You can experiment with canned fish for a long time – it all depends on the available products, desires and time. It will never be superfluous to add cereal to saury soup to make it more satisfying.
Canned fish is much cheaper than fresh, while it has a good taste. For half an hour you can get a fragrant, nutritious and rich soup. Of course, this is not a traditional Russian ear, but why compare completely different products? The main thing is to choose high-quality preparations with fatty sea views; saury and mackerel are most suitable for canned fish . You can add millet to the stew, which will make the soup more thick.
Many housewives love canned food, because they help out when you urgently need to cook dinner. Soup from canned saury with millet is cooked much faster than other dishes, it takes a minimum of time to prepare the products. Do not think that such stews turn out worse than from fresh fish. They are not inferior in taste and aroma.
Fresh and high-quality canned fish is already half the success. When buying, pay attention to the composition, date of manufacture and type of jars. Crumpled jars with vague markings should immediately be laid out from the basket. Ear from canned saury with millet will turn out tastier if you buy a fish in a glass container.
What is required for lunch:
- saury in oil – 1 can;
- potatoes – 3-4 tubers;
- carrots – 1 pc.;
- large onion;
- water – 2 l;
- greens – to taste;
- sunflower oil – for frying vegetables;
- millet – 2-3 tbsp. l .;
- a few bay leaves;
- allspice and salt.
It is not recommended to take too many spices, since canned foods already have salt and seasonings. Soup with saury and cereal is enough to supplement with fresh dill, parsley, pepper.
Canned fish is cooked very quickly, so add it at the end.
Cooking begins with vegetables:
- Wash, peel and chop the potatoes in large slices. Pour cold water and put on medium heat. If you want a thicker soup, then you can take 5 tubers.
- Peel onions and carrots. Cut the onion into cubes, carrots with quarters or grate on a coarse grater. Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and send vegetables there, pass until a rosy shade, stirring constantly. Pouring a lot of oil into the pan is not necessary, since the fish blanks are quite fatty, and few people will like the high-calorie ear from saury canned with millet .
- Add boiled vegetables and washed millet to boiling potatoes for 7-10 minutes. Cook the potatoes until soft, then add the fish. Canned food must first be mashed with a fork, some of the oil can be drained. It is not necessary to turn the pulp into porridge – you just need to grind the ridges so that they do not feel in the stew .
- Bring saury soup to a boil, try on salt and add it if necessary, like spices. At the end, you can fill up chopped fresh herbs.
Allow boiled canned and millet soup to boil , then remove from heat and leave for 10-15 minutes. During this time, the first dish will infuse, become more tasty and fragrant. For serving, you can use greens, pieces of saury (leave when cooking) and croutons.
Other options for making saury soup
Dietary stew with saury can also be, for this it is not necessary to remove fish from a step-by-step recipe with a photo . It is necessary to lay fresh vegetables in the broth, and not fry them with oil. Calorie content can be reduced if you do not use potatoes. Grain will give the stew the stew: rice, barley, bulgur, buckwheat and millet.
In stores, you can find canned saury in tomato sauce. It makes a very original first course, so it is recommended to try this option. However, you can use tomato paste for anyone with canned fish , adding it at the time of passing vegetables
First course calorie table
|Canned fish and millet soup||100 g||Calories – 107 kcal, proteins – 7 g, fats – 1.1 g, carbohydrates – 18.2 g|
|Ear with saury and tomato paste||100 g||Calorie content – 70 kcal, proteins – 3.9 g, fats – 3.5 g, carbohydrates – 5.4 g|
|Canned fish soup without potatoes||100 g||Calorie content – 63 kcal, proteins – 3.6 g, fats – 3.9 g, carbohydrates – 2.2 g|