You can grow not only pets and also plants, yet also such animals as earthworms. Just some of their species– and there are, according to some quotes, concerning eight thousand– responsive to artificial reproduction.
Among them is the red worm, also called the « California » name the us specify where for the first time in 1959 began to reproduce. After the first effective experience of this procedure was advertised, as well as since then the growing of earthworms began to spread out in several countries, including Russia and also Ukraine.
That red Californian worm (being used « Californian »)is reasonably conveniently expanded by synthetic ways, is not surprising: he is the outcome of conventional reproducing dung of the worm. It is very easy to find out with the elongated body of dark red shade with purple mother-of-pearl tones, prelucrata from the abdomen and also is separated into sections. Adult length is in between 6 and also 9 cm, thickness 3 to 5 mm, its weight ranges from 0.2 to 1 Gy. Body temperature does not go beyond +19 -20 levels.
Some physical indications– e.g. life span– the 2nd is way ahead of her « wild » rain sibling. The variety of births in the very same cocoon it ranges from 2 to 20 individuals, while the regular– from 1 to 4 (an optimum of seven newborn worms from each species tape-recorded in southerly Europe). The ripening capsules of the red worm from two to three weeks. Regularity of intercourse– weekly, beginning with the moment he gets to maturation (at the age of 3 months), given cozy bedding for him. Average worm copulates once in a half and a month.
It is not unusual that the popularity of this range is boosting every year, as well as the variety of those engaged in its growing. In numerous nations, there are also business of cervesato. Just how to select the right product
Breeding red worms in your home is still not the common line of work for the residents of the previous Soviet Union. Cervetti assert that there is absolutely nothing challenging about it, nonetheless, as in any kind of round of human task, here too there are subtleties, depends on preserving the success of the started company.
The nuances start with the choice of the worms. To buy promptly, juveniles as well as cocoons, along with their native substratum only in specialized bermasalah authorised. When picking is necessary to pay attention to activity and shade of hearts it need to be succulent red and also the types live and vibrant, tending to avoid straight light (Californians do not really like light). Quality animals shall be a minimum of fifteen hundred individuals.
Preparation of substrate as well as food The next step is to prepare the own garden compost which the worms will require to gradually accustom. As you recognize, among their biological attributes is addictive to a certain kind of food and the difficulty, otherwise unfeasibility in the future to get used to the other. In this respect, they are not extremely much gotten rid of from their ancestors-cousins, so to accustom them to the brand-new food need to be progressive and also preferably from birth.
The basis for garden compost is manure, aged from 3 to 6 months. To get it in the yard or the city the private sector might be bothersome, yet if you request for, this problem can be solved, the preferable any kind of droppings goats, bunnies, pigs, chickens, cattle. The distinction between the types just in regard to exposure, for example, for the fermentation rabbit as well as goat manure have less time for pork and also chicken– a lot more. To improve the high quality of resources you can (and must) include smashed egg shells, food scraps, leaves fruit and vegetable crops, weeds are additionally permitted to add approximately 20 kg. lime-peat mixture per 1 lots of the food preparation substrate.
Future compost, make certain to moisturize, but regardless, do not make use of chlorinated water: chlorine for worms is toxin. You should make use of either rain water or chlorinated gone for 2 or 3 days (throughout which time the chlorine will certainly be gone, as well as water can be used). The frequency of dampness– every 2 to four weeks, the level– as much as 60%.
Some people recommend to utilize to moisten the compost do not water, even merged, and EM-preparations (for instance, Baikal EM-1), which, in their point of view, speed up the disintegration of natural deposits and of themselves highly eye-catching to worms.
The maximum acceptable « age » of manure– two years: hereafter duration, it dramatically minimizes the number of needed as well as useful materials for worms, and it is allowable to use just as an additive when fermenting of the continuing to be organics. Additionally, experienced cervetti not suggested to make use of fresh manure: initially, when it stresses out, the temperature increases to 70-80, and the worm passes away, as well as second of all, it consists of a big quantity of ammonia and chlorides (as we have already discussed, chlorine and also chloride compounds harmful to worms).
