Everyone who ever met the cats of breed the Maine Coon, can confirm: it is extraordinarily beautiful and quite large animals. Outwardly they something even resemble lions, only in miniature. Still, what is the weight of the Maine Coon?
This question below is given a detailed response to the casting table mass of the body of this pet.
Description Maine Coon
Many, seeing the size and length of this cat, immediately begin to think that the weight is almost 18-20 kg, and then all of 26 kg. But people in the know just say that it’s just an impression created not only by the length of the animal, but his massive physique. Of course,the Maine Coon is somewhat larger than other breeds of domestic cats, but 20 kg they weigh. The body weight of an adult cat is only about 4.6 to 7.6 kg. Cats are the Maine Coon, of course, a bit heavier: their weight is around 8-12 kg.
Externally, these sophisticated Pets are as follows:
- the body of an adult animal rather muscular and somewhat elongated when compared with other cats;
- paws the Maine Coon are very strong and massive;
- also a massive neck and shoulders;
- a cat of this breed is large, slightly elongated, like a lion.
From the description you can understand why many people think that the weight of a Maine Coon is not less than 15 kg. As mentioned earlier, the impressive appearance of the animal creates a feeling that it’s very heavy.
Weight of Maine Coon at birth and subsequent development
The specifics of this breed of cats is such that even newborns furry babies weigh little more than kittens of other breeds. If a newborn kitten any other breed weighs an average of 125-150 g, baby Maine Coon cat – about 170 grams, sometimes a little less. But,according to statistics, the average body weight of the newborn man is not so great – about 140 grams.
It is important to understand the weight of the kittens will depend entirely on their total number in the litter. That is, the fewer kittens born, the more weight each of them.
For clarity, you can give a simple example:
- if born five kids, the Maine Coon, the weight of each of them will be 120-130 g;
- if the cat gave birth to only one kitten, the weight of her furry baby can reach 160 grams.
In addition, on the growth and body weight of a kitten can significantly influence some factors:
- the situation of the kittens in the womb of Mama cat;
- the health of Mama cat also greatly affects the weight of future kittens (of course, it plays the role of health & daddy-cat);
- the growth rate depends on its weight, i.e., the greater the weight of the baby at birth, the faster it will grow;
- in the process of growing all the kittens are gaining weight in different ways, and this primarily depends on the sex (in 3 month you can see that the female is a Maine Coon weighing less than males);
- if the kitten is sick, and the vet prescribed to treat hormones, they can be adversely affected on further weight and growth (as hormones lead to an imbalance in the endocrine system);
- the important role played by environment and the environment in which they live and develop kittens (sanitary rules, hygiene, etc.);
- kittens will grow poorly in a noisy and nervous atmosphere, so Mama cat and her offspring need to provide the most comfortable environment without any stimuli;
- plays an important role, as it feeds cat the Maine Coon during pregnancy. Only regular and healthy diet can provide a good offspring.
Important point: in normal kittens of this breed needs to gain weight of about 10 grams every day!
Minor fluctuations in weight in newborn kittens are the norm. Bad if the kitten is not developed in this regard a few days. If baby’s weight does not change at least a couple of days, the owners must immediately consult a veterinarian.
In fact, a problem such as a stop the development weight the kitten is solved simply: animal doctor prescribes artificial feeding of the baby, which will include a variety of vitamin complexes, homeopathic medicines and foods.
Normal growth of kittens by week:
- the first 10 days – all indicators of a kitten increase in 2 times;
- after 4 weeks of life increase 4 times;
- after 8 weeks, the weight increases 8 times.
The final stage of growth, the Maine Coon have 4-5 a month. In this period added pounds achieve the highest scores, while children at this age show increased activity and curiosity.
The stages of development of a cat of this breed
Experienced breeders of Pets of this breed share the development of their wards in several stages:
- neonatal stage, which lasts for the first 4 days of life. The normal daily weight gain here depends on the course delivery;
- suckling phase, lasting the first 4 weeks of life a kitten, indicates a continuous growth in the rate at 25-60 grams daily. Thus, already in one month old baby Maine Coon weighs between 450 grams to 850 grams, and in two months – from 850 g to 1.5 kg;
- a transitional stage, lasting from one to two months, shows a decline due to the fact that the power of the kitten begins to change. In the seven months of life the baby begins to grow again, eating dry food already specialized;
- polupodzemny phase, which is due to the independent life of a kitten (starting at 98 months).
Table weight of a Maine Coon by months
In conclusion is given a detailed table of how much should it weigh the baby Maine Coon, depending on age:
|Age||the body weight of cats||The body weight of the cat|
|1 month||550-740 gr||640-820 gr|
|2 months||1000-1400 gr||1100-1500 g|
|3 months||1600-2200 g||1800-2400 g|
|4 months||2600-3500 g||3000-3800 g|
|5 months||2800-4300 gr||3200-5500 gr|
|6 months||3200-4500 g||3900 – 6000 g|
|7 months||3400-4900 gr||4200-6500 gr|
The kittens continue to gain in body weight of approximately 200 grams per month. In the year of the healthy cat should weigh from 4.5 kg to 6.8 kg, and an adult cat from 6 kg to 9.5 kg In three year weight cats can reach 705 kg, and cat – 15 kg ( if he’s neutered).