Hearing the phrase “pet”, many of us immediately imagine fluffy cats, dogs or hamsters. But lately, the concept becomes more extensive, the list of Pets fall into such amazing little creatures, like the pygmy pigs – mini-piggies.
Originally the breed was brought to the laboratory, but over time it became widely popular among pet lovers. The main advantages of such tiny creatures are dwarf size, amazing appearance, cleanliness and great tendency to training.
Pet can be taught many commands including: sit, lie down and give paw. And incredibly funny dances these animals is a sight to behold.
History of origin of ornamental pigs. Description of the breed
The first members of the dwarf domestic pigs were the result of long work of breeders. For breeding, the scientists crossed wild boars and pot-bellied Vietnamese pig. Considering the breed characteristics and climatic conditions of the area where the pet lives, the color of his coat is very different.
Most often, there are such shades:
A clear breed standard teacup pig is not. In nature, occurs about 30 varieties of mini-pigouin the weight category of 6 to 140 pounds.
The largest breeds represented:
- Siberian miniature pig;
- Goettingen mini-pig;
- Vietnamese pot-bellied pig;
Individuals weighing up to 25 pounds and include breeds:
- Mini maialino. Little representatives of this wonderful breed rarely get more than 500 grams of weight. Because of this unique feature, they are the tiny ornamental pigs bred in Italy. An adult can reach up to 25 pounds of weight. In connection with reproductive difficulties, a number of specimens are not too large when compared to other decorative pigs. Mini maialino as one of the most highly intelligent Pets, who quickly memorize the commands and perform them without much thought. Coat painted in black or white and black shade.
- Bergstrasse knit, or “beetles”. Adult mumps is rarely gaining 15 pounds and distinguished by black or black with white spots coloration. There are also animals with red hair or a red with black spots. Animals are great friendly and fast binding to the same owner. They freely make friends with other household Pets and are in demand in England or other European countries.
- Wiesenau. Applies to large breeds mini pigou, weighing up to 25 kg. the Key feature of this decorative pig is a unique structure of the muzzle. The nose of the pig is stretched and is wrinkle free. The coat is black and white, some of the pet are white, and the body is black. Or, on the contrary. Because of the relatively large size compared to other mini-Pigi, wiesenau is not suitable for room maintenance. Animals are grown in home gardens, without fear that they will damage gardens and will shit anywhere. They are simply accustomed to the toilet and proper behavior.
The character of the home mini-pigou
Touching the micro-piggies grow up to three years. If you compare them with cats and dogs, they are much smarter than the first as have a clear conscious behavior. With proper training, the pet quickly learns the different commands and performs their best four-legged friends.
If you want to buy decorative pet pig, don’t forget that she is a very emotional animal, which can emit many sounds. A happy pig will happily run on-site and quietly grunting. But try to hurt him, and he will turn into an angry pig that will scream at the top of your lungs. Using the sounds of the little pigs bring to their owners and other animals important information. During feeding, the sow grunts slightly.
It is important to note the fact that the decorative domestic pigs have to apply the method of hierarchy. From the first days of appearance in the house show the animal who’s boss, otherwise it is a quick “sit you down” and will dictate the rules. The lack of proper education leads to disobedience and the manifestation of his stubborn nature. To avoid such consequences, teach animal home ethics from an early age.
Tiny micro-piggies much like the kids who can not imagine my life without pranks. The mini pigou perfectly developed intellect, which helps them to find creative ways of manipulation. If you give them the will, they will quickly escalate in these jitterbugs. These creatures need constant communication and attention. If you leave them without this pleasure, they will quickly begin to resent and sad. So if you are rarely home, think about acquiring two Pets. In this team, they will be much more fun.
Little pig has a surprising curiosity. It could take a day to run around the apartment and look for something tasty to your personal belongings. Through well developed natural instincts and intuition, they have many unique properties.
How to keep decorative pig at home
Many people who are going to buy a decorative little thing, wonder how many live these cute creatures. According to official data, with proper care, a pet can live up to 15 years.
