Mystery Tackle Box posted a video clip on their YouTube network of Alex highlighting his favored features from the Googan Squad Blooper. Learn just how, when, and also why to fish this slick surface area appeal.
Topwater popper ideas from the only Alex Peric. Watch along as Peric breaks down the brand-new Googan Squad Blooper in a fast and also very easy on the water video clip. While AP is understood for his silly shenanigans, he’s likewise a solid bass stick, particularly with a topwater popper.
Key Blooper Features
Popper Fishing 101
A topwater popper is a floating lure developed with a cupped mouth and baitfish account. Poppers typically have two treble hooks with the back hook usually being feathery. Fishermens create an unique blooping and standing out sound with poppers by imparting quick twitches to their the rod idea. Poppers are understood for imitating the action of baitfish as well as insects which bass eat at the water’s surface area. Like all topwater lures, poppers generally function best in water temperatures over 55 degrees.
Work your rod with quick twitches on a slackline while keeping the pole tip high, this will aid create the distinct “bloop” sound.
Perics Popper Points
- Peric utilizes 30lb Googan Squad Braided Line on a spreading rod with his Blooper
- He likes to keep slack in his line to help his lure stroll backward and forward
- Peric has seen that topwater Poppers capture smaller sized fish, particularly education bass. This makes the Blooper a great “numbers lure”
- Peric thinks the better you obtain this bait to cover the better chance at obtaining a bite, specifically throughout sunup as well as sundown.
- Peric fishes his popper near shad as well as cover since he believes bass are eating small baitfish at these times.
- He likes to function the Blooper with slack in his line while moving the pole tip up and down for an enhanced activity.
The Bloopers has a set of Rumble Strips related to the it’s tummy for a raised look and also activity.