Fishing on a diversion leash does not belong to the classics, although it is used quite often by anglers. This type of equipment is also called Moscow, the main difference from other types of spinning fishing will be that the bait and the load are in different thicknesses, that is, simply separated.
The most commonly used diversion leash on perch, pike, perch on the course and in stagnant water.
Spinning on a jig brings good results, but, as practice shows, fishing with a branch leash works many times more productively . Collect tackle is not difficult, the main thing is to know all the components of gear, to choose them correctly.
To collect gear you must have:
- Correctly chosen rod and reel.
- The appropriate thickness of braided cord or monofilament line of good quality.
- Lead material or fishing line.
- Quality hooks.
- Bait, silicone or other kind.
- Sinkers with an eyelet or swivel 15-30 g, depending on the fishing place chosen.
This is followed by work on the assembly of assembly, but first we will focus on a more detailed description of each component.
The form for this type of fishing is applied taking into account the fact from which it is planned to carry out the fishing:
- For casting from a boat, you need a shorter twig, 1.8-2 m is enough.
- Fishing from the coastline provides for longer forms, choose from 2.1-2.4 m.
Indicators of test loads depend on the reservoir; for fishing on a current, it is better to choose a rod with higher rates, 30-70 g, depending on the speed of the current. A reservoir with stagnant water will require less dough, the most common is a form with a limit of 20 g.
When choosing a rod, pay attention to the quality of the inserts in the rings, SIC ceramics and titanium insert are considered an excellent option.
A spinning reel is suitable for rigging the rod, which is selected depending on the length of the rod and the test performance. You should not put heavy options “meat grinders” with a baytraner or multipliers, the usual spinning fit as well as possible. The main characteristics are easy running, the presence of a bearing in the packer and the ability to withstand medium loads.
Main and lead fishing line
For catching perch and other predator species, it is better to use braided cord as the main one. Due to the smaller thickness and greater discontinuity, the windage decreases, which makes it possible to hook and easily remove even large individuals.
Depending on the test parameters and the purpose of fishing, cords are used with a thickness of 0.12-0.16 mm. In this case, it is desirable to touch the goods before buying, most manufacturers often overestimate the thickness indicators.
When buying a cord for spinning, pay attention to the number of veins. Preference is better to give options of 8 weaving.
The choice of the flood material is also important, depending on who is being hunted in the pond using different options for a leash:
- For fishing perch suitable quality fishing line 0,16-0,2 mm, it is better to give preference to fluorocarbon or monofila good quality.
- It is better not to fish a perch on fluorocarbon, for this predator it is necessary to have more materials. An excellent option would be a leash of tungsten or high-quality monks.
- Capturing a pike with such gear will go off without a hitch, if you use steel as a leash. The string has also proved itself well, the softness and strength of the material used will be an important point.
It is unlikely that it will be possible to buy ready-made gear leashes, manufacturers have not yet established industrial production of such long options. Yes, and installation, made with his own hands, inspires more confidence than the purchase.
For silicone baits apply hooks without load. The quality of the hooks used should be excellent, otherwise there is no escape. Capture of perch and pike is possible on the usual single, often equip silicone twins, some use a small tee in addition to a single. In places with a large amount of vegetation, they are used in off-sets, such a hook from a high-strength hoist is also suitable for catching a pike perch for this installation.
Choosing a single hook under the silicone bait is better to give preference to options with a large ear and serifs on the back side. A big ear will allow you to bind the leash without problems, and the serifs will not allow the bait to slip even with a strong current.
Several types of products are used as cargo:
- Considered the most common drop-shot. This option is an elongated type of sinker with a soldered swivel at one end. The weight of the product is different, it is used depending on the place of fishing.
- A drop on the swivel is used quite often too. The streamlined shape allows no hooks to pass through the problem bottom.
- Bullet-shaped cargo is no less popular among fishermen, at the sharper end there is a ring or swivel, which reduces the number of overlaps by several times.
Some prefer sinkers with wings, but this is already an amateur.
When collecting gear you will need such things as swivels and fasteners. Their quality should also be at the level, so that in the process of posting when hooking or catching a trophy copy, these elements of the installation withstood the load.
Assembling for catching perch and other predators is not possible without baits, which can be very diverse:
- Silicone bait, most often used twister and vibrotails. Crustaceans and worms from the subspecies of edible silicone are gaining in popularity. Such baits work great on the lake and on the river.
- Less commonly, small wobblers are used with a small shovel and suspension characteristic. This type of bait is used for.
- Small size oscillations and turntables are not very often used by anglers, but still some use them.