Care of the tiny pigs do not require much effort or financial investments. These animals cleanly, and they will not spoil anything. Great to teach them going to the toilet, using a tray from some box or other container, the bottom of which are small pieces of paper, shavings or sawdust. Fillers for cat trays cannot be used because the pig often takes them for food. The tray is installed in the place which the pig has chosen as a toilet.
Dwarf pigs need regular bathing under the shower or in the bathroom. You need to bathe them in warm water, or Pets may appear different diseases. Little piggies very much like water treatments. In summer, you can put in the yard a small pool in a basin of water in which the animals will be expected to take a warm bath.
After purchasing the pig, he needs to see an experienced veterinarian, who will prescribe all the important vaccinations against common swine diseases. If the desire to breed offspring mini pigou, you can carry out the castration of the boar.
Pigs need a regular walk. When walking in hot summer days, the body of animals must be refreshed with water. Don’t forget to take the cool liquid on each exit to the street. When walking in public places, you must use slei. To harness a pig taught at the age of two months.
What to feed dwarf Pets?
Feeding tiny mini pigou runs a tight schedule. Individuals with under one year of age need 3-4 meals a day, while adults specimens – two-a-day. If the schedule is unbalanced, the pet will always ask for food and grunt all day.
As food you can use the following products:
- various cereals and cereal, which are filled with boiling water and infused for some time. For pigs this food is considered the greatest delicacy, so they will eat it with great pleasure;
- buckwheat, peas and barley are served in the form of combined mixtures. To dry food is added of a quantity of water;
- fresh or boiled vegetables. In the pet’s diet of vegetables should be enough, as they contain large amounts of vitamins necessary for proper growth of the animal;
- clean fruits. Pigs are very much like home-grown fruit, but from eating citrus fruits should be abandoned;
- beef liver, fillet of sea fish and chicken, beef and veal. Such products can give pig 1-2 times a week;
- serum and cottage cheese with low fat content.
In the vegetable diet of the pig must be present carrots, turnips, beets, pumpkins and Jerusalem artichokes. Such vegetables thoroughly rubbed on a grater and serves as a kind of slurry. For animal feed must not contain spices, sugar and salt. The animal should not be fed fatty or salty products, and the purchase of feed for other Pets, such as cats or dogs, because their composition contains a large amount of protein.
After examination in the veterinary clinic, a technician can designate your decorative pig a number of vitamins and special premixes. One of them can be feed droshky, bone meal and fish oil
With the right attitude to food decorative pigs, you will be able to grow really healthy and beautiful pet that will fulfill all your commands and to please the world with its amazing beauty.
How to build a mini-egov at home
Because of the amazing exterior features, ease of care and maintenance, breeding mini pigou at home is becoming more popular. Many people buy two pigs exclusively for home business. It is a very sensible investment that quickly justifies the money spent and time.
Mature adult hog should be placed in one closed room with a female and leave them there for 15 hours. It is important to consider the fact that the pairing procedure is successful only familiar to females the territory. Otherwise, it is trite to avoid contact with the boar. According to experts, it is good to repeat the mating in five days. The gestation period of 118 days, after which the sow results in progeny from several amazingly beautiful pigs. Before birth a organize a special enclosure or socket in the house where the animals will normally develop near the mother.
In the diet of crumbs should be mother’s milk, which contains a lot of incredibly valuable minerals.
Curious facts about the dwarf pigs
It is easy to guess that with such amazing animals associated with numerous facts and interesting stories.
- In European countries dwarf mini-piggies enjoying the incredible demand and significantly displace other Pets;
- The tiny adult representative of the Italian breed mini maialino weighed only 800 grams;
- Very often mini-pigou used for laboratory studies, so they have a very unique internal organs are similar to human;
- German scientists have proved that mini piggies are much smarter than dogs and cats, they can memorize a few dozen commands;
- Animals are famous for their excellent friendliness that allows them to coexist with all other Pets.