Professional fishermen have an Arsenal of fishing supplies. It’s not just about the gear, but also all kinds of accessories for storage and transportation of precious devices. First, they contribute to order and quick access to certain items, and second, ensure safety of the equipment.
It is important, if you consider the expensive cost of production for fisheries. Anyone who has ever faced an unexpected damage to the gear will make every effort to prevent this in the future.
So someone gets a case for the rod, and someone else is doing the tube for spinning with their hands. Importantly, to achieve the goal and protect your favorite gear.
Preparation of fishing rods for storage
To be prepared for the next fishing season, you need to properly complete the current, namely to put in order and fold all items of fishing equipment. These procedures will allow us to maintain the quality of products and to be in full uniform to the long-awaited moment of the next fishing.
Before putting the gear in the box with the purpose of long storage, they should be prepared for:
- All parts must be dry and clean. Depending on the degree of contamination, use warm water, detergent or dry brush. Even minor dust or grit can at the first fishing to play a cruel joke with the rod and joints.
- Line cannot be stored in the tense. It is necessary to release the hooks, weights, floats, remove from coil to dry, and then loosely wound on a prepared foam motoviltse, reel.
- Do a thorough visual inspection of the rods. In the case of defects, they should immediately be eliminated.
Tip! Observed cracks, chips on the rod need to be eliminated before the gear will go to wait for the next season. To do this, use varnish, glue.
Only after carrying out these simple procedures, you must remove the tents in a certain place.
Where to store the rods
It’s nice to have the possibility to allocate a separate room for storage of fishing accessories. Do not forget that the surroundings should be cool and dry. Therefore, not every garage or balcony will provide favorable conditions. Is to allocate space for rods in the house. Good storage room or Cabinet. Many believe that the rod is properly stored in an upright position in special racks. Others deny this view, arguing that since the rods are deformed.
Attention! Deformation of the rods face only cheap products. Quality, the more professional gear fine waiting for the next season in a standing position.
Alternative accommodation of gear are the sheaths, covers for rods.
They have additional advantages:
- compactly hold all gear;
- enclosed construction prevents dust pollution;
- do not require special places they can be placed on a shelf, under the bed, in the pantry;
- provide protection during transportation;
- rods do not need to collect, to look in different places, they are Packed together – took the case and went.
The modern market offers a large selection of such products. If you do not want to incur additional costs, you can make the tube for the rods with their hands.
The types of cases for spinning
Transport gear without the proper protection are undesirable, they are too vulnerable. If anything, this applies to both movement by car and public transport. For safe delivery of fishing gear to the pond and back employing a variety covers. These products can be divided into 3 types:
- Soft. These include fabric covers, made of waterproof material. They protect the rod from various contaminants, high humidity, however, ineffective against mechanical damage. This is the most affordable option for spinning.
- Semi-rigid. Made from high-strength fabrics such as leather, canvas. There is a rubberized model that allows for enhanced waterproofing. Well protect the gear from any damage, but have a high weight and price.
- Hard. This segment provides the best protection to the fishing equipment. Presented this kind of cases, sheaths, bags, which have a durable plastic casing which is resistant to sharp blows and prolonged pressure. The tubes are brand hydroscopicity, often inside equipped with tubes, which provide additional protection.
Almost all models are equipped with a zipper, handles, shoulder straps and pockets for storing removable parts, consumables. Many of them are designed for a few rods, which is very convenient. There are cases in which freely is spinning with the coil.
Tips for improvised cover for the gear
The first thing necessary is a clear definition of the desired species cover.
Here fishermen often repelled:
- assignment case – storage, transportation, or all together;
- the way they get to the pond (on foot, by bike, car, public transport);
- hosted gear.
By answering these questions it becomes clear what the optimal dimensions and acceptable weight, size, shape. It is believed that is to make boxes specifically for carp, spinning, plug, and other equipment. However, most often they are universal. So, the tube for feeder tackle is quite suitable for storing spinning.
General rules for a model cover
Do not skimp when choosing the material, it needs to be:
- moisture resistant;
Independent production case gives you the opportunity to make it to the required size, usually length is not less than one meter. And in the case of long fishing rod homemade tube spinning can reach more than 2 meters. Its diameter should be such to fit your snap. It is particularly necessary to take into account the owners of models with large throughput rings on high legs.
Make a case for fishing tackle
Sewing a fabric cover for the required sizes can be ordered in the Studio or it could make your wife, a friend, who knows how to use a sewing machine. There is nothing complicated. Outside it can be equipped with extra long pockets that can accommodate a rack, an umbrella, shore platform, net. The main thing is to find the optimal number of compartments to overdo it with them is not worth it.
Tip! Case inside can be equipped with plastic tubes to protect the rod from internal and external mechanical damage.
And how to make the tube spinning? Quite simple. The necessary parts can be easily found in any hardware store. Housing is quite suitable plastic sewer pipe, or tube of thick cardboard. Here are selected plugs of the desired diameter, which will serve as caps for the tube. To prevent longitudinal strokes inside the case, you should provide the caps with the inner side of the soft material. Perfect foam or a thick layer of felt.
Outside the case you can sheathe a cloth case and equip it for the convenience of handles, shoulder straps. Tube for winter fishing rods with their hands, as well as for feeders, made on a similar principle.
Tip! Plasticity in normal heat easily is shaped into an oval that will allow you to put in a spinning reel without removing the reel. Such a tube would be more convenient to use and compact.
No matter the case ready purchased or created with your own hands, as long as it fulfilled its function to protect and organized storage of fishing tackle.