In addition to manure, to garden compost are additionally utilized grass, weed the weeds, and also leaf litter act as the food of various natural wastes, such as:
- Only plant residues without any meat additions, tops and ruined and also cooked veggies. As well as the remains can be any type of: potato, cabbage, carrot, beet cleansing, banana peels, Apple cores, coffee grounds, utilized tea, and cake left over from wine making. It is far better to avoid utilizing citrus: checking numerous cervesato, they just increase the acidity of the tool, which after that will need to battle.
- Bread, and even a musty biscuit.
- Non-dairy cereal.
- Fine-grained egg covering, which is sprayed with a great deal to stay clear of the increase of its level of acidity.
Some resources add to this list, straw, chips, sawdust, as well as a well-dented, moistened and smashed cardboard and also paper. The innovation of creating stacks is really easy: everything collaborates as well as occasionally dampened for at least 3 months. Periodically it is desirable to stir, but so as not to create damage to Californians.
After three to 6– month duration, you can examine the preparedness of the gotten garden compost. Below’s how: select about a dozen worms, placed them on wet surface and also observe the actions. If after a few mins they creep right into the substratum, after that it prepares; if the people lie on the surface area and raise their heads, so he still needs job.
In its manufacture likewise need to stick to specific needs– for instance: The vegetable skins as well as Apple cores prior to adding it is preferable to grind in a meat grinder, to assist in the worms and also eating them.
- You can regularly pour a lot of poloskami containers of sour cream as well as yogurt as well as watered down in a ratio of 1:5 residues of yogurt. Use pure kefir is not advised: it is able to prompt an increase in the level of acidity of the substrate as well as the development of musty fungis and worms that will certainly finish in tears.
- It is useful also to pour into future garden compost earth or fine river sand– this enhances the food digestion of worms.
- You can’t place in a bunch from a lot of food, or else it will raise the acidity and also the fermentation will start. A new batch must be added just after the previous is consumed. It is understood that a person day the worms are able to process the quantity of food equal to its weight, so understanding the mass of grownups and their number, it is easy to compute the frequency with which they will have to add a new portion.
Where and just how to settle Californians
The third phase consists in preparing the containers.
In this capacity, most often used:
- Plastic boxes. They are favored just in cases when the intended wintering the worms in a cozy space.
- Wooden boxes with an elevation of 30-40 cm, a makeshift, mounted on special racks with a width of 100 centimeters To keep the called for efficiency (is really heat-loving Californian), you can cover them with tape.
- Ridge, including directly in the garden dug in the middle with tiny holes.
- The compost heap (concerning their production, we chatted a little higher) or the pit (though it need to be kept in mind that not all cervetti accept of this approach).
- Burty (box). Enough the following measurements: size 2 meters, elevation approximately 50 cm Length can be any type of. If you plan to have several loads, in between them it is recommended to establish the width equal to the flow of yard vehicle, which transported the finished vermicompost and also provided food, plus 20 centimeters.
In any one of these abilities, you can put a little substratum (enough thickness to 40-50 centimeters) with the new food, to lay a small layer of hay, leaf or straw clutter and also begin the negotiation of worms. We advise that you first clear up in a sample of fifty or a hundred individuals to observe them. If they live, the garden compost appropriates; if at the very least 5-10 worms are killed, in the substratum enhanced the level of acidity or alkalinity. The acidity can be adjusted by the enhancement of a small amount of limestone or chalk, alkalinity– straw, sawdust or leaves.
The optimum efficiency, which need to be followed when expanded Californians are the following:
- The level of acidity level of 6.5– 7.5 pH. At high/low prices all individuals will perish.
- Temperature has to do with +25. At reduced temperatures the worms will certainly be worse to consume and to reproduce, and also at +5 as a whole will certainly die.
- The moisture of the substratum at the degree of 70-85%, which is close to the degree of the water content in the body of the worm. The importance of this indication claims a minimum of the truth that the humidity listed below 30-35% of their sluggish advancement, and at 22% listed below the worms are killed. For irrigation you can utilize as a normal watering can and also trickle pipe.
