For catching bream bait is of great importance . When searching for food sites, this fish is mainly oriented with the help of its olfactory organs.
Good bait can attract fish from a distance, and then keep it in one place.
Here are the main arguments in favor of bait:
- A bream is a schooling fish, walking in groups of three, but more often twenty to thirty individuals. When fishing, the angler attracts not one fish, but many at once, and this can ensure success during fishing.
- Bait has a greater molecular weight than just a nozzle. When concentrated at the bottom of the reservoir, it creates a significant flow of feed odor particles, which give a trace in the water that can be seen at a very long distance. Such a footprint can attract bream from a greater distance than just a fragrant hook attachment. For example, the smell of a fresh loaf of bread can be distinguished only from a short distance, but the smell from the bakery plant is already felt from a couple of kilometers away.
- Bait allows you to delay a flock of bream for a long time and allows you to attract new ones. Bream is a voracious fish, and it needs a lot of food for growth and development. Significant areas of food give a signal that it makes sense to spend forces on movement and there is a lot of food for the whole pack.
- During the summer, bait is especially effective. Water has a higher temperature, and smells in it spread much faster due to higher osmotic pressure. It is in summer that amateur anglers catch most of their bream catch in a year, and it is in the summer that it is best to use bait. In the cold season, the effect of bait will be undervalued several times.
- Often caught on vegetable bait and animal nozzle, which stirs in the water and creates vibrations. The bream instinctively begins to search for live food on the prikormochnoy spot, attracted by the smell, with the help of the senses and the lateral line. He will find a live nozzle quickly enough.
- Bait can attract flocks of small fish almost immediately. Although it is not a target for catching, a flock of bream will approach the flock of small things quickly enough, since the instinct of survival and the seizure of territories will work. Prikormochnoe spot in this case will be an additional factor holding the bream in place fishing.
- Even when a flock of bream is frightened to catch fish or to approach a predator, it will still be close to the place of bait. After the threat, according to the breams, has passed, they will soon return and the fishing will continue.
- A large amount of tasty food makes the bream forget about caution and not too much react to cutting or dropping the weight. Small bream do not go away even after one of their brethren was pulled out of the water on a hook with the noise. In general, bream is quite shy fish, catching one in the usual case is accompanied by the departure of the pack for a long time.
These were several arguments in favor of bait. It becomes obvious that using the most expensive and delicate tackle, but not using bait, the angler risks to remain without a catch at all. This confirms the practice and feeder fishing, and float. Bream attracts not the game nozzles and rod with a reel of a well-known company. He needs tasty food in large quantities, and only bait is able to give it.
Bait and harvests
What is the difference between bait and bait? Does it make sense to drag bream to the place of fishing? We need to figure out how they differ.
The bait is used by anglers to create an odor trail in the water, a bait spot on the bottom where the fish will find food. Not always prikormka can attract fish. For example, there are doubts about its effectiveness in the cold season, when the smell in the water spreads much slower. The density of water is much higher than the density of air, the molecules have a “short-range order”, and the osmotic pressure on the spread of odors is very important.
At the same time, salting is a way to attract fish from a certain water area to the place of fishing and train it to stay there all the time. Privada is a bait, which is done many times at the same time in the same place. After that, the fish gets used to being there all the time.
Some fish species, for example, crucian carps, roach, have a clear temporary memory, and it will even be suitable for a well-bred plot at a certain time of the day, when she was given food there. The effectiveness of harassment is the same in winter and in summer, just in winter, the fish need more time to get to the right place.
The bait should have an underestimated saturation component. Its goal is not to satiate, namely, to attract fish to the fishing spot, to tease its appetite and make the fish take the nozzle. It should be clearly visible, have a strong smell and not be very high in calories. At the same time, Privadda aims precisely to saturate the fish. Usually the angler catches fish by throwing a significant amount of feed into the water for several days in a row. On the day of fishing, the fish are thrown at far less feed, and she eagerly swallows the bait on the hook in search of it.
Bream – fish moving. He constantly moves along the riverbed, over the area of the lake, looking for areas rich in food. He does this because the flocks need a large amount of food. It rather quickly devastates bottom areas rich in larvae and nutritious particles, and is constantly forced to look for new ones. Even if the bait is done in large quantities, at the approach of the pack it will be exhausted in a couple of hours, if nothing scares it. Therefore, even when feeding the fish, you should take care of a large amount of feed for it.
Privada bream when summer fishing is used much less. The fact is that bream is found in reservoirs with a significant water area and has a moving nature in warm time. If the place of catch is accustomed, then one flock, another, and a third will approach it, until nothing remains of the food. The next day, it’s not a fact that it is the first flock that comes up – the fourth, fifth, and sixth will do. Thus, the fish do not develop the instinct to find food in the same place at a certain time, since the fish will be different all the time. Or it will be produced much slower.
However, if fishing occurs on a closed small pond, the effectiveness of the bait will be much higher than the bait. The fact is that the fish will create a limited point of catching, where the amount of feed will be several times higher than in the rest of the water area in general. Therefore, almost all the fish from the reservoir is going to hate. If a bream is caught in a pond, in a quarry, a small lake, where it is, then it already makes sense to use a bait.
However, modern fishing does not involve prolonged long-term feeding, the angler simply doesn’t have that much time, as they do not go fishing every day. In addition, the pressing of reservoirs leads to the fact that amateur with fishing rods and donks will flock to the place you respect, quickly determining a promising area, and you will have to share the success of fishing with the others. On the lake, the fish, even far from the coast, does not guarantee privacy either, since people travel with echo sounders, and a well-placed fish gathering will be found quite easily.
