Pheasant – an exquisite delicacy appreciated by gourmets all over the world. Fascinating descriptions of the dishes from the Royal birds on the feasts of the representatives of the ruling dynasties of Ancient Rome, the East and Europe come to us from the depths of history, enticing aromas of wonderful flavor combinations.
What could be better than roast venison with crispy Golden crust, seasoned with a hint of spicy saffron and contrasted by the fresh bouquet of fruit wine? Perhaps, only a surprisingly tasty pheasant pot roast. Or amber soup of poultry?
In short, it’s time to treat family and friends by preparing your favorite treats in the best traditions of the Royal table!
For clarity and ease of novice of kitchen all recipes with photos.
Preparation of the carcass
The preliminary preparation of the game involves two stages, the plucking and butchering:
- Removal of feathers is from the bottom up and begins with the abdomen of pheasant. Tweeze the down will be easier if to be tightly pressed against the back of the thumb of the right hand to the skin of the bird and capture small areas. Scald game is impossible. After plucking to process a carcass with a gas burner and rinse with warm water.
- When butchering first, cut the skin, remove craw, larynx and esophagus, and then open the bird from the sternum to the anus and carefully removed the innards.
- The main thing – not to damage the gallbladder and intestines.
Ready carcass carefully (several times), washed in water and promarinuetsya thick paper towel.
The subtleties of pre-treatment
Many unskilled cooks skeptical about the cooking process of any dish from pheasant, as it has a specific smell. This small negative is easily eliminated by soaking the meat in cold water for 12 hours. The liquid from the tank is periodically drained and added fresh. A thorough procedure of soaking will be brightened carcass.
Pre-processing ends with maintaining the poultry in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
The best pheasant dishes
Recipes of the Royal birds set, they are all attractive and delicious. But, of course, the optimum will be homemade meals.
How to cook pheasant in the oven, the recipe № 1
For the first option will require:
- 2 cups of kefir;
- 150 grams of salted bacon;
- pepper, salt to taste, 1 tbsp vegetable oil.
The carcass is divided into two parts, pour the yogurt for 60 minutes. In a small bowl mix the salt and pepper. After the specified time pheasant is removed from the container, rubbed with spices and spread out on greased and covered with plastic apples to the baking pan.
The bird is served a “coat” of shredded fat. On top, place the toothpick (its size is equal to size of baking sheet).
The dish is sent in a preheated 180 degree oven for an hour, then sleeve removed and the roasting time is extended another 10 minutes.
The fowl in the oven, recipe No. 2
The second option is to prepare pheasant is similar to the previous one, but has a number of nuances.
For baking you will need a glass of white table wine, 1 teaspoon mixed in equal parts salt and curry 300 grams of lard (pork):
- The bird is rubbed with the mixture and kept for half an hour, then lowered in a shallow container, filled with wine and sent to the bottom shelf of the fridge for a day (from time to time the meat is turned over for uniform impregnation).
- After 24 hours, the pheasant is removed, obrushivaetsya cloth. Throughout the body evenly thin strips of bacon and secured with toothpicks.
- The game shifted in the sleeve for baking and put in a preheated medium temperature oven for 40 minutes.
- The sleeve is cut, and the meat zarumyanyatsya open about 20 minutes.
How to cook roast pheasant
Ingredients for poultry with mushrooms:
- carcass weighing less than one kilogram;
- one bulb;
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil;
- 200 grams of mushrooms;
- half a Cup of dry white wine;
- salt, any seasoning for wild game.
Onions and mushrooms are coarsely chopped. Pheasant cut into pieces and fry it until Golden brown in a deep cast iron pan (or any pan with thick walls) in hot oil.
Meat shift in a 2 pot, then layer onions and mushrooms, previously brought to half the above capacity (after the game).
Pour equal (100 grams) amount of wine, salt, add seasoning, cover with lid and place in oven for 60 minutes. The desired temperature of 220 degrees.
The bird with bacon and celery
Wonderful dish restaurant level, prepared at home.
- the average carcass weight;
- four thin slices of bacon and as many leaves of celery;
- finely chopped onion;
- half a Cup of mushrooms;
- 50 ml vegetable oil;
- Bay leaf and salt to taste.
The bird is rubbed with salt and filled with leaves of celery with the Bay leaf. Chest wraps slices of bacon, fastened with toothpicks.
Put the pheasant in a roasting pan with the addition of finely chopped mushrooms, onion, oil.
Is baked at a temperature of 190 With about a half hour. For maximum roasting every half hour the meat should be turned upside down and additionally to pour the resulting liquid oil. Before serving, remove the celery and Bay leaf.
Fillet with lingonberry jam
An exquisite recipe for connoisseurs.
- 400 grams fillet of poultry without tendons, cut into pieces bounces. The obtained semi-finished products resulting in a mixture of 3 eggs with salt and pepper, paniruetsya in a small amount of the white bread cubes and roast them in 60 grams of butter.
- The finished slices of meat sprinkled roast potatoes.
- Jam (cranberry or cranberry) served separately.
The meat on the skewers
- With the carcass of a pheasant to cut the flesh, coarsely chop onions, add bacon, season with salt to taste. Meat strung on skewers, alternating with pieces of bacon, onions and bell peppers, fry in butter.
- The finished dish before serving pour alcohol (best to use cognac) and ignite.
- The remains of birds used to make broth with vegetables.
For cooking in this way one pheasant will need 100 grams of fat, 50 grams of butter, 2 onions, half a Cup of rum (brandy), 2 large pepper.
- a quarter of a pheasant;
- 15 grams butter, tomato paste, chopped onions;
- 50 grams of rice;
- pepper and salt to taste;
- 5 grams of flour.
- Venison roast, not dividing apart.
- In the heated liquid, add the tomato paste, season with flour and saute.
- Onion spasserovat.
- Ready pheasant cut into portion pieces, put in saucepan, cover with sauce.
- To the meat add onions, spices.
- The dishes cover and simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- For a side dish for a special pilaf prepared separately crumbly porridge from rice.
Mince 70 grams of pulp birds, mix with salt and pepper. To form a schnitzel, breaded in egg and bread crumbs, and fry in oil.
Dish arrange slices of orange, to garnish potatoes.
The Royal bird on the grill
- 120 grams of lard;
- a large onion;
- 100 grams of butter (60 g for the greasing and 40 for frying onions);
- black pepper, salt, seasoning to taste.
For cooking the carcass of a pheasant lard lard and RUB a mixture of salt and pepper. Abdomen to fill poached in butter onions with spices and black pepper. The cavity to close, to impose a fat, sealed with toothpicks.
Impaled on a spit, pheasant should be lubricated with oil and grill them over charcoal.