You can additionally utilize 2 containers of different sizes. In the smaller sized, with a perforated base (to be drained pipes of excess wetness), fit the finished compost, it runs worms, and then it is put in containers of larger quantity. Design typically covered with a thick cloth. Wetness passing through the substrate and also collects in the huge capacity tray can be used for sprinkling blossoms and also plants, due to the fact that it, washing away a few of the humus of the smaller product packaging is really high quality plant food.
Some attributes of breeding The growing of Californians is best to start in the warm period, because at +6, they discontinue to consume, and at +4 clear the gastrointestinal tract and also fall into suspended computer animation. In the finished, laid the compost is inhabited by 1-3 households per 1 square meter, and in a number of months to begin to select multiply worms according to this scheme: they are not fed for 2 or three days, then on the top of the container for one day put the small– just a 7-10 cm layer of fresh compost, which is after that eliminated. Repeated numerous times. When at the bottom, the currently refined substrate are only cocoons, juveniles as well as a mild (no greater than 5%) the percentage of adult individuals, picked worms transfer to new boxes, clamps or other containers or utilized for application.
How to prepare worms for the winter Prior to the start of winter ability of worms needs to be brought right into a warm room or effectively protected. If the worms are contained in piles, on top of them require to lay a layer of fresh compost or manure fermented with a thickness of 25-40 centimeters, the leading forty– pyatidesyatimetrovy layer of hay or straw as well as moisten with cozy non-chlorinated water. On top of the lot can be covered with black tape.
These layers will work as both a thermal insulator as well as the food that the worms will certainly begin to feed in very early springtime after waking from hibernation, as well as also feasible (however optional) cold of the top layer of concerning 10 centimeters will certainly be fatal for them. Additionally, a considerable section of the compost will be recycled into vermicompost, so that by the time of the yard job you need to prepare a great plant food. A lot of such clamps as a makeshift boxes not intended for moving in a warm area, no bottom since, according to experienced cervetti, if worms are not satisfied with something, they bury much deeper, yet will absolutely be back, since the rim is their indigenous breeding ground.
Some cervetti, based on my own experience, suggest that a heating system can serve not just manure, straw or hay, however also the foam with mineral wool.
The range of the Californian worms are unusually wide. They are made use of not just in fishing (and also, according to professionals, they get in real-time a lot longer than average earthworms), however additionally personal as well as ranch farming as a feed additive in the diet of fish, farm animals and also birds. Nevertheless, there are two crucial subtleties: initially, the proportion of this additive should not be greater than 3-5% to the basic supply; second, the worms require to be cleaned up. That is, prior to it is added to a person’s diet, they need to be washed for 5 days to endure without garden compost to the intestinal tracts cleansed.
On top of that, worms are reproduced like pests, refining organic product into premium, organic fertilizer with prolonged activity, which consists of lots of beneficial for the dirt elements. In those areas where there are unfavourable for crop soil (clayey dirt, and so on), such a plant food is a real boon, especially as the term « cooking » worms generally no more than 3 to four months, and for a more abundant land it is not superfluous.
Furthermore, worms make use of in crop production– as in the home or greenhouse is to feed and also feed mills. As well as if they make use of for angling that no difficulty will not be about the end result of their application in farming the following is understood. According to Dr. Thomas Barrett (1884– 1975) that first started reproducing Californian worms, many thanks to revamped their vermicompost he can grow on his ranch carrots weighing nearly 3 pounds, as well as turnips evaluating 3 as well as a fifty percent, and from one hectare to more than 80 lots of onions and also greater than 100 tonnes of potatoes.
Considerably raised the grain yield. It’s hard to state whether it is true or not, but you can always try to duplicate those accomplishments? From an environmental viewpoint the earthworms seems fascinating as well as really promising choice to the currently existing technologies of recycling of several organic wastes and is able to substantially enhance the top quality also maloletni or perhaps improper to farming land.