After the first heat increases the risk of various blood-sucking parasites. Drops for cats the Inspector will allow you to protect Pets against some types of worms and fleas and ticks.
Drops for cats the Inspector produces a Russian pharmaceutical company ekoprom.
Release form and composition
Drops produced in two varieties. The drug is marked For intended for the treatment of cats, and the one marked with are for dogs. Solution of oily, yellowish or completely colorless, packaged in plastic pipettes, very convenient to use. The volume of such pipettes of 0.4 or 0.8 ml. Each pack is for treatment of the animal with a certain body weight. Pipettes are Packed in cartons, from 1 to 4 pieces. In each carton is embedded instructions for use.
It is strictly forbidden to use for the treatment of cats with the drug labelled With its chemical composition and quantitative content of active substances may not be suitable for the cat.
The active ingredients of the drug Inspector is moxidectin and fipronil. In addition to these components the composition includes excipients.
Pharmacological properties of the drug Inspector
The drug has proved itself in practice as a highly effective and fairly safe if you carefully follow all requirements in the instructions for use.
Moxidectin is a semi – synthetic chemical compound that blocks neuro muscular transmission in parasites, leading to death of nematodes and external skin parasites. Moxidectin absorbed into the blood and distributed to organs and tissues. Derived from the body through the intestine unchanged.
Fipronil is a drug from the group of peripersonal with I effect. Its pharmaceutical effect is the blocking of receptors in ticks and dysfunction of the nervous system. This leads to paralysis and death of parasites. This component is very quickly distributed over the surface of the animal’s body and concentrated on the epidermis. In the bloodstream the drug is practically not absorbed. Therapeutic effect persists for a long time.
The drug has a high degree of activity against Demodex, ticks and sarcopoenia ticks, fleas and vlasiadou. Of intestinal parasites the action of the drug is susceptible to nematodes and larvae and microfilariae.
Complex effect eliminates the infected animal fleas for six weeks and ticks for one month.
Indications for use
Drops animal Inspector is intended for the treatment and prevention of following parasitic diseases:
- The sarcoptic mange.
- Toxocariasis, cocksuckervideos.
Prophylactic medication can be used if you will visit places where high probability of infection of the intestinal or skin parasites, or contact with infected animals.
Application instructions for cats
Use the drug only permitted externally.
It is applied on dry skin without external damage, scratches or wounds:
- You need to put a drop on the withers of the animal between the shoulder blades. In this place, the animal cannot lick it.
- The tip of the pipette is broken off, then you need to push the fur of an animal and drip the medicine in 2-3 places on the exposed skin.
- To the drug is completely digested and provided its maximum therapeutic effect, the animal should not be bathed for 5 days after treatment.
- Processing is done only once. Re-treatment is possible not earlier than 1-1,5 months for the whole season parasitic activity.
- In order to avoid re-infection require treatment of the animal litter.
One pipette with the amount of substance 0.4 ml is enough to treat the animal weighing 1 to 4 kg For an animal weighing between 4 to 8 kg will need a pipette with the number solution of 0.8 ml. If the animal’s body weight exceeds 8 kg, the drug take the rate of 0.1 ml per 1 kg of body weight. If body weight less than 1 kg, the drug is taken at the rate of 1 drop per 500 grams of weight.
Treatment of ear mites
The auricle of the affected otodektoza animal must be cleaned from scabs and crusts.
- For the treatment of ear mite medication is instilled in each ear, cats 3 drops and gently massage the base of the ear.
- The rest of the drug is applied on the withers of the animal.
- The total duration of treatment is 2-3 treatments with an interval of 7 days.
- If the disease was complicated by otitis media, in parallel, the animal receives treatment with antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs.
- When detected in the scrapings from the ear the ear mite, repeat the treatment after a month.
- If a cat has a perforation of the tympanic membrane, or significant skin lesions, local treatment of these drops is contraindicated. In this case, a drop is applied between the shoulder blades based on the weight of the cat.
Treatment cutaneous parasitic infestations
To destroy the external blood-sucking parasites and vlasiadou, medicine drop the animal between the shoulder blades or on the neck, where it cannot lick off the drops.
