there is contamination, yet the problem is regular, after that tidy the bushings. If they wear, replace.
|B) Inspect the play on the drive pulley-block disk. Change disc centers if the backlash is not functioning appropriately.|
What to do if the reverse rate crunches or the reverse gear is missing
If there is no fixing experience, it is far better to speak to a specialist who will certainly learn specifically why the Lynx 500 has lost the reverse equipment, and also will make the repair work. If you have the time as well as want, you can repair the devices on your own, complying with the guidelines from the manufacturer.
If reverse equipment has gone away, after that a possible root cause of this malfunction might be wear on the limiter and also weak chain stress. To fix the issue, examine the latter and also tighten up, if required. If there is a knock in the gearbox, after that tighten up the chain. If change is not feasible, replace it.
- Unscrew the locknut of placement 32 of the modification screw to position 33 in the chain.
- Wrap an adjusting bolt by force of fingers. As quickly as it is difficult to transform the screw by hand, you need to loosen the screw and quit in the instructions back — — the drive chain will be tensioned normally.
- Change the space to ensure that it is no more than 0.1-0.3, in instance of a trouble with the stop, using the readjusting bolt. Change with strong wear.
Interest! If “crackling” takes place or grinds when reverse gear is engaged, change the chain tension making use of the tensioner and placement limiter 35. When a “squeal” shows up, adjust the length of the pin of the bar utilized to turn around gear.
Gearbox analysis Do in the list below series:
- remove the engine muffler;
- divide the drive of the reversing bar from the reverse gear control;
- flex the counter washer under the screw of the axis situated in the center;
- loosen a screw;
- unscrew 4 nuts of installment of a cover;
- eliminate the muffler placing brace;
- open the drain plug, drain pipes the oil into the nose of the snowmobile;
- get rid of the cover by pulling it and raising it to ensure that the fork opens;
- thrust ring;
- drain the oil with the opening of the sock right into the container;
- unscrew the screw of the tension structure completely and also pull back the tensioner;
- transform the screw of the limiter adjustment as far as it will go;
- loosen up two gears — — top as well as reduced, having previously bent the mustache on the counter washing machines;
- remove the adjustment washers, the gear of the reverse gadget from the central component,
- a steel level disk, a flexible steel strip bent by a spiral, along with a ring, a gear wheel, including a spline steel tube that decreases rubbing at the location of support of the lower shaft;
- take out the leading celebrity (smaller sized), chain as well as the middle celebrity (little);
- get rid of the lower celebrity (small) with the set up flange, fingers as well as elastic steel strips bent by a spiral;
- take out the steel tubes used to decrease friction at the point of assistance of the shaft as well as the metal level disk of the upper bearing;
- release the bearing.
If there is an absence of experience, it is advised to consult a specialist to take apart package.
Caring for the transmission contains adjusting the chain tension, the limiter clearance, checking the oil level and also transforming it regularly.
Chain Limiter Bolt Adjustment:
- with the cover removed in position 2, make a clearance;
- loosen up the lock nut, put the dipstick, tighten up the bolt, tighten the lock nut tightly;
With the cover placed, loosen the lock nut, then tighten the bolt with the force of your fingers, unscrew it a quarter of a turn. Holding the bolt with a wrench, tighten up the locknut.
Gearbox oil modification:
- launch the snow sled to the right at an angle;
- turn the cork to position 26;
- drain the oil through the hole in the sock into the vessel;
- screw the cork;
- add 300 ml of brand-new oil via the filler plug.
Check the oil level in the transmission every thousand kilometers.
Extra repair work as well as price of spare parts
After seeking advice from a specialist and also diagnosing a Lynx snowmobile, you may need to fix such components:
- leading shaft Lynx upreared — —
- 8500 p. variator — 4800 r.
- change lever fork — — 550 r. the sleeve of the variator, chain tensioner and transmission — — 1900 p.;
- fundamental sleeve — — 1100 r.
- ; transmission drive — — 1950 r.; cone and also variator cover — — 4000 r.;
- gearbox finger — — 340 rubles.
In order to protect against high repair work prices, timely diagnose the snowmobile and also change the required components.