The graceful and awesome chickens of chinchin stand out on any farm. They have extremely beautiful plumage.
All details about the origin, type and performance cochinchina blue or dwarf you can learn reading our article.
The breed of chickens chinchin: history origin, description, varieties
In the last century of Koningin chickens were to be found in the courtyard of the Emperor or nobles. In the late nineteenth century, chickens were donated by the Queen of England. Then the bird was imported by the French to Europe, as a reconciliation and cessation of hostilities between the two countries.
The chickens quickly caught on in the yard, and then became one of raspostraneny breed on the farms of England. Cochinchina breed has caused fever in the future. In the early years of the breed’s population, she was named as Shanghai. Only half a century later, chickens were introduced into our country where they quickly gained popularity.
Of Cochin China chickens: breed profile
Initially, the breeders have selected chickens of chinchin in order to obtain more meat than the ordinary breeds of chickens. For some time the hens of this breed really is perceived to be meat. But with the change in the genetic material of the breed were bred meat breed related. Now you rarely see crosses of this breed. But many gardeners buy them myself because of the attractive appearance.
The main characteristic of this bird is its massiveness.
- Chest, back unusually muscular. Between the neck and shoulders there is a small transition, which is expressed as a pronounced curve.
- Cochinchine boasts a beautiful tail that is decorated with short braids.
- His head is small. Chicken of this breed has a yellow curved beak. A great decoration for this breed is a small comb in the shape of a leaf.
- Legs, neck not much different in size, but stacked pretty tight. Bird’s wings are quite small, they are hidden under the plumage of a bird when stacked.
- Shin birds are well developed, they are proportional to each other. They are covered with a rich plumage. Females unlike males, have a low figure and chunky neck.
- The body of the bird tilts slightly forward, and so it seems that the chicken is massive and squat.
Breeders there are several types of chicken chinchin. To determine the type of chicken you depending on the color of its plumage. All the hens plumage rich and lush. Feathers covered the legs of a bird. Due to the fact that this breed has profuse feathering she feels comfortable even in the cold season.
Chickens of chinchin: productivity of the breed
A good meat breed of chicken is of Brahma chinchin. The live weight of the birds can reach up to four pounds, and roosters can reach five kilograms of mass. Eggs are chicken in a small amount. Every year one hen of mahinhin may lead not more than 110 eggs. It should be noted that due to the fact that the bird is well able to endure the cold season, the egg production in this season will increase by several times. In comparison with other breeds, chinchin has a great advantage.
One egg can reach a weight of not more than fifty-five grams, the shell it is painted in yellow-brown color. The yolk has a bright and rich color. But this is not uncommon for this meat breed. Many years ago, in the pre-revolutionary period, winter appreciated svezhenanesenny eggs from Koningin. For them, the buyer was ready to pay a large sum.
Contain of Cochin China chickens is beneficial because the bird is quiet special. It feels good in a small cage. But as soon as her egg production declines, the bird is slaughtered.
The breed of chicken of Cochin China: types
Breeders from around the world spent a lot of time in order to bring several types cochinchina.
Consider the main ones.
- Black. The hen of this species is a common species with black color feathers with a slight green tint. Sometimes found the breed with a purple tint. Podpushek of this species is white, but it is not visible from the main tail. The beak of black representatives is yellow. Sometimes you can find dark pink color. The shank from the bird have a yellow or greenish tint. The presence of brown in the plumage of this species are rejected immediately.
- White birds have fluffy and white plumage with a tinge of silver. Tarsus and beak have only yellow color. Rejected chickens that have yellow feathers and white hocks.
- Chinchin blue is popular on many farms. The color of the plumage is unusual. It has a distinct blue tint. Head, collar, and covering feathers of the wings, lower back have a rich, velvety black color, and can be in white color. The appearance of feathers on the tail can be brown shades.
- Yellow birds have a bright color. The tail and wings may be presented in a bronze shade. No other deviations are allowed. Birds that could have black feathers, white or red tint can’t be allowed to breed and are subject to rejection.
- Kuropaty view has a luxurious and multi-colored plumage. This color is strictly regulated. Secondary signs of puberty in birds is well developed. Roosters have black stripes on the feathers, embellished with a gold border on the edge. The head can be red and brown. The collar may be represented in brown and gold shimmer. The color of the wings inside black and top brown. The back has red-brown plumage. The chest has a black tint. Color of downy feathers can only be represented in dark grey. Females of this species have a brown color and Golden shimmer. Collar and tail are black. Feathers of chicken must be decorated with a border. The color of the beak and the hocks yellow. Any of Cochin China do not have marriage picture.
