XXI century has brought to mankind a great variety of useful inventions and new technologies. Today we talk about the not so global, how a very useful invention – anticorpo for cats, they are the same overlays, tips, nail caps.
The absolute majority of happy cat owners sooner or later face the problem of tattered sofa, torn curtains, the Wallpaper in tatters, bruises, scratches, broken clothes… How to deal with the whole mess? It turns out that the solution was found – anticorpi on the claws, and the problem is solved. So what a miracle is, and whether you need it at all? Let’s face it.
What is this invention?
Anticorpi – silicone, plastic or rubber caps that are placed on the claws of your pet. For these nozzles is not abated, the set is complete with a special glue.
Manufacturers of this miracle in one voice say about the absolute harmlessness of anticarbon, here is what you can read on the websites of the manufacturers:
- lining on the claws for cats does not prevent the animal to run, jump, climb on any surface;
- utter harmlessness of tips of claws for cats, from whatever material they may be made;
- keep the caps on the claws of three to six months.
So, as we see from the above, anticorpi is the just salvation for the owners whose cats do not recognize a scratching post. Where is the truth?
Theory of the safety of silicone lining on the claws
- The glue used for bonding scratchy just can’t be harmless, it should be understood by all who have had chemistry in school at least three. At least, it can cause severe allergies.
- Since the animal can’t hide the claws, during a jump it might break his finger.
- The nozzle can cause deformation of the nail plate and even zagnoenie claws.
Now let’s talk about how comfortable your pet to be in silicone pads on the claws.
- If your cat visiting the street, then definitely the Frother for you! The animal simply will be unable to climb the tree, to protect themselves in case of danger. And at best: at worst the pet may get injured trying to climb the same tree or go through the fence.
- The cat will not be able to retract the claws and give the foot a natural position, in addition to the inconvenience it can cause and the pain.
- Pet will not be able to “clean” – with silicone pads just impossible to clean the ears or teeth.
- The impossibility of normal scratch.
On long-term anticorpos
- Nail caps cats will save themselves for the withering away of the nail plate. And it happens every 2-3 weeks. That is at least every 3 weeks the pads will have to re-glue.
- If you are the owner of active feline – be prepared for the fact that the pet itself will tear off caps with your teeth.
As we see all the promises of producing nothing more than a publicity stunt.
Here are a few disadvantages of this invention:
- Silicone lining on the claws for cats make very unpleasant sounds: clatter, rattle, squeak – depending on the floor covering the sound will change.
- If the cat goes to anticorpi constantly without removing it leads to fragility and brittleness of her claws.
- The animal may be severely injured and even rip claw, accidentally tripping over something.
About the merits:
- If you have a small child, the caps will be to you very opportunely. Effortlessly, the kid does not understand what makes the cat in pain, in response to this animal is able very much to scratch the baby. So in this case, the use of caps is highly justified.
- Aesthetic aspect: the accessory looks very interesting on the cat claws. The variety of colors will satisfy even the most demanding aesthete.
- If your pet is sick skin diseases and itch, damaging the skin claws – pads will also be your exit.
As we can see, not so bad, and all’s well that in moderation. We can draw the following conclusion: anticorpi can be very useful for you and your pet if not abused.
How to wear anticorpi?
- Needs to trim cat claws at 1-2 mm.
- Treating the surface of claws with disinfectant, e.g. hydrogen peroxide.
- In each cap to squeeze a little glue – no more than 1/3 of the total cap.
- Take the paw of your pet, to put pressure on the pillow to a pet stuck out his claw. Put a cap and lightly press down for 5-10 seconds.
- To glue all the bits and hold the animal for 10 more minutes so that the glue is fully set.
Do not worry: the first time the gait of a cat can change as she gets used to the new feeling. Most likely, the pet will by all means try to remove the “foreign object” and even gnaw. Within 2-3 days the animal usually gets used. If it’s been more than 1 week, and the cat was still experiencing discomfort or appeared of suppuration – should immediately remove the nozzle!
How to remove anticorpi?
- Before you remove the pads, they should be carefully make an incision.
- After you cut the tip, the remaining surface will crack and the material is easy to depart from the claw.
- If remained strongly adhering pieces, they can be gently removed with a nail file.
- Treating the foot with hydrogen peroxide.
- If there is a wound – apply a bandage with ointment “Levomekol”.
Wear your cat anticorpi or not – to solve only to you. If the animal ignores the scratching post you have seriously is the question of the removal of claws, anticorpi will become your perfect option. In any case, it is necessary to carefully weigh all the pluses and minuses for you and your pet. Healthy, active, and calm pet owner – that’s important.