There are a huge number of similar tools created from a variety of materials and have individual characteristics. Despite this, find and buy a knife that would be applicable in most everyday situations, not so simple.
So, you need a knife that will cut well, lie comfortably in the hand and does not require additional care?
When choosing the most important to pay attention to:
- the handle;
- additional functions.
Knives, which are sold everywhere for widespread use, are not melee weapons. They are all designed only for domestic purposes.
Tips when selecting a product
Despite the fact that the selection tool is a highly individual process, there are basic guidelines on which to rely:
- If you don’t like to clean and sharpen the blade, you should pay attention to stainless steel – this knife is very unpretentious.
- You should also refer to the specific Rockwell scale – it relates to hardness of blade: the denser, the better it holds a cutting edge, but it can lead to fragility (it is recommended to choose somewhere in the range of 60 units).
- Another important factor when choosing products is not only the blade but also the handle. As long as it does not slip in your hands and conveniently lay in a hand. It can be made of wood, leather or modern materials (lifespan of much longer than natural).
You can choose any knife – folding or fixed – it all depends on your goals and personal preference. It is logical that the campaign preferred to put folding, which does not take up much space, but fixed the kitchen knife is convenient to hold in one position and in one place. The same goes for size and weight: for some purposes it is better suited great tools, but they are awkward to take them fishing, for example.
When selecting folding knives
If you want to choose a folding knife, besides the blade and the handle should pay attention to a very important parameter – closing mechanism.
These products are very convenient to use while Hiking.
- Back-lock – a very common mechanism for classical models. Simple and easy to use.
- Liner-lock provides a reliable method for fixing the blades.
- Compression lock. Tool this mechanism can be used regardless of whether you’re a righty or a Lefty.
- Axis-lock. The catch in this case – the spindle pin. This castle is safe even if you accidentally squeeze too hard the handle – it will not open.
- The mechanism plunge lock keeps the blade with the spring loaded pin.
There are other mechanisms for folding knives, each of them has its positive and negative sides. When selecting a product to think about, for what purposes you need it. For example, for hunting, fishing knives, Hiking, cooking, etc. they All vary in shape, weight and other parameters.