Winter fishing is consistently popular, despite the potential risk, because the most impressive catches fall on the first and last ice. Packed and baitless jigs are primarily designed for white fish, predators, the majority of anglers prefer to fish with lures.
These lures are not similar to those used by anglers in the warmer time of the year. For winter fishing using a vertical spinner, which differ in both form and features of the game. Fishing lures winter has a minimum of intersections with summer fishing: provide and bait (although some models are suitable both for summer and for winter, but there are not a lot of options) and the method of their presentation. There are the features in relation to the main object of fishing.
The main objects of fishing
In winter, trolling can be quite successful to catch the main predators of our waters – perch, pike and Zander. At the same as the shape and size of the baits and the technique of playing them. For the perch to fit the small bleszinki that differ depending on the conditions for which they are intended. So, for shallow water with no current (on the first ice predator often gather in such places) used models with a wide profile, but low weight. This approach gives the bait enough time to play and attract fish at shallow depths.
Options for large depths and currents have a narrow body and a large mass. About the same regularities in the construction of the lures seen in the models, designed for pike and Zander, Zander is that usually more narrow and elongated, pike have large surface area and a smoother, sweeping the game.
Selection of fishing rods
Winter fishing rod for fishing spinners are reasonably affordable, so it is advisable to have a few outfitted for catching different species of fish and under different conditions.
The requirements are relatively few:
- The length of the whip. For catching the nod will be sufficient 25 centimeters, and if the desired option is longer, 40-45 cm is the best choice and will ensure proper control of the lure and ease of the transaction. How is required when fishing in winter trolling a nod, still there is no consensus. It is believed that if the whip is flexible, and the weight of the lure and the expected catch is large, it is possible to catch without it, if the main object of catching medium – sized bass, the element of the set must be present. Well, if the rod design includes the possibility of replacing the whip, allowing to adapt under different conditions and spinners.
- The coil can be both open and closed. The main requirement is that the lack of scrolling in the time of hooking and playing, as well as the smooth discharge of the line when you press the lever.
- The material of the handle. The best options from cork or foam, they do not give a feeling of cold even in the frost. Balsa models are usually a bit more expensive, the foam is considered to be a budget solution.
Important! Some versions of ethylene vinyl acetate although seem warm in the conditions of the heated shop, but in the cold above the hole are pretty cool.
Snap of the winter fishing rods
The choice of fishing line depends on the object of fishing and models of spinning. For “balalaika” with closed coil design are more suitable for thinner variants with a diameter of from 0.08 to 0.12. This scaffold will be as inconspicuous in the water, and will go well with a miniature fishing rod, equipped with a soft whip.
Bigger fish like pike or walleye require stronger tackles. “Balalaika” for these purposes is not suitable, and the diameter of the used lines may exceed 0,16. It is better to choose a special winter options, as the material properties of such products does not change at low temperatures.
Varieties of lures
Winter spinners not a great variety. There is no division with spinners and wavering, as in the case of summer metal lures. Conventionally allocate shirokotelye planning models and heavy ash borer. The first is designed for areas of water bodies with shallow depth and absent or weak. Planning in the water, turning from side to side so the bait has time even at shallow depths to attract a predator. Perches winter baubles diamond a good example of a planning model. Heavy ash borer options such as carnations are also popular, they quickly reach the bottom, and a small surface area prevents the demolition.
Important! Don’t always purchase spinners play as it should. However, you can always affect the play of the lure, shifting the center of gravity by soldering in the right places portions of tin solder.
Also some anglers klassificeret winter spinners the fish that best responds to them. It is possible to allocate:
- Okunev. Relatively small, to 30 mm long, are made of different metals and their alloys in the form of bent metal plates with welded or secured using a chain or ring catchy hook. Tally directly to the line.
- Pike. Are large in size and broad body. Attached to the fishing line through the winding ring, as pike require metal leashes in order to avoid cut bait with bite the toothy predator.
- Zander. Also large, but compared with the magic models the body of such lures more narrow. Elongated shape, and bright color (the majority of anglers prefer a silver color when fishing for this fish) well mimic the main prey of pike.
Different winter spinners and ways of fastening hooks. It is possible to allocate following basic variants:
- rigidly welded single or double;
- rigidly welded tee;
- suspended over the crown ring;
- suspended on the chain.
Advantages and disadvantages of each method of attachment of the hook. A game with rigid fixation of the hook is more stable, the overlap for the main line are excluded, however, if necessary, replace the hooks, this can pose a problem.