- Dwarf chinchin. Some people think this kind of small replica of normal chickens. But really, dwarf of Cochin China is small in its origin and was derived in parallel to their relatives in China. They are massive, chunky and noticeably rounded. Dwarf Cochin China in no way inferior to the others. In addition, egg production of dwarf cochinchina up to eighty eggs per year. An average egg weighs less than thirty grams each. The eggs of the dwarf cochinchina has a light brown color. The mass of a chicken is seven hundred grams, and the cock may exceed females at 150 grams and weighing 850 grams.
Dwarf Cochin China: characteristics of growing
Representatives of the dwarf cochinchina different ruggedness in the content. They have extraordinary endurance. Not terrible for them winter severe frosts. They have no need for additional heating of the house. In addition, it is necessary to highlight that chickens of this breed are calm and feel good about themselves before and after walking. The nature of dwarf cochinchina measured. They are looking for the tranquility of life in the barn. To fly and they have high roosts for them an insurmountable obstacle.
Appetite dwarf cochinchina and blue good. They are not capricious in food. But do not forget that diet for chickens should be nutritious and balanced. It is necessary to introduce different crops. Namely wheat, corn, and many others. Hens and Chicks need to be used in the diet of special feed.
An important feature of the breed: dwarf cochinchina and blue – is the tendency of birds to obesity. Any farmer knows how important it is to monitor the weight of the birds. You need to constantly maintain it normal. It should be noted that if the chicken were greasy, then you need to slowly reduce the amount of feed or use a feed with a low percentage of fat. In the cold period the birds need especially in the food, as fat of Cochin China can tolerate temperatures.
In that case, if you decide to breed chickens, then it can be done in two ways. The first is to buy eggs, and the second is a Mature bird. Chickens always have cochinchina are born without a tail. This is considered normal for this breed of poultry. Raising chickens is easy as they are a great mom and good mother hen.
It is especially important to monitor the weight of birds, as during obesity, the bird will be bad. To retain the natural characteristics is quite difficult. If you grow the bird properly, it will delight with its beautiful appearance, but also healthy and tasty meat.
For a sleepover and dog walking
Of Cochin China is phlegmatic. They love to retire and get plenty of rest. So experts recommend to keep them in a separate and spacious chicken coops. It is best to provide them with the corners away from other breeds. Even in separate cages per square meter is recommended to settle from the two goals.
At dense planting birds can obtain the curvature of the wings.
Indoors, you will need to provide:
- Low roost. Dwarf and blue chinchin can’t fly, so they climb on a standard height will not be easy.
- Care and maintenance of the house. Birds should be in a dry room, which is an important condition for the development of birds. The accumulation of droppings, wet litter can stick to the plumage and cause infectious diseases.
- Lighting the chicken coop. Must occur not less than ten hours. In winter, the coop needs to be lit for sixteen hours.
- The temperature indicator. The temperature in the coop should be at least 18 degrees and humidity of about 65%. Artificial heating is possible but only with a single content.
It should be noted that when the content of the birds in the cage, should be no more than five goals. The limited space should be as strict as possible. To walk the hens in any cage with abundant grass. The fence should be more than one meter. The quality of the fence can come mesh.
Space must be present in your life cochinchina. They love to play run and modest space they nothing. Be sure to take care that the bird was present shady canopy. The birds are quite often prone to overheating. And also, you should always look for the availability of drinking water.
Feeding blue cochinchina and dwarf
Power miniature cochinchina should be rich and balanced, despite the fact that the bird is not whimsical. This species belongs to the greedy. Therefore, with good appetite, can eat more standing rules. If you do not follow this, the bird will have a high percentage of obesity.
The best food for dwarf cochinchina blue is considered a special feed. It can be bought in specialized stores, with a mark – moderate calorie. In the case if you opted for natural food, then the best to take whole grains of barley, wheat and oats. And it’s also worth noting that the food for birds should prevail greens, vegetables, root crops. In addition, cochinchina need to eat the meadow grass and clover. As mineral supplements will suit chalk, meat and bone meal and fish meal. And also the diet should include vitamins.
A great diet for this dwarf cochinchina is waste meat, boiled vegetables, and raw after cleaning. As protein products, you can use cottage cheese or yogurt. Protein foods it is necessary to enter carefully. Over them can lead to reproductive dysfunction of roosters and hens to obesity. The norm is twice a week to give potatoes or protein products. The only exception is the youngsters who need more protein for the maturation.
The advantages and disadvantages of dwarf cochinchina
The undeniable advantages of the breed include delicious meat and low care for the bird. Craving for self-hatching and care of Chicks of the chickens cannot be attributed to the merits. Also worth noting is the appearance of beautiful birds. In the winter of Cochin China do not reduce the percentage of egg production.
The disadvantages of the breed is attributed to their propensity to obesity. As well, the high price of hatching eggs. Late maturity and plumage can also be attributed to the shortcomings. Work with the tribe can also cause some difficulties for the farmers.