The size of all the above baits is relatively small, but it all depends on how large the fish lives in the chosen body of water and who is being hunted. Silicone of small size 3-5 cm prefers perch and small pike, 5-7 cm wobblers and tails will attract the attention of larger toothy and pike-perch on the river. Large-sized predators with great pleasure chase a worm 12 cm long and will definitely catch it.
Color preferences for each fish are individual:
- Installation for catching a pike perch is equipped with medium-sized silicone and in yellow-orange tones. A good option would be any vibrotail carrot shade with glitter or slightly lighter tummy.
- Pike and perch perfectly respond to acidic acids of bright-green color, yellow, green lemon twisters.
It should be understood that fishing on the diversion leash should take place with different nozzles, if the fish did not like the orange twister, it is replaced with a lemon vibrotail and so on.
How to wind the main cord on the coil should not be told, it should be able to do every self-respecting fisherman. Immediately proceed to the collection of equipment with a leash, sinker and lure.
The work is carried out in this order:
- The prepared piece of harness material is tied to a bait if silicone is used on a hook. Lure or spinners attach with a pre-installed fastener. The length of the leash can be different, it is at least 50 cm, the angler chooses the maximum length, usually it is no more than 150 cm.
- To the main attach the sinker, depending on what type of tackle they collect, they knit it through a swivel or in other ways.
- The closing step will be the mounting of the diverter lead just above the sinker.
Tackle is ready, you can throw and try to hold.
Mounting for pike, perch and perch can be of several varieties. Every angler chooses the one that suits him the most.
This species is considered the simplest used for fishing on the river and on the lakes. Collect it yourself under the power of the angler without any experience.
The assembly is carried out as follows:
- The weight on the swivel is fixed at the end of the main line or cord.
- Above by 20-30 cm mount the lead and the bait itself.
There are many ways to mount, each of which will be no less effective.
With triple swivel
By the end of the main line, they knit a triple T-shaped swivel. To the remaining ears, respectively, they knit the sinker on the bottom of the main line or cord at the bottom. The side ear serves as an attachment point for the leash itself.
For such installation, it is desirable to choose swivels with beads between the barrel and eyelets. Such a product will not cut the line when casting.
This type of installation is more suitable for experienced spinningists, since the beginning fisherman may have problems already when throwing gear.
The formation takes place as follows:
- A leash with bait dully fit in through the swivel to the main fishing line.
- In front of the leash, on the same swivel there is a sinker tied to a piece of fishing line or cord of the main diameter.
The leash under the load is set to no more than 30 cm, and in order to have a smaller overlap of the gear, you can install a stopper, which will limit the slip of the leash with the load on the main one.
This type of installation is convenient because you can change the location of the load, thereby increasing or shortening the length of the leash with the bait.
Catching a pike perch on such a mounting involves the use of longer leashes than catching a pike or perch.
How to attach the leash
Attaching a leash to the main in several ways:
- The loop in the loop is considered the simplest, it has been used for many years, it will not require the use of additional components, which will not weigh down the tackle itself.
- Mounting through the swivel is used quite often, such an installation will allow casting gear without overlapping.
- The swivel with a fastener is currently recognized as the most convenient for fishing. With the help of such assistants there are no problems with replacing the leash.
Each angler should choose a convenient installation independently.
Advantages and disadvantages of installation
Fishing with a diverter has many advantages:
- lures are thrown at various distances;
- the wind will not be able to prevent the casting of such gear;
- ready-made gear is sensitive enough;
- A wide range of different types of baits is used.
But there are drawbacks to such an installation. For some, they are not significant, and some will not be able to accept them:
- to collect tackle will have to spend a certain period of time;
- wiring time is longer than other snap-ins;
- no ability to control the snap;
- the probability of hooks and false bites increases.
Nevertheless, this method of fishing on the lake and on the river is quite popular, and recently it is gaining more and more fans.
Ways to catch
Posting abandoned gear for all types of fish is the same, the differences will be only used for tooling elements.
To be with a catch I catch with a drain leash is carried out as follows:
- after throwing the tackle it is necessary to wait for the moment when the load falls to the bottom, this is determined by the appearance of a weak spot on the stretched fishing line;
- it is at this moment that a small winding is made.
These are the basic rules of wiring, while the winding itself can be carried out quickly, with stops, or slowly. Experienced anglers are advised to do 2-4 turns of the coil, and then make a stop for a couple of moments, this is enough for luring the fish. To attract the attention of trophy copies during posting, you can optionally create a vibration with the tip of the rod.
It is important to ensure that during the pauses the fishing line is taut, if during this period a bite occurs, you should immediately hook up, sharply and confidently.
The bait on the diversion leash goes deep in the water, and the load is at the bottom, attracting the attention of a predator and not only. There are fewer hooks with such tackle, and you can catch large areas. Therefore, in many cases it is better to give preference to just such gear than to use jig