Hunting rifle Heckler&Koch SLB 2000 is an example of a utilitarian European semi-automatic weapons.
Not having a sophisticated finish, it nevertheless differs from the mass North American firearms impeccable workmanship and excellent ergonomics, corresponding to all the canons of small art.
Description of the carbine Heckler&Koch SLB 2000
Semi-automatic carbine with a detachable box-type store. The mechanism of reloading works on the principle of gas engine, selection from a bore a portion of the propellant gases. Valve with rotating cylinders. Bed polupoltina, cool set, well-marked handle.
Set the outer sighting devices consist of straps dad or folding rear sight and open front sight metal high bracket. Possible to install a bracket weaver or Picatinny rail, which on the cover of the receiver has holes with metric thread.
Advantages and disadvantages
Almost legendary high quality workmanship, characteristic of all samples of the brand Heckler&Koch.
- Good shooting quality, obtained not only through high-precision manufacturing quality trunk, and use the shutter with rotating cylinders on which two rows of lugs, three in each. Thanks to this design solution, the density of the lock barrel from Heckler&Koch SLB 2000 is not worse than bolt rifles.
- Design a gas engine consists of four parts: piston, return springs and two rods of the bolt. Therefore, this machine is more reliable and Browning Bar, Benelli Argo.
- However, SLB 2000, you cannot call forwarding gun that can reliably operate for months without seeing a normal cleaning. Judging by the reviews online, the only ammunition with which the rifle works flawlessly cartridges are brand Dynamite Nobel.
- The ergonomics of the weapon is well thought out, very handy for shooting from any of the provisions of the bed, all controls are accessible without extra effort. It is relatively lightweight and compact.
- The fuse box is located on the back plate of the receiver, they can operate without being distracted from the line of sight. The force on the trigger is adjustable. Its value for the classic hunting weapons – from 1.5 to 1.8 pounds.
- Capacity store five rounds, which is unusual for the European semi-automatic weapons. However, it can optionally be equipped with a ten and a removable hopper. The cartridges are stacked in two rows, which speeds up the process of loading.
Full set of external sighting devices and the ability to install the planks under the optical sight makes this gun universal fit for all types of hunting. The same can be said about a set of calibers offered by the manufacturer. Range from .308 Win to 300 WM allows you to choose a pattern that is appropriate to walk and deer and large bear.
Carabine HK SLB 2000 (photo)
It is a weapon that can be used for chassis and driven hunts, as well as shooting from ambush and Labazov.
The manufacturer offers a set of calibers:
- 7 X 64 ,
- 30-06 Sprg,
- and 300 WM.
Three models: 2000 L, and 2000 K 2000 L Magnum. Latest different design – it is made of black plastic, which are mounted bipod. The butt of the Magnum model has a height-adjustable comb on the muzzle brake installed-compensator.
|H&K 2000 L||H&K 2000 K||H&K 2000 L Magnum|
|Type||Self-loading carbine with a gas engine|
|Shutter||With rotating cylinders having six lugs|
|Gauges||7 X 64 .308Win, 30-06 Sprg, 9.3×62||.300 WM|
|Barrel length (mm)||550||500||600|
|Total length (mm)||1100||1050||1150|
|Weight without cartridges||3.7 V||3,6||3,9|
- Self-loading repeating rifle, which works using the principle of gas engine.
- The barrel is stainless steel, blued, grooves obtained by cold forging. Models Magnum installed muzzle brake-compensator.
- The receiver of thick-walled aluminum, made by milling. Connection with the barrel threaded. On the top side of the cover made the hole for fastening the strap under scopes.
- Valve with rotating cylinders having six lugs – two rows of three each.
- The trigger mechanism with the possibility of adjustment efforts descent from 1.5 to 1.8 pounds. The fuse box is located on the back plate of the receiver, it has two positions: Fire – all the way up, a red dot is visible; the Stop all the way down, visible white dot.
- Store the box, removable, double row. The latch is on the right side of the front branch of the trigger guard.
- After shooting the last cartridge, the shutter becomes in the delay. For its withdrawal on the left side of the receiver is a lever with a grooved prismatic button.
- The set of sighting devices consists of a pillar (can be in the form of bars dad and a flap with a slot), as well as fixed outdoor metal flies at a high bracket. Model Magnum they are not equipped with, there is only a Picatinny rail.
- Bed base models polupoltina, wood Bavarian walnut. The buttplate unregulated, with cushioning pad. Magnum models are equipped with a box of black plastic, the comb of the stock which has an adjustable height and the butt pad can move vertically. On her forearm are fixed bipod.
Picking and packing
The weapon comes in a hard carrying case. Supplied can be a 10-round magazine, tools for cleaning optical sight. Applied manual and passport.
The principle of operation
- The reloading of weapons is due to the selection of a portion of the propellant gases from the barrel. They act on the piston, which by means of rods pushes the bolt back, forcing the larva to turn around and bring the lugs out of engagement with the breech of the barrel. When the movement is removed the sleeve and the percussion mechanism is cocked. On the way back, the bolt carrier picks up a round from the magazine and docile it into the chamber. After the magazine runs out of ammunition the frame of the shutter becomes in the delay in the rearward position.
- For loading the magazine push down the latch lever hopper located at the front branch of the trigger guard. The cartridges are stacked in two rows. The store is set to the first bunker on the front edge, and then back, and then drawn in until it clicks.
- To feed the cartridge in the chamber, pull the bolt back, holding her pen. Then let her go so she went back under the action of the spring return mechanism. If you do not want to fire immediately, engage the safety by moving the slider on the back plate of the receiver down, before the appearance of white dots.
- If the bolt carrier is on delay, it can be returned to the forward position in two ways: to extract; to omit the lever located on the left side of the receiver, in front of the bunker store.
- Discharge the weapon, which remove the magazine from the hopper and distort the bolt.
- Remove Allen wrench the two screws on the bottom of the forearm, remove it.
- Remove the two (slots on both sides of the receiver) Allen key-two bolts that hold the halves of the receiver.
- Peel off the top half of the receiver Assembly with the barrel and bolt carrier.
- Remove the two lock washers securing the thrust bolt to the piston.
- Using a flat-blade screwdriver, press the latch handle bolt and remove it forwards.
- Remove the bolt together with the rods from the receiver, remove the thrust.
- Remove the two screws fastening the retaining spring, remove it and remove the piston from the gas chamber.
- On the back plate of the bolt press the latch, remove the pin, remove the firing pin.
- Remove the cover bolt.
- Remove the larva.
Reviews and price of the rifle Heckler&Koch SLB 2000 is given below.
The carbine is from 120 to 140 thousand rubles. In this money, by the way, will cost you such rifles like the Browning Bar .243W, Mauser M12 Extreme.
Owners say small good quality weapons. With optical sight it is possible to defeat targets at distances up to 150 meters. The return is sharp and strong. Prefer cartridges of Dynamite Nobel. With proper cleaning and maintenance is quite reliable.