- To prevent relapse of infection, re-treatment after 4-6 weeks. Necessarily processed or replaced by a litter of the animal.
- As acaricidal effect begins to appear after 12-24 hours, treat the leather the animal must not be later than the day before the intended walk in locations where the habitat of the parasites.
- If the body of the animal discovered stuck acaricide mite, 1 drop of the drug should be applied to the skin at the point of attachment. If tick does not fall off spontaneously within 20 minutes, it neatly separated from the skin with tweezers and destroy.
For the treatment notoedrosis the drug is applied in a thin layer on areas of the body which must be cleaned from scabs. Treatment should capture healthy skin near the lesions are 1 cm on each side. The tool is applied at the rate of 0.1 ml per 1 kg of body weight.
To carry out such processing requires 1 every 7-10 days, just need 2-3 treatments. If the area affected area of the body is very extensive, processing is carried out in 2 doses with an interval of 1 day. In this case, the drug is applied first on one side of the body, and then the other.
In parallel with the processing means, the Inspector, the animal must receive the pathogenetic and symptomatic therapy until, until complete clinical recovery. Confirm the recovery required double negative results from laboratory studies scrapings.
The animal tried to lick the medicinal substance from the skin surface, you will need to put a muzzle on him or cervical collar. Occasionally closing of the jaws with a loop of ribbon or a wide bandage. 20 minutes after the drug application can release the jaws of the pet.
Treatment of helminthiasis and dirofilariosis
For the treatment and prevention of nematodes drug Inspector dripping on the skin of your pet in the doses specified above. To prevent the procedure is repeated on a monthly basis.
If the animal lives in the regionaffected by dirofilaria, the treatment is carried out in the spring and summer and autumn, prior to the proliferation of mosquitoes and sandflies. Further processing is carried out monthly throughout the season and a month after the end of the seasonal activity of insects.
Using the drug it is impossible to destroy adult dirofilaria, however, can significantly reduce the number of larvae that can circulate in the blood.
Side effects and contraindications
Anti-parasitic drops for cats Inspector have a number of contraindications:
- The age of the kitten is seven weeks younger and older than in those cases when the baby is not separated from the mother. If the cat will begin to lick the treated calves, she can get serious poisoning.
- Not assigned this medicine to the sick and weakened animals, in particular, after recent childbirth.
- Allergic reactions and predisposition to them.
- Concomitant treatment with preparations containing lactones.
- Be wary appoint the Inspector kittens weighing less than 1 kg, as well as pregnant and lactating cats.
If the medicinal substance will be applied in strict accordance with the instructions for use, side effects, as a rule, not marked. At the application drops sometimes develop slight redness and itching. In the case of an allergic reaction, the animal should be thoroughly bathe with hypoallergenic shampoo and give him antihistamines, conduct symptomatic treatment.
Unacceptable use of multiple antiparasitic medications, as this increases their toxicity.
An overdose may be vomiting, increased salivation, muscle tremors and depression of the Central nervous system. In this case, you should immediately flush with the body of the animal the drug and to seek help in the veterinary clinic.
In terms of toxicity this drug belongs to the third group – moderately toxic.
Applying it, should strictly abide by safety regulations to avoid sensitizing or toxic effects:
- Treatment of the animal is recommended in a room with good ventilation and away from the storage and preparation of food.
- Before you open the packaging with drops, be sure to protect skin with rubber gloves.
- In the presence of chronic respiratory diseases is recommended to use protective gauze face mask.
- During the treatments it is forbidden to take food and water, and smoke to prevent the ingress of drugs into the gastrointestinal tract.
- After completion of the procedure wash hands thoroughly with warm water and soap.
- Within 2-3 days after application to the skin of the animal medication it is not recommended to allow tactile contact. At this time we need to completely eliminate contact of the animal with children.
- In contact with the skin or mucous membranes of a person this place needs urgently wash immediately with plenty of flowing clean water.
- In case of allergic reactions should immediately seek medical help. It is preferably to take the package or the instructions for use.
- For 4-5 days it is not recommended to prevent wetting of the skin and fur of an animal.
To avoid overdose, re-treatment may be performed not earlier than 4 weeks.