Therefore, the bait in our time is used only on forest lakes and ponds, far from fishing routes and seemingly unattractive, hidden behind fences and industrial zones, seemingly unattractive, but giving a good catch. The author successfully caught the celebrated crucians on the bio-fire ponds, a dozen kilograms per evening, where only he had access as a watchman and his boss, who had to give way to the place from time to time.
In winter, bream behaves a little differently. He becomes on the wintering pits, where he spends time settled. The bulk of the bream does not show activity, only some individuals feed from time to time. Having found such a winter parking, you should grab a certain hole on it and take it. Privet should be thrown at a certain time, in sufficient quantities. Gradually bream will get used to find food there and even in winter it will be possible to secure a decent stable catch if not shown to other fishermen. Otherwise, we can conclude that in summer, bait is preferable to bait when catching bream.
Types and composition of bait
Most people divide the bait into two types: shopping and homemade. This division is not entirely correct, as the shopping bait also varies.
Make it in the following way:
- Make up a mixture of different grains and waste of the baking industry: sponge cake, breadcrumbs, biscuit scrap, crushed unrealized bread, etc.
- In the mixture are added aromatic additives and flavorings, including sugar and salt. Add liquid in a certain proportion – water and various fats. Everything is thoroughly mixed and loaded into the autoclave.
- The mixture is heated under high pressure and is extruded – it explodes with increasing volume. The result is a homogeneous mass in which it is impossible to identify the components.
- Then the mixture is mixed with whole grains, mixed with various other extruded mixtures, additional grinding, adding other flavors, etc.
- The packaged mixture enters the counter, where it goes to anglers.
This is a fairly modern way that allows you to get a comfortable mixture. It is stored for a long time in packaged form, fully preserving its quality. If necessary, you can just add a little water, in accordance with the instructions, and you can begin to lure. The extruded mixture itself is very effective, as it gives the strongest jet of odor when released into the water due to the large total surface area of the fine constituent particles. This is necessary when catching bream.
However, extruded mixtures have some disadvantages. The fact is that the bream tries to find quite large nourishing pieces in the feed. The extruded mass itself, being completely washed out with water, of course, is of interest to it. However, he hopes to find pieces at the bottom. Simply, the grains that are added to the composition of the bait are too dry and not too interesting for this fish, which does not have strong teeth that can grind grain like livestock. In prikormku need to add large particles. In addition, if a trifle is very tight at the place of catching, it is able to completely destroy the bait of too small a fraction in a short time, but it is not able to swallow large pieces.
For wealthy anglers, using pellets is a good choice. This is a compressed fish food that becomes soft in water and lies in the form of small pieces for a long time. For the less well-off, a good solution would be ordinary livestock feed. It is slightly worse than pellets, which makes it possible to attract fish, and it will be better to use it than cheap pellets from an unknown producer. Of course, quality pellets are better. It must be remembered that when using pellets with a feeding trough, the latter should have a design that will prevent the pellets from getting stuck in it, and a sufficiently large volume. It is much more convenient to add pellets to the balls when fishing from shore to the bait or from a boat to a plumb line.
Another important part of the bait is the ground. This is usually a dark soil with a swamp origin – peat. This ground is common for fish. Add soil to the bait to create volume. It is noticed that the fish tries to keep on dark parts of the bottom, where it is less visible from above. Create such a spot, and even rich in food – this is the main task of the angler when fishing for both the feeder and the float. When fishing for ground bream in bait can be up to 80%, and this is quite normal.
Usually, when fishing, they first try to throw the starting fodder of a rather large volume. This is done in order not to frighten the fish with a large trough falling to the bottom or a mass bombardment of primormal balls, but to do it before fishing. It is in the starting zakorm soil should be a large part. Then make additional feeding in a small amount, but in this case, the soil is used much less or not at all. This is done in order to renew the amount of nutritious food on the feeding spot, where it is eaten up by fish.
There are also other supplements in prikormku – protein, live, aromatic, etc.
Homemade porridge for bream
Porridge is a traditional bait for many species of fish. It is less effective than extruded commercial food that can create an odor trail in water. Nevertheless, it combines the properties of pellets and extruded feed and can very well help fishermen who do not have the opportunity to buy ready-made bait in sufficient quantities. It is imperative to use a large amount of food for catching bream, since it is this that can attract a flock and keep it, and many cannot afford it.
There are many recipes for porridges for fishing. The author uses one of them. The recipe is quite simple. For porridge you will need split peas, millet or long rice, breadcrumbs.
The order is as follows:
- During the day, peas are soaked in a cauldron with water. It should swell well, take about one and a half times less pea than water.
- Add sunflower oil to water. It gives a smell and prevents burning. Cook this mixture over the slowest fire, stirring occasionally in a cauldron. Peas should be completely boiled soft. Be sure to make sure that the peas are not burnt, otherwise the porridge will spoil and the bream will ignore it!
- In the finished porridge add rice or millet. You can add both of them. Add gradually to thin gruel a little more thickened. Here you need experience, it all depends on how peas are caught. Usually you need to add 2/3 of the wheat from the amount of peas, or as much as rice peas. Do not be afraid that the slush will turn out – after cooling, the mixture thickens strongly.
- Cool porridge to room temperature. The result is a fairly dense substance, which is punched through a sieve.
- Breadcrumbs are added to the mixture. The mixture is packaged in a bag and placed in a refrigerator, where it can be stored for two or three days before fishing.
- Before using the mixture must punch through a sieve at the place of fishing. It can be added to the soil, used with a feeder feeder or in the form of balls for bait.
Such porridge is available, effective and perfectly suited for both bream and many other species of benthic non-predatory fish.