The choice advised to be extensively and thoroughly. First of all, think about the fishing conditions. Big river or small river, big lake, forest lake deaf. To equip spinning under specific conditions you need to have an idea of the place of fishing.
Explain when fishing at long distances, it is necessary to make long casts are better than long rod. For casting on 20-30 feel free to use the short rod.
Small rivers are overgrown with shrubs and grass, wading through the fallen trees with a three-meter rod will be hard.While fishing from the boat a large size will interfere, you need to prepare the gear smaller.
Practical effect and summing up, the approximate size range looks like this:
- From shore to wide (100 m) the river: the length of the spinning 2.7-3.1 m.
- From the shore to a narrow, shallow river (10-40 m): use the size of the fishing rod 2.1-2.4 M.
- When fishing from the boat correct to use the size 1.8-2.1 m.
Recommendation: take “universal” size in 2.1 m, it is enough.
If necessary, it is used in the boat and on shore. Newcomers choose that size. Perfectly will approach for catching of a pike on crankbaits and jig.Easy to overcome overgrown shore without damaging the rod. More relevant for the spinning column, for a compact telescope of almost no difference.
Test spinning. Now you have to determine the weight of used baits. To jig, baits will suit lite (light) versions of the tests, to 15 grams.To massive and heavy desired test much higher, up to 40 gr.Novice anglers tip: buy good lite spinning rod and you can catch him on a pike and any predators.Looking at the top catchability baits, most in the weight range from 4-15 grams.
Do not run for universality in all things. Come to the job consistently.Spinning with a length of 2.1 meters, you can fish in any conditions, bait weighing from 4 to 15 grams.It should be noted, the smaller the variation in min/max test, the better the rod (we are talking about original rods).For example test gr 4-8 will work better with a lure in 8 gram than the rod with the test 4-25 g – great he is the scatter.
Having enough experience you will understand what was missing and to equip the “stick” is not difficult.At this stage do not take the choice very seriously, the newcomer enough of our advice.Having undertaken to prepare a generic form, feel free to choose the 2.1 m with the test 4-15 grams, do not take real noodles (slow down), it is more appropriate for the jig.For versatility choose something in between, under the use of rubber and crankbaits.
Select a suitable coil
If the budget allows feel free to take high-quality and consequently not a cheap model. Many will object to: the price is not an indicator, and they will be right.Cheap quality coils is much less than expensive and disposable.
- The size of the spool. Spinning is fine size 3000 ( can be wound 300 yards of fishing line with a diameter of 0.1 mm).
- The material of the spool. There are plastic, aluminum, titanium. Of course plastic is the cheapest material. When possible, choose aluminum.
- A spare spool included. A great plus when in the box there is a second spool. It can be used as a spare, or wind it the other type of scaffold (for example, in one of monofil and the other cord), use fishing line of different diameters. Give the ability to change fat cord thinner.
- Case material. The newer the material, the easier. Choose either the wallet or weight. Alloys are often lighter competitors.
- The number of bearings. Responsible for the smooth running, permissible load on the “meat grinder”. The more loading, the it is desirable to have more bearings, but it is not always justified. When pike are medium in size enough to have a few pieces of bearings. With a smaller number of them do not worry, this does not affect the number of fish caught.
- The clutch. There are two types of front and rear. The regulator is located either to the front or rear of the coil. Out of personal preference. Required for tension settings line. When dealing with a serious trophy and its sudden jerk the fishing line may break. Adjusting the clutch at jerk pike fishing line breaks, and unwound from the coil, compensating for unwanted voltage.
- The type of fastening of the handle. The case with a rivet, screw, screw. The parameter is not in the first place if you choose.
- Weight. Important parameter. Of course, the more expensive will the reel (size 3000), the less it will weigh. Large “grinder” with a small weight implies the use of high-quality and expensive materials, which of course, leads to an increase in cost. A good, easy option is not cheap.
Choose the line which will not fail
Preparation of equipment does not pass without selecting a line. It is important to choose the right and reliable diameter to withstand the attack and the weight of the trophy pike.
Fishing line can be of several types:
- Monofilament. Pretty cheap variant has a number of advantages. Low price with sufficient reliability. Smoothness gives less friction on the check rings, increasing their life span. Tensile load partially compensates for sudden attack toothy.
- Wicker. With a smaller diameter is much stronger rival monofil. The network consists of 2.4 or more stranded wires (indicated on the box). The value of the monofil. Often counterfeited. A good option is from 1000 RUB.
- Flourcarbon. Rarely used as the main line, often used with a leash. Has small cost with insufficient strength. Plus invisibility to the fish.
Pike put the monofil diameter of 0.28-0.35 mm. Cord is much smaller diameter, due to the strength: 0.12 mm.