Despite a wide range of gear for any season of the year in the fishing shops of fans of ice fishing does not cease to invent improvised winter fishing. The main reason lies not in the desire to save, although this factor is present. For most domestic fishermen only home-made is able to provide preferences as convenience and efficiency. And many people in remote areas, due to the lack of specialized shops, fabrication of fishing gear is commonplace.
Winter gear are compact and easy to use, because the fishing from the ice suggests the presence of the angler right at the hole. This makes a wide scope for creativity and new inventions. What rods make anglers for ice fishing?
Types of homemade winter fishing rods
All homemade fishing rods for winter fishing can be divided into several categories according to the method of fishing. Ice-fishing is a multifaceted hobby of millions of Russians, everyone finds their favorite niche.
- The fine fishing of white fish and perch use with a float rod. It is completed with the attachment of the jig or plain hooks with a sinker. For such anglers, the fishing rod must have a stable position on the ice, and the stock of twine can be stored on a small spool or on the handle gear. Striking examples of this homemade bait is a filly, the name owes resemblance to a horse. Most often it is butkivka rod for stationary fishing.
- Another category of fishermen prefer to lead an active bezmetallny fishing on mormyshka. With this method of fishing the rod is all the fishing in the hands, it rises up and down, the angler makes the lure trembling and oscillating movement. To the hand is not tired, bizmathica is easy and convenient. There’s a multitude of options, in which the handle is made of cork or foam, but the main role is played by the nod.
- For catching of a predator on the balancer and the lure and anglers who make the long rods. The sheer trolling is to toss artificial lures over the bottom, where it needs to entice a predator to take. So the whip is long and hard, it is equipped with elastic pointer, and the handle may be made of wood or foam. It is important that the hands warm and comfortable to hold tackle.
- Postawski considered a passive tackle for catching such fish species as bass, walleye, trout, rotan. Hook clings to the bait fish or other bait, equipment is lowered into the hole, and the rod installed in a vertical position with a slight slope to the hole. The bite is determined by the bright Lodge. Usually set several postives, and the angler takes a position to clearly see all the gear (more on the choice of live bait for fishing, read our article).
Materials to create a winter fishing rods
The main elements of tackle for ice fishing are the handle and the whip. They can be made of different materials. Before you make a winter bait at home, you should choose for yourself the most acceptable variants.
What is a whip?
The whip rests a heavy responsibility for the quality of the wiring and the performance sweeps. Therefore, this item is handmade must be of optimal length and stiffness. Manufacturers budget fishing products typically use materials such as polypropylene or polystyrene. They quickly deform or break.
- A good polymer for the manufacture of whip is fiberglass. It will fit most types of winter fishing rods.
- When you want to penetrate the hard mouth of a pike or walleye, it is best to use a whip made of carbon fiber.
- Traditional material for the manufacture of the whip has long been a juniper. And now some anglers are successfully using on their rods.
As for the length of the whip, for mormyshkas tackle it is limited to the size of 20-30 cm, bleszinski use larger elements (50-70 cm).
Materials for the handle
One of the main requirements to a handle is convenience, ease and comfort. But it should be firm enough to stably attached to the whip.
- Our grandfathers pens were made mostly of wood. It is pleasant to hold with your bare hand, it is well processed and is durable.
- In place of the wood came today such modern materials as the tube of dense foam, polystyrene foam. They have a lightness and buoyancy, well handled, not frosted over.
The best homemade products for winter fishing, examples of manufacturing
Invented a lot of homemade products that are different and the manufacturing complexity, and weight, and cost. Every fan of ice fishing, I want to tackle for winter fishing with their hands was simple, affordable and effective. Therefore, we focus on several options that will be able to implement any angler.
Create besttelki for 10-15 minutes
The use of such baitless lures, as “devil,” the goat”, “uralka” or “nymph” allows you to catch roach, bream or perch without fixing small moth in the cold. But to give these baits most likely the game required a light and sensitive rod. It can be done in 10-15 minutes, if in advance to prepare all the necessary details.
- A small pen is easy to make from a champagne cork or piece of Styrofoam, giving it the desired shape. The pen will simultaneously serve as a kind of spool for storing fishing line.