When picking a fishing tackle it is necessary to pay close attention to each connection. If our grandfathers used 1-2 ways for tying hooks or lures, but now for each rig there are plenty of options. Not only do anglers have a new idea, but the manufacturers in the woods and lures proposing solutions. One such example is the node has Rapala. Where there was this interesting type of installation and what are its strengths?
Historical information about the node
The emergence of some of joints has become a dire necessity, due to the birth of new tackle and artificial lures. Mass fascination with spinning lures revealed a number of negative aspects related to the connection of the lure and line. It turned out that the hard of defeats the mobility of the crank. Predatory fish and mistrustful, the slightest failure in the game of bait.
To solve the problem of fastening the lure to a fishing line tried the specialists of the famous Finnish company Rapala. They noticed that when the Wobbler is connected to the filament sliding mounting, the fish bite better than a fixed attachment. Thus was born the popular Rafalowski node, which received the brand name of Jam Knot. This variant is recommended in the liner with the purchase of this wobblers Finnish company. What is the strengths and weaknesses of this type of connection bait and line?
The pros and cons
The invention of a new joint connections, designed for mounting or snap-in hooks, for several reasons.
- In the process of mating should be possible to maintain the strength of the line. This allows the use of thinner filament fishing.
- The hub connection should be simple, so even novice anglers could tie the hook directly into the pond. In some cases, involuntarily want to ask for help from colleagues in the fishing to get the end of the fishing line in a loop.
- Fishing knot to fit the element of the set which must be attached to the fishing line. So for mounting hooks best fit small nodules that do not notice the fish interested in the nozzle. But for baits that will move in the water column, allowed surround unit, but in a moving performance.
Not all anglers have adopted the invention of Finnish fishermen. What is holding back the victorious March of the connections among domestic fishermen?
- As for strength, the Rapala knot has fully meet the requirements of experts. The absence of strong excesses allows to maintain the tensile strength of fishing line at 90%. This type of connection can be used when using monofilament threads, and picking tackle braided cord.
- In the pursuit of education a non-slip loop staff Rapala missed such an important moment, as the volume of the node. And if applied to the lures of this figure is not critical, for small hook joint is not good.
- Many anglers who do not use a Finnish site, noted the complexity of knitting. If you do not have visual AIDS, to remember all the loops and bends is not possible.
What Lisky and what is used
Despite some negative moments in the formation of the joints from Rapala, it has huge potential.
- The Finnish bundle is a universal option for different types of fishing line. This is the best option when you want to generate nezateylevaya loop with a slight loss of strength of the thread. But the most impressive results shows Rafalowski site on fluorocarbonic Lisky.
- Fishermen use this type of connection for mounting on the fluorocarbon swivel. Most often, a tight leash does not provide the necessary mobility of the nozzle. Thanks to the combination of swivel, fluorocarbon leash and Rafalowska site it is possible to achieve the required mobility and reliability.
- The flyfishing has also found use the Finnish connection. The use of a leash of Monolake or braids do not always provide the necessary mobility of the flies. Because of this suspicious fish sees the bait, but doesn’t attack. The site helps when fishing heavy flies and streamers.
- Spinning in fishing to tie the main fishing line with a lure or lure only if likely to bite pike. From the sharp teeth of the predator only saves metal leash, which features a rolling installation of the bait. In other cases, the use Rafalowska node allows to increase the efficiency of our bait, a Popper or a Walker.
Technology of formation of the Finnish burl
To secure the lure, swivel or hook with Rafalowska node, you need to pay attention to a few nuances.
Cut fishing line or a braided line should be flat and smooth. It is not allowed to damage and spiral sections.
Technological chain of formation of the knot as follows.
- Stepping back from the edge of the line of 25-35 cm is the usual single node. It is not necessary to proceed to the end, leave a loop with a diameter of a little finger. The end cut should be about